Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Heres the deal. I cant decide on which telecaster I want. I'm pretty sure I want one with a humbucker on it but I want a quality guitar also. Heres my situation, I could get a Squier tele with two hums for 330$ or I could get a Squier with one hum for 230$ and lastly I could get a Fender Tele with single coils (standard tele) for 315.

So, my question to you guit freaks would be are fenders that much better than Squiers in quality. I've noticed that accasionally I will see a famous player playing a epiphone but I dont think I have ever seen someone who obviously has the money to get a fender (someone famous) play a Squier.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First off, let me say that Jeff Healey used Squiers all the time.

Anyhow, I have 3 Squier Pro Tone Strats. They are solid ash bodies, decent hardware, and they play and sound great. I got them while working at a Fender dealer. I could have had ANY guitar for cost, but the Squiers were too good to pass up.

I haven't played the new ones, so I can't be sure, but remember that a top of the line Squier is usually better than the bottom of the line Fender. You DO pay for the Fender name, trust me!

I love my guitars; they play and sound great. Yes, I modded them out electronically, and replaced some hardware, but they were good to begin with. The biggest problem for people is dealing with the stares you get when you show someone that it's a Squier and not a Fender. But, to hell with them. If it sounds/plays/looks good, then it IS good.

So, don't be afraid of Squiers; over the last decade, their top models have been EXCELLENT in quality, and they are backed by a warranty like the Fenders are. Now, the super cheapo ones suck; but you're looking at a higher end model. If you can, try them out, and see what you like. And don't judge by the name on the headstock-go with the better instrument for you.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.