Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: EBMM EVH

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is a morbid question, but valid. With the recent article with Val in Redbook talking about EVH's cancer coming back worse than it was before, I've been thinking about what if, God forbid, EVH does succumb to cancer. Aside from reeling from the loss of one of the worlds greatest guitar players, what would this do to the value of his signature series guitars and amps? I hope to one day own a EBMM EVH. Right now there are several on the internet at or under $2000. Should I go for it now before these guitars go up in price, or continue to wait and save? I can buy one now, but it'll really stress me for the next few months. Would it be worth it in the long run to get one of these prized guitar while EVH is still alive? Sorry to sound so crass. I truly do hope Ed is healthy, happy, and doing what he loves. Thanks for any advice.
    T

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is only an opinion. It's virtually impossible to tell what the used guitar market will do over a short period, but I beleive the EBMM EVH will climb back up eventually. Not because of Ed's health though. It's just an extremely rare guitar, although with all of them on ebay at the moment you wouldn't think so.
    People are getting axis guitars for a much lower price thinking it's the same thing, so there are people dumping the EVH believing it's hit bottom. I remember 60's strats and les pauls dropped to 800-1200 dollars in the 80's because people thought there were so many of them, but the smart ones hung onto theirs. In 82 I bought a 71 strat for 400. and sold it in 84 for 500. Canadian. Being the little snot nose I was I thought I was making a really sharp deal. Fucking idiot that I am I know better now. Believe it or not I actually sold a 66 strat for 350. and I'm still kicking myself.
    See what you'd pay for a 60's strat or paul now.
    I believe the rarity of the guitar will eventually bring it back up. They'll still be for sale, but I think they'll eventually bring the price that a green or solid black brings now. It's a very selective collector's market for those guitars at the moment, and if Ed lives a good long life like I hope he does, it's still the first marketed guitar designed and signed by Edward Van Halen, and had a very short and limited run. Remember, it wasn't discontinued because of poor quality or sales. Just the opposite. Also as anyone who owns one can tell you, it's extremely well made, right down to the way the finger board is cut from the same peice of wood as the neck. It's virtually seamless across the side of the fingerboard. Quality control was very tight on them. If you can't afford one now then save up and watch the market on them.
    I honestly think in 5-6 years you'll be paying 3-5000 for the average EBMM EVH, if not more.
    Then there's always the fact that they almost play themselves.

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks tribb,

I truly do value your opinion. I'm still thinking long and hard about it right now. Maybe after the first of the year...

Thanks,
    T

Live Music Capital of the World" Austin, Texas!
    Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

07.15.12 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In 2001 I bought this really cool pink EVH MM for $1900 on e-bay.

This collector from Mississippi, which turns out to be a really cool guy contacted me and tried to buy it off of me. I finally traded him it for an amber EVH MM quilt top (forget the year) and a mint, unplayed '97 amber Wolfgang quilt top.

This collector has every EBMM EVH guitar in every color. My pink EVH MM I traded him completed his collection.

QUESTION:
    What I'd like to do is post a message on the group about trading my '97 mint Wolfgang amber quilt top for a honeyburst Les Paul or Jimmy Page Les Paul. I suppose I might have to give some cash in on the deal. If no one goes for this, I guess I'll hold on to that Wolfgang for about 20 years and see what it's worth then or pass it on to my children if I ever have any.

My opinion about Wolfgangs is that as the production continues, they'll be so many on the market that they'll go down in value like they are continuing to do, just like strats. If Ed passes, they'd probably go up in value.

Anyway, I would do anything possible to pick up a EVH MM RIGHT NOW while the gettings good!

Dan

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

It's a buyers market for EVHs these day so I'd purchase ASAP if I had the cash.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

their next one
    Favorite VH Song

dance the night away
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There a 3 on Ebay, and the adress says "up in the foothills"-- Los Angeles. Is Eddie selling a couple of his guitars?

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

their next one
    Favorite VH Song

dance the night away
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was a Guitar Center in Chicago in 92 and really didn't know much about guitar's back then. Anyway I remember picking up a red EVH MM and thinking "This this is junk, it's like a toy, Plastic tuners, short body, lighweight" I was disapointed with it. STUPID ME, It had a $900.00 price tag on it. I wish I could go back in time. I would talk the salesman down to $500.00.