Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this may have been touched on before but since school got out a couple of weeks ago and i moved back home, i'm not able to get on as much and stuff here with work, and the connection speed is turtle slow...
    but with all the new forum leaders popping up, i'm wondering, how do you become one? (before yaw think, i have no ambitions whatsoever to become one myself... it would be an honor to do it, but i simply do not have time here during the summer, i got too much going on... so this is NOT stemming from jealousy)... i mean, there are some who are leaders who have barely over a hundred posts... i mean, it seems to me that those who have been around a lot and who have a LOT of posts should be the leaders, like glenn... who IS a leader, i know that, i'm just saying that he is an example of who SHOULD be one... now i'm not saying that those others arent qualified or anything like that, just asking how they became leaders when they really arent as active as a lot of others.... someone fill me in... thanks...

-lizard

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Deputy VanHalen
    How did we become Moderators? Well Brett posted a request for new moderators and I replied simple as that. All I told Brett was that I would be happy to help him in anyway I could.

I think I have like 400 post total, I have been a member here since December 13, 1999.
    I am here everyday for atleast 3 or 4 hours I pretty much read every post that comes through the front door.

I think people put wayyyy to much weight into how many post a member has.
    It would be very easy for me to come on this board and sit and post over and over just to get my post count up. I post when I feel that I have something to add to that particular conversation. So many times in a message thread someone before me has allready said what I was going to, so I see no need to say exactly what they have said.

My thoughts are its not how many post's you have but the content inside of your message.

The person that posted under the name A FAN a few weeks ago has only one post, but it was probally the best post I have seen on this message board to date. A poster like that carries more weight with me personally than someone who comes here to say nonsence just to get there post count up.

This is by no means a slam on people with alot of post, most of the poeple with alot of post have been here a long time and allways bring something to the table and thats what this is about not who has the most post's.

Hope that answered your questions -- OLO

------------------
    Get Well Soon EDDIE!!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Moving this to forum questions/feedback, Brett will fill ya in no doubt soon

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:36 AM
    Liked 11,565 Times in 4,929 Posts

Deputy,

I ask for people who want to be moderators when I need them, and I put a post in the Announcements Forum. Anyone who wants to do the job, just needs to send me an e-mail. I don't base the selections on post count, that would be just silly. Not everyone posts on 500 times a day, that doesn't mean they can't be moderators, many people follow the board every day but don't post all the time. But if someone has been a member for a while and has made a positive contribution to the forum, then they are considered. If someone takes the time to apply to be a moderator, it must be they have some devotion to this board, and that's what I look for. Also, if I know who you are, meaning I see you around enough, then I tend to go with that person as well.

It's all subjective, I have no formula that I use or something.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com