Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kramer update

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So i was browsing the musicyo site earlier to see if they put a price on the "barretta 1984" when i came across two new updates. First, there is a page that now describes what this guitar actually is, some people were getting confused by the name. Second, the actual sneak peak pic was redone so the new name would appear as "1984."
    http://www.musicyo.com/news/whatsup_dtl.asp?id=139
    https://secure.musicyo.com/sneakpeeks.asp?pic=SP1984c

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 11,593 Times in 4,941 Posts

Someone emailed me today and said the guitar would run about $700.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HI,

The guitars will be $699 with a hardcase,
    that is direct from the President
    of music yo and it looks like they will be for sale in May, now they could chnage the price but
    as of today it's $699 with hardcase.
    later,
    Rol
    www.rolsguitars.com

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.05 @ 03:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It looks pretty smart to me... [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks for the update rol! ps, i finally found the right tape to stripe my guitar, looks killer!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

$699 is rediculous! there are so many guitars out there that would shit all over this one for heaps less than $699! I doubt many people other than diehard EVH fans will fork out that sort of dough for this guitar. What a shame - it probably only costs them about $200 to make.
    RD<br /><br />"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)<br /><br />"We don't go for perfection, we just go for spirit." - EVH (1981)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

06.05.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I feel the same way.

You could probably get yourself a baretta body or striker body online for around 50 bucks. slap it together with some piece of shit used parts, and you've got together a similar guitar for half or 2/3 the price.

Obviously, this guitar is built by yo so that people can basicly get the guitar, the krylon, and the tape, and do the eddie replica....

Personally, I prefer the idea of getting a used 400 dollar white wolf special and using that as the basis for a stripe job. The wolf neck is probably going to be nicer than the neck on that Yo, and you get those pickups! yum...

As a matter of fact, I think that's going to be my next project since I've found my wolf standard...

-Frank

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you're going to do the project with a white wolf speacial that could look really nice, but you might want to think about trying different pickups in there. I don't understand how people think those pickups are so great. I honestly think they're way overhyped. To me they sound flat and overly didtorted.
    There are lots of other pickups that will sound much better, and true to VH's earlier sound.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by strangegrey:
    Yeah, I feel the same way.

You could probably get yourself a baretta body or striker body online for around 50 bucks. slap it together with some piece of shit used parts, and you've got together a similar guitar for half or 2/3 the price.

Obviously, this guitar is built by yo so that people can basicly get the guitar, the krylon, and the tape, and do the eddie replica....

-Frank
    I dunno guys I think your missing the point, this is a real wood body not like a striker or focus, real Floyd, not like a striker or a Focus, the neck is correct not like a striker or a focus and it has a real Duncan pickup
    not like a striker or a focus, Shaller tuners not like a striker or a focus I think your comparing apples to grapes but it's just my opinion.
    and they will have a sealed only body version so people can make replicas out of them other colors are red, white, black.
    As you may know I had a hand in this whole thing
    and it was my intention to have someone mass produce this guitar and they can do as they wish with it, 2 years ago you couldn't get a 5150 anywhere for les than $1400 stripes or not, well every once in a while you could , now you can get one for $700 and paint it yourself or get one in your favorite color and leave it.
    I started my whole EVH replica guitar thing because of the lack of avaiability and the outrageous prices, I unfortunatly could not alone put a dent in the availability, I did somewhat in price, I am the cheapest for the detail you get
    out of any others I've seen but now the availabilty is there and the price is totally in reach not unlike buyiong a new wolfie spec.
    ok I'll shut up now.
    Later,
    Rol
    www.rolsguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

06.05.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, Rol...you're right, I'm wrong. These parts together are definitely going to be less than trying to piece together used ones on ebay.

I will offer one humble correction. The pickup that's being advertised on the musicyo site is a "Gibson 84T" pickup. Not a duncan.

In my humble opinion, those closest mid 80s VH sound I ever got was from a Seymour Duncan JB....never tried the custom or the custom custom.

-Frank

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by strangegrey:
    You know, Rol...you're right, I'm wrong. These parts together are definitely going to be less than trying to piece together used ones on ebay.

I will offer one humble correction. The pickup that's being advertised on the musicyo site is a "Gibson 84T" pickup. Not a duncan.

In my humble opinion, those closest mid 80s VH sound I ever got was from a Seymour Duncan JB....never tried the custom or the custom custom.

-Frank
    you are correct, I forgot that they desinged there own pickup for it, but having said that
    I have played it and it rocks, I'd like to see if I could get them for my replicas and I'm gonna try,
    it sounded just like the Custom to me.
    later,
    Rol.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.03.05 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to bring an old topic back up, but I missed it first time round. Will the new Kramer 1984 on musicyo be available in a EVH striped design straight from the factory? I've read that the body is being offered as a base to stripe it yourself, but when it comes to that sort of thing, Im completly incompetent...

After putting in so much effort producing a replica (nice one to all at musicyo btw) it would seem a logical progression to actually offer a 5150 paint job, which would be a life saver for people like me. Unless Eddie has that design trademarked. What do ya think Rols? Cheers! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Johnny Guitar:
    Sorry to bring an old topic back up, but I missed it first time round. Will the new Kramer 1984 on musicyo be available in a EVH striped design straight from the factory? I've read that the body is being offered as a base to stripe it yourself, but when it comes to that sort of thing, Im completly incompetent...

After putting in so much effort producing a replica (nice one to all at musicyo btw) it would seem a logical progression to actually offer a 5150 paint job, which would be a life saver for people like me. Unless Eddie has that design trademarked. What do ya think Rols? Cheers! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    No they can't stripe it like Eds, they are way to big and would end up in a lawsuit, I had and extensive talk with the CEO of Musicyo about this,
    no one is really supposed to but many mnay small companies have been doing it for 10-15 yrs now ,but if someone mass produces them they will get into trouble.
    I had forgotten all about this till recently but anyone remember the Memphis guitar co? they are still around but were tied up in a court with Eds lawyers for quite a while over a striped guitar they were mass producing, I don't know if they lost the case or didn't have the funds to fight it but they quit doing it.
    But as of now there still are several who do this
    just not big companies.
    Rol.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The only reason I would be interested in getting one of these guitars is because Rols had a hand in it. If he says they rock... then well. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    And beyond the horizon.... a sound was heard.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.03.05 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Rols,I thought there would probably be some legal thing involved.

Anyway,I'll give it a go myself then,when i finally get the cash together for a 1984.

It looks like a great guitar though- well done to rols and music yo.