Register
    Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

I was listening to WACF the other day and was looking at the case. I started thinking that the picture on the front or back of the CD (or both?) would make pretty cool user icons! Don't know if this has been suggested before, but I thought I'd bring it up. Might be too small, but who knows?

The second thing was something I'd inquired about in the "VHForums/VHLinks Items Review" thread that you started in Main a while back, but I don't think you ever saw my post, and the thread dropped off. I was wondering if you had ever considered adding a VHForums/VHLinks bumper sticker to the mix. I've always thought that would be a cool item. I know I'd definitely slap one on my bumper! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

So, whatdya think? ...
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:49 AM
    Liked 11,581 Times in 4,936 Posts

Originally posted by Wolfie3:
    I was listening to WACF the other day and was looking at the case. I started thinking that the picture on the front or back of the CD (or both?) would make pretty cool user icons! Don't know if this has been suggested before, but I thought I'd bring it up. Might be too small, but who knows?
    Well we do have a picture of the album cover. But let's see if we can get a good version of the back picture and use it, I know I have seen other sites using that image as well.

The second thing was something I'd inquired about in the "VHForums/VHLinks Items Review" thread that you started in Main a while back, but I don't think you ever saw my post, and the thread dropped off. I was wondering if you had ever considered adding a VHForums/VHLinks bumper sticker to the mix. I've always thought that would be a cool item. I know I'd definitely slap one on my bumper! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

So, whatdya think? ...
    The cost and quantity that I would need to buy to make it worthwhile is a bit too steep. To print nice 4-color stickers would cost a good amount of cash, and to make it worthwhile I'd have to buy a lot of stickers and probably be stuck with a ton of leftovers forever. But it is something I still will consider in the future, if VH decides to be a band again.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Originally posted by Wolfie3:
    Well we do have a picture of the album cover. But let's see if we can get a good version of the back picture and use it, I know I have seen other sites using that image as well.

So, whatdya think? ...
    The cost and quantity that I would need to buy to make it worthwhile is a bit too steep. To print nice 4-color stickers would cost a good amount of cash, and to make it worthwhile I'd have to buy a lot of stickers and probably be stuck with a ton of leftovers forever. But it is something I still will consider in the future, if VH decides to be a band again.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Brett:
    But it is something I still will consider in the future, if VH decides to be a band again.[/QB]
    [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] Yeah, I hear ya on that. As far as the cost of the bumper sticker idea goes, it shows you how much I know. I was thinking the opposite, that they'd be fairly cheap to make. [img]redface.gif[/img] Oh well, that's too bad ...

And about the WACF icons, you said there already is an icon for the front cover, but you're talking about the album cover itself, right? I was refering to the actual picture of the band on the front and back covers. Is the actual picture of the band on the front cover an icon now? If so, I didn't know that. Then again, it's been awile since I've looked at them. Anyway, thanks for the response, Brett! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Just wondering if these icons ever turned out.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

guess not ...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Wolfie, I totally forgot about these things, my bad man. I'll see if I can scan the picture and make an avatar out of it this weekend.

Sorry bout that man.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

No problem, my friend. Hell, I know you've got your hands full with the rest of the site. Although ... I was going to start refering to you as Brad pretty soon. [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks again though, I think both pics will make cool icons. Looking forwad to seeing them.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Brett, I really don't mean to bug you but ... did you forget again??

Fine! Hell with this place! I'm going to the Dome!! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Crap, dude I am such a flake, tonight I promise. I really really do again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

What a FLAKE !!! Dammmmnnn!! [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Damn ... yeah I was afraid of that, too.

How 'bout the picture on the front of the cover? Although I'm thinking that'll end up being too small as well. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Well like I feared it doesn't look good at all.

Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!