Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone ever heard of Rhino amps ?? www.rhinoamps.com
    seems they have a Yengwie Signature amp called the "black Star" , all the amps have built in power attenuaters that's cool in itself,
    and I was talking with the owner he said this amp is very versitile and has the old school VH tone as well, no master just volume and the attenuator,
    so I was looking for an amp and guess what I bought ?

I bought the 100 watt 2-12 Texas Tone Ranger cause after hearing the clips I fell in love with it, I know what your saying, "You didn't buy the amp with the supposed VH tone????!!! " but I just loved what I heard from the one I bought and I'm sure someday I'll buy the other one

One thing I can say about the soundclips on that site is they sure do have amazing players, but they all sounded the same, they could have laid off the sweep picicking and done some chording, maybe that's why I bout the one I did, cause I heard what a chord sounded like
    Rol.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    seems they have a Yengwie Signature amp called the "black Star" , all the amps have built in power attenuaters that's cool in itself,
    and I was talking with the owner he said this amp is very versitile and has the old school VH tone as well, no master just volume and the attenuator,

I bought the 100 watt 2-12 Texas Tone Ranger cause after hearing the clips I fell in love with it, I know what your saying, "You didn't buy the amp with the supposed VH tone????!!! " but I just loved what I heard from the one I bought and I'm sure someday I'll buy the other one

One thing I can say about the soundclips on that site is they sure do have amazing players, but they all sounded the same, they could have laid off the sweep picicking and done some chording, maybe that's why I bout the one I did, cause I heard what a chord sounded like
    Rol.
    That's what turned me off to the Blackstar. Its all legato shred and sweeping. The worst part is its an Yngwie soundalike doing the clips. Yngwie won't even lay down a few clips of his "signature" amp?

The TTR is a sweet sounding amp. I really liked the tone on the clean bluesey clip and the overdrive was very Marshall sounding for an amp with Texas in the name

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LarryJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rolsguitars:

Rol.
    That's what turned me off to the Blackstar. Its all legato shred and sweeping. The worst part is its an Yngwie soundalike doing the clips. Yngwie won't even lay down a few clips of his "signature" amp?

The TTR is a sweet sounding amp. I really liked the tone on the clean bluesey clip and the overdrive was very Marshall sounding for an amp with Texas in the name
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yea you know where I'm going with this don't you I had him ship it with el34's I think it will do ZZ top and VH along with SRV type stuff, that would be too cool to have all that in one amp, yea I'm dreamin' but if it doesn't happen I won't be dissapointed if I just get the tone that's on the clips, the black star or Budda or whatever can wait.
    Rol.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LarryJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rolsguitars:

Rol.

</font>[/QUOTE]Yea you know where I'm going with this don't you I had him ship it with el34's I think it will do ZZ top and VH along with SRV type stuff, that would be too cool to have all that in one amp, yea I'm dreamin' but if it doesn't happen I won't be dissapointed if I just get the tone that's on the clips, the black star or Budda or whatever can wait.
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]That's the dream isn't it? SRV, ZZTop and early EVH in one amp. I know there are at least two good sounds in there becaus I heard them on the site. If it does turn out to get all those sounds I'll be expecting a phone call!