Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later, all DLR era songs
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did the parts Rols used in his custom built guitars come from http://www.greggrogersguitars.com/ ?

I see kits there that are "based" on Rols specs, I wonder how these turn out. I have a wolfgang (original), and wonder how much differently they play and sound - the now 'illegal' Rols included. The wolfy neck is a bit too "baseball bat like" for my tastes, I'm tempted to shave it down a bit. The tone on this guitar is great as well stock, but its not as "brown" as EVH's earlier guitars.

If Rols reads this, I wonder if he is still planning on making the "upstriped versions" of the frankenstrat? Also, is this the guitar EVH was playing when recording (for the most part) Fair Warning? That's the tone I want, and can pretty much nail with my Wolfgang and extensive rig. With the addition of a Seymour Custom Shop EVH pickup Im getting today I hope to get even closer.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey Zifnab, maybe you want to check this thread out. I had to pass on the opportunity
    </font>[*]Warmoth 5150 guitar for sale

I know it's not the Frankenstrat, but hey....

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ October 23, 2002, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zifnab:
    Did the parts Rols used in his custom built guitars come from http://www.greggrogersguitars.com/ ?

I see kits there that are "based" on Rols specs, I wonder how these turn out. I have a wolfgang (original), and wonder how much differently they play and sound - the now 'illegal' Rols included. The wolfy neck is a bit too "baseball bat like" for my tastes, I'm tempted to shave it down a bit. The tone on this guitar is great as well stock, but its not as "brown" as EVH's earlier guitars.

If Rols reads this, I wonder if he is still planning on making the "upstriped versions" of the frankenstrat? Also, is this the guitar EVH was playing when recording (for the most part) Fair Warning? That's the tone I want, and can pretty much nail with my Wolfgang and extensive rig. With the addition of a Seymour Custom Shop EVH pickup Im getting today I hope to get even closer.
    HI,

for the last 10-15 guitars that I made all of them were from the kits, and I boutgh seperate peices and modded them myself before that, so if you wanted me to build you a franky I would be using a rogers kit (unstriped of coarse) and as far as I know the Franky was used on most of "Fair Warning and you don't want a custom shop EVH in that kit, the TB-5 is the one for that guitar, let me rephrase that you can try a custom shop EVH but I dunno what it will sound like, I do know what the TB-5 in that guitar sounds like though.
    As for the difference in the Wolfy and a Franky??
    night and day, 2 completely different guitars in feel and sound, for me if you want newer EVH sound then a MM or Wolfy is the one, if you want older then a 5150 or Franky kit is the one. my opinion though.
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rols ...can you get these kits in Australia? Or what can I do..........I am also a grreedy pig and want one!