Register
    Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since I picked up some new duties, I'm staying at a new hotel. I'll be at the mother for around six months, and I was not very happy when I plugged in.

I'm getting an annoying pulsating noise through the amp, and amplified even more so when the stereo chorus is on, for obvious reasons.

Well, I bought around a thirty dollar surge protector with a noise filter at radio shack. I haven't tried it out yet, but I know for sure the interference from something at this hotel cause it worked fine when I took it home.

Wondering if anyone else faced similar probs, and what they did to remedy it...later
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since a lot of it can be transmitted through electrical lines a good EMF filter is a place to start. You also want to make sure your guitar is properly sheilded, and your amp has a good ground. If that's ok, then the filter should do it, or at least remove most of it.
    Since it's hard to tell if the hotel's grounding system is accurate there's not much you can do there. In hotels there's a lot of noise coming through the electrical system from fridges, stoves, computers, tv sets, etc., and a lot of it gets transmitted and amplified by your system.
    I always travel with a good EMF filter that I plug into a surge protector and it seems to help 99% of the time, but there's always one or two clubs that have such a bad grounding problem that nothing helps. At one club our lights kept blowing out, along with the base player's amp. Let me tell you, that was not a great night.

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Copy that Tribb,

I'm not picking up any interference when into the MRS1044CD, but the amp still has the same shit with through that surge protector with the noise filter.

So where can you pick up one of these EMF Filters?

On a side note, how are things going with your Zoom. I haven't mastered anything yet, mainly because I haven't had much time with it yet, and am learning the painstaking tasks of the unit.

I created a rhythym song about 40 measures or so, and I layed down a rhythym track. Then I went to lay down my bass line, and the rhythym track inherited the effects patch for the bass track. I emailed Zoom about it and gonna try it again, but believe me, I was getting pretty pissed off after saving it, resaving it, and doing about 3 more takes.

Hopefully I'll get that bastard figured out. Have you tried using the pad to create any drum tracks? I wish there was an "auto fill" feature rather than piecing everything together, but I'm sure once I get it figured out you can probably create some pretty amazing drum tracks by machine stanards...Later man
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can get a dedicated EMF at most electronic parts shops. They have to be able to maintain a good load(at least 15 amp) for an amp, but they're not really expensive. Tell them you want electrical filter to block out stray ballast signals for your amp. They'll know what you mean.
    As far as the zoom goes, I've been working on original stuff for awhile and haven't had any problems. I'm learning as I go along, but it's quite a versatile little machine and does a lot more than I believed at first.
    Based on what you told me, either you preset some mixing parameters wrong or it's the machine mixing it incorrectlt. Because it's hard disk and not tape there shouldn't be any overlap at all.
    When you mix down you can reassign track to either pan right or left, or mix them together like ponging, but the machine shouldn't premix it without your input. Get that checked out or take it to a store where they know how to use a hard disk recorder and see if they can figure it out.
    I have no complaints at all so far.
    The cd that comes with the board I got has the program for reinstalling all the factory presets, but you have to format the hard drive first. Zoom might just let you down load it from their site and start again. If you bout it new though, you might just want to take it back and exchange the whole unit for a new one.
    You can insert drum fills where you need them, but you do have to do it peice by peice unless you want the whole thing to go through with 1 drumbeat.
    I consider myself a good player, but I wish I had HomeUnit's skill at writing.