Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

all of them
    Last Online

04.23.05 @ 06:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone know anything about the Behringer V-AMP 2? I was considering one of these, but I was wondering how they compare in tone and features to the POD? I know the Behringer has a gig bag and pedal bank selector which is kind of cool...
    God Speaks to us through the Bible. If He could play the guitar, he'd play it through Eddie Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

all of them
    Last Online

04.23.05 @ 06:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Take it no one has used this thing? [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] Loosing faith in you guys...

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.25.06 @ 05:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a V-Amp, but I have no experience with the POD. I'm no expert, so keep that in mind!!

I have wolf special, v-amp2 and a traynor ycv40 amp. The v-amp is great for home use. I've used headphones, ran it thru the stereo and thru the amp using effects loop and guitar input. You can turn off the cabinet simulation when putting it thru the amp, so you just use the effects. It can really sound good. One drawback is that when you switch presets, there can be a bit of a pause. Can be a pain for jamming, and I don't think it's good for a gigging unless you don't switch effects during any songs.

All in all though, I think it's great for the price. Great fun. Let me know if you have other questions ... Pete

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

I don't know the V-AMP but I do have a Pod XT. I run it in my effects loop and use it for effects only. The delays, reverbs and choruses I find are pretty good. The EQ aint bad either. Flangers and phasers sound pretty good as well. The amp models are horrendous - including the new model packs, I can't believe I paid for those- so I don't use those AT ALL, at least not for live jamming. As a direct recording device it is a very strong unit, but I really don't do much direct recording. The little bit that I've done I've had some good results going into my computer via usb. I don't like playing through headphones so I never use it that way. Worth the money for the effects alone though.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane
    I have a V-Amp, but I have no experience with the POD. I'm no expert, so keep that in mind!!

I have wolf special, v-amp2 and a traynor ycv40 amp. The v-amp is great for home use. I've used headphones, ran it thru the stereo and thru the amp using effects loop and guitar input. You can turn off the cabinet simulation when putting it thru the amp, so you just use the effects. It can really sound good. One drawback is that when you switch presets, there can be a bit of a pause. Can be a pain for jamming, and I don't think it's good for a gigging unless you don't switch effects during any songs.

All in all though, I think it's great for the price. Great fun. Let me know if you have other questions ... Pete
    Sorry to change the subject, but how is that YCV40? I've thought about buying one.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.25.06 @ 05:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the YCV40A, similar to the YCV40WR. It's upgraded a bit from the standard model with a celestion vintage 30 speaker. I really like the sound. For me, I was looking for classic rock sounds which it does very well. It's not a high gain amp. The clean sound is very good too. I jam sometimes with a guy who has a Marshall AVT50 combo. That one sounds really good at low-med volumes, but if we start to crank it, his sounds a little grating to me. The Traynor is much smoother. Let me know if you have other questions.

Last Online

07.05.05 @ 02:35 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a V-Amp Pro and its pretty cool, no it isn't an amp but for practicing and direct recording its superb. Live I would say its gonna suffer as there is a delay when changing from amp sims, but if you dial in 5 presets from the same amp sim for your tones then there is no problem.

I have no direct experience of the Pod's but a friend has one and he reckons the tones I get from the V-amp are better than his Pod's.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i was thinking of getting the bass V-Amp Pro...those Behringers built pretty solid, or do they have that cheap feeling? you know, soft knobs, the less than satisfying "click" when you plug a 1/4 inch plug in...

Last Online

07.05.05 @ 02:35 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its built pretty solid, as long as rackmount it and look after your gear I don't foresee any problems. A bassist in a local blues band uses one through an Ampeg poweramp and he has one of the best bass tones I have heard live.