Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For those who were interested in the GNX3 processor here are some clips I recorded on it.
    BTW as of yet it wil *not* get Eds older tone
    not to my liking anyway. and again it's not the end all it has some really cool stuff I like in it but at the same time it's got a lot of stuff I don't like.
    herer ya go:
    www.geocities.com/wolfront/gnx3.html

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, WACF, FW, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

"They\'re all hit singles, man" - DLR
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Probably wouldn't make me buy one but...

I noticed on solo2's first tapping run that it sounds very similiar to the run I use to warm my hands up. (Keeping the left hand hammering on the same two notes and using your right hand to tap up and down the neck, it even sounded like the same position..wierd), and that the second tapping run of solo2 sounds like Eddie's Eruption breakdown from the Balance tour. Very cool.
    Right Now...My gf is probably reading my posts.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 5150atomic:
    Probably wouldn't make me buy one but...

I noticed on solo2's first tapping run that it sounds very similiar to the run I use to warm my hands up. (Keeping the left hand hammering on the same two notes and using your right hand to tap up and down the neck, it even sounded like the same position..wierd), and that the second tapping run of solo2 sounds like Eddie's Eruption breakdown from the Balance tour. Very cool.
    He used both those parts in solo's throught the years, even some on old boots from way back in 80' ish

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Rol!

That first clip is one of my all time favorite EVH bits...

I remember reading that you were putting together a Marshall rig? Where does the digitech fit in?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ratter:
    Hey Rol!

That first clip is one of my all time favorite EVH bits...

I remember reading that you were putting together a Marshall rig? Where does the digitech fit in?
    oh no no no, this is only me the digitech , guitar and headphones, it has a built in recorder so I just use it to lay down ideas and play around.
    This is not my rig at all, I preamp 2 5150's with an oberhiem and play in stereo, I am getting a Marshall together, it's being modded right now and I goin after older EVH tone with a second rig.
    Rol.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

great clips rol, I really like the live solo 2! I have been trying to work on that basic same run for awhile, but can't quite do it...who is modding your amp? I am hoping to get voodoo amps to do some work on an amp soon...hopefully! How much would it be for you to install a floyd into an olp, like you did for another customer? thanks...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Great stuff Rols...

Any tips on how to play these licks ? I'd love to be able to do it myself, but don't know where to start...

"<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by mondola:
    Great stuff Rols...

Any tips on how to play these licks ? I'd love to be able to do it myself, but don't know where to start...

Hi,
    most of it is tabbed or pretty close to it, the first solo is just something he did in his solos in parts a while ago, the second lick is tabbed in a guitar world mag I don't know what one but the did the entire solo for RHRN it's pretty much the same he plays it differently each time it seems, all I can say is that when you try to do a tapped harmonic you have to hit it right directly on the fretwire and hit it hard and quick get you finger out of the way as quick as you can.
    Rol.

btw there are 2 more new mp3's on that page

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mondola:
    Great stuff Rols...

Hi,
    most of it is tabbed or pretty close to it, the first solo is just something he did in his solos in parts a while ago, the second lick is tabbed in a guitar world mag I don't know what one but the did the entire solo for RHRN it's pretty much the same he plays it differently each time it seems, all I can say is that when you try to do a tapped harmonic you have to hit it right directly on the fretwire and hit it hard and quick get you finger out of the way as quick as you can.
    Rol.

btw there are 2 more new mp3's on that page
    </font>[/QUOTE]Right, that sounds good to me, because I am so heavy handed and I was worried that I would have to incorporate some "delicate touch" that I do not possess...

I guess I will also have to consider the route of trying to play stuff that I can't currently play, instead of plugging the guitar in and playing AC/DC's Highway To Hell over and over again because it rocks !!!

You see, I'm gonna play guitar at my wedding so I have to learn a new bag of tricks because, let's face it, it's my wedding, and I want to look (and more importantly sound) fantastic when I'm up there...

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>