Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Guys,
    I just got a new neck from Gregg Rogers for christmas. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm going to put it on my squire strat franky. The problem is that the heel of the neck is too big for the pocket. Should I file down the sides of the neck itself, or should I make the pocket bigger? The neck itself is in great shape though. Any tips or suggestions would be cool. Thanks guys [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by beetlejuice:
    Hey Guys,
    I just got a new neck from Gregg Rogers for christmas. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm going to put it on my squire strat franky. The problem is that the heel of the neck is too big for the pocket. Should I file down the sides of the neck itself, or should I make the pocket bigger? The neck itself is in great shape though. Any tips or suggestions would be cool. Thanks guys [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I have had this problem not from a rodgers neck though so that puzzles me, but anyway *pay attention closley*, you'll want to make the neck heel smaller, to do this you *must* sand evenly on both sides till it fits snug, you want it to slip in snug not so you to have to hammer it in
    but just snug.
    If you sand unevenly this will throw your string alignment off one way or the other, meaning one of the E's could be riding over or close to over the fretboard, now you don't need to be to the perfect to the thousandth but, you'll want to be pretty damn close on either side.
    Use a hard backed sanding block with 220 *not* a foam block, you want a hard block so you know the pressure you are adding is going directly to the neck and not out the sides like can happen with foam.
    Measure where the neckpocket ends on the neck (the depth) you don't need to sand much above that .
    It should take you more than a few minutes, go slow take your time and if your not sure ask, or call me 480-329-3874 (Rol) and I'll talk ya thru it.
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Rol,
    You know, I think the problem lies with the "squire" strat neck pocket (the size issue) not with the neck. The neck itself is in awesome shape! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I also have a ed roman style banana neck that I'm not happy with This neck puts him to shame. I posted this on this board because I kind of figured that I would mess up the string alignment if I "f'd" with the neck without asking you guys first. I think I'm going to try out the sanding block. I'm pretty confident that I can make it fit. Thanks a bunch man I owe you big time for the help the past few weeks man. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I kind of knew that the neck pocket was kind of small to begin with, but I didn't know how small. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] Now I know. I've got a Banana style neck and A 5150 body on its way soon, from Gregg and Marcia and I can't wait. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Just one question;

Do you think that If I asked them to drill the holes for the floyd studs they would do that. In the Ed roman I have, the holes needed to be chased with 25/64ths. Thanks again bro.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by beetlejuice:
    Thanks Rol,
    You know, I think the problem lies with the "squire" strat neck pocket (the size issue) not with the neck. The neck itself is in awesome shape! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I also have a ed roman style banana neck that I'm not happy with This neck puts him to shame. I posted this on this board because I kind of figured that I would mess up the string alignment if I "f'd" with the neck without asking you guys first. I think I'm going to try out the sanding block. I'm pretty confident that I can make it fit. Thanks a bunch man I owe you big time for the help the past few weeks man. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I kind of knew that the neck pocket was kind of small to begin with, but I didn't know how small. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] Now I know. I've got a Banana style neck and A 5150 body on its way soon, from Gregg and Marcia and I can't wait. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Just one question;

Do you think that If I asked them to drill the holes for the floyd studs they would do that. In the Ed roman I have, the holes needed to be chased with 25/64ths. Thanks again bro.
    dud they are so cool I can't imagine them not doing it if you asked, they do drill the pilot holes for locations on all those, that helps a ton you *have* to know what your doing to locate a bridge in the right spot just a titich one way or the other and you'll have string slip, anyway call and ask I'm sure they will.
    Whatever happens try not to do them free hand it's way too easy to drill crooked then you'll have a stud rubbing on the saddle, try to go to a place with a drill press, someone mentioned before
    an adapter that hardware stores sell for your drill I'd stay clear of that too it's to flimsy.
    wow I statred rambling there
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by beetlejuice:
    Thanks Rol,

dud they are so cool I can't imagine them not doing it if you asked, they do drill the pilot holes for locations on all those, that helps a ton you *have* to know what your doing to locate a bridge in the right spot just a titich one way or the other and you'll have string slip, anyway call and ask I'm sure they will.
    Whatever happens try not to do them free hand it's way too easy to drill crooked then you'll have a stud rubbing on the saddle, try to go to a place with a drill press, someone mentioned before
    an adapter that hardware stores sell for your drill I'd stay clear of that too it's to flimsy.
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by beetlejuice:
    Thanks Rol,

Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks Rol,
    My landlord has a drill press that I've used before so hopefully he'll let me use it again. peace!