Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

I don't have an E-bay user I.D. to get a hold of this guy. Would one of you please check out Item #2502727619, and let this ass-clown know that he won't get away with this.

Thanks guys.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

OK. So I go in there to see the listing, and he says it's a Van Halen Wolfgang with guitar case as described below:

"This is an absolutely awesome guitar which has been used very little. It has a Basswood body with a Quilted Maple top. It comes with the Hard Rock Maple Neck. It has a Peavey ( Floyd Rose ) Bridge W/ Factory D - Tuna. Both the guitar and case are in near mint condition. I accept cashiers checks and money orders only on this item. Buyer will please add $35.00 for S/H which includes insurance. Serious bidders only please. Feel free to e - mail me with any questions and I will answer ASAP. It lists new for $1599.00."

Help me understand why this gets you so upset. No disrespect to you in any way, but it seems kind of weird in general. Is it the list price? Is it that he said to ask him any questions at all? The only thing that seems to be missing is the Peavey name, which I wouldn't blame him for. So, help me understand why this guy made you so upset that you wouldn't even get a login to Ebay in the first place and instead ask someone here to help you out. There is no charge for a login to EBay, but if you don't have a login for EBay, then you can't buy anything. So I guess I'm wonderding why are you window shopping in EBay with no intent to make a purchase in the first place, but rather look for a reason to complain about capitalism at work. It kind of baffles me... [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img] Again, I mean you no disrespect, but your intentions against this guy seem clouded. What am I missing?

[ January 25, 2003, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

I think that is a Korean guitar correct? Quilted specials=made in Korea. That is what he s getting at (I think).

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As far as I can see it appears to be a korean Wolf. I wish I could see more detail on the tremolo or back of the headstock. I'm doubting that it's a custom job, so that's all I can say.

If that's the case, then yeah, I can understand NB's frustration.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unless it's a custom shop model, which I seriously doubt, I have to agree.
    He's trying to pass off a Korean wolf as a US made model.
    It looks like it's coming from a music store so the seller should really know better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2502727619

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

Yeah, that's the deal. It is without a doubt a Korean Wolfgang, not a custom shop Wolf. It does also appear that it is being offered from a dealer who should know better, not a private seller.

No disrespect was taken, we're all adults here that can handle our intentions being questioned.
    I am willing to admit that I am an E-Bay lurker. I don't think that's a crime, is it?

The guy is obviously trying to pass off a Korean Wolfgang for a U.S.A. Wolfgang by saying the list price on the guitar is $1599.00. I know from past posts that some of you guys enjoy busting these con artists, so I thought I would let the people with the most experience handle it. I have no E-Bay login as protection for my marriage. I would probably have a room full of EBMM EVH's three days after I got my login, and then have to sell them to pay for my divorce.

My intentions are simply to entertain the people here who like to bust these guys, and keep some less informed kid from being screwed out of his money.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by tribb:
    Unless it's a custom shop model, which I seriously doubt, I have to agree.
    He's trying to pass off a Korean wolf as a US made model.
    It looks like it's coming from a music store so the seller should really know better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2502727619
    [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

[ January 25, 2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by nobozos:
    I have no E-Bay login as protection for my marriage. I would probably have a room full of EBMM EVH's three days after I got my login, and then have to sell them to pay for my divorce.
    I feel your pain

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, I fired off an e-mail to him. I'll see how he responds.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until then, but it is confusing...

"<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nobozos:
    [QB] I have no E-Bay login as protection for my marriage. I would probably have a room full of EBMM EVH's three days after I got my login, and then have to sell them to pay for my divorce.

Your a smart man not getting hooked on ebay like myself and many others,it`s very addictive [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, the seller is in the wrong for trying to pass off a Korean Special as something it isn't, but buyers need to do their homework so they don't get screwed too. I wouldn't even think of paying $1,100 for a guitar on eBay without knowing every single little detail about the guitar. From the gutiar company and the dealer selling the guitar. From the looks of the bids, the buyers know what it is. But the seller needs to understand that he is misrepresenting the item.
    He may honestly be confused or a flatout cheat.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While we're on the fraud front, this isn't a Wolfgang, but here's another world-class A-hole trying to pass something off as being worth a helluva lot more than it is:

ripoff

$1300 for a bolt-on Iceman?!

So many assholes, so few bullets...

SBS

[ January 26, 2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    What, me, worry?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They made some Iceman guitars with mahogany bodies, and that's possibly one of them.
    The color is rare for an Iceman, and some of the 100 series models were more expensive than the 300 and 500 series models.
    As to whether it's worth his asking price, I guess that would be up to someone who likes the more rare models.
    It could be worth the money as some models are still valued at 1200 and up.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tribb:
    They made some Iceman guitars with mahogany bodies, and that's possibly one of them.
    The color is rare for an Iceman, and some of the 100 series models were more expensive than the 300 and 500 series models.
    As to whether it's worth his asking price, I guess that would be up to someone who likes the more rare models.
    It could be worth the money as some models are still valued at 1200 and up.
    I seriously doubt this guitar falls into that category. The IC100s were the bolt-on low end of the Iceman line when they came out, and even though they were still well-made guitars, they don't fetch the higher prices that the set-necks like the IC200s, 300s, 400s, PS and Artist series models can claim. My band's other guitarist has a dead-mint, gorgeous '79 IC400, and he's checked it out; it's appraised at right around $1200 (or is it $1400? I can't remember. I'll have to ask him at practice tomorrow...), so no way I'm buying that axe is worth more, particularly since white was a production color on that run, in fact, the only production color on that run other than black. Also, more than twelve times as many 100s were produced on that run than the much higher priced 400s, of which, only 54 were produced in '79.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably a very nice guitar, and I'm sure someone will grossly overpay for it and like it, but it's still not worth anywhere near what the guy's asking for it.

SBS

[ January 26, 2003, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    What, me, worry?

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

There is a difference between good ole' "American capitalism" at work (for example, trying to re-sell an original EVH MusicMan for $3500, even though the original owner only payed $1500), and someone misleading a buyer about a product.

The list price for a Korean Wolf is certainly not even close to $1500 (or whatever it was). It also is not a Wolfgang, not is it a Wolfgang Special.

If the guy honestly doesn't know this (which I doubt), then he deserves to be *informed*, and not hung. On the other hand, if he *knows* what he's trying to pull..........