Register
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

I see an TON of threads that get moved to the "Opinions & Speculation" board. However, isn't EVERYTHING that is posted on the boards someone's "opinion" or "speculation"? It seems useless to have that board at all. The "MAIN DISCUSSION" area is where most people visit, so by moving a thread, it's has less of a chance of being replied to.

I guess I just don't get it. Virtually every post in the "MAIN" area turns into a Dave vs. Sammy debate. Isn't that an "opinion" or "speculation"? Any post that asks a question in it (like "your thoughts on...." or "What happens if....") is asking for everyone's opinion/speculation. These are the type of posts that make up the "MAIN DISCUSSION" forum. So I guess I'm puzzled why some threads are moved & others aren't.

My suggestion is to simply elimate the "Opinions & Speculation" board and leave the posts in the "MAIN" area.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

By your rationale, we only need one forum then, since obviously we're all posting opinions.

If you're not visiting any forum but Main, that's not our problem. There's a reason there are 17 other forums on this board, they're not there for looks, they're there to be used.

The opinions forum was created so that threads that specifically were about tired battles like Dave vs. Sam could have a place of their own to be discussed and not clutter up Main. It's all subjective, and it's not perfect by any stretch, but nothing is going to change.

It shouldn't matter where a thread is, if it's interesting post in it, who cares what forum it's in? Does it really matter if a cool post is in the Opinions forum rather than Main? Does it make it less of a topic? I think a lot of you need to get over this Main forum thing. Not everything goes in Main, that's why we create these forums, to split stuff up and make it easier to find topics. If people only look at one forum for some reason, well it's their loss IMO.

The Main vs. Opinions thing isn't an exact science, it's subjective, and it's not going to change anytime soon. Our Main will not look like the PD, a mess of topics.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

Wow, you didn't have to be such an abrassive ass in your response...

If you're not visiting any forum but Main, that's not our problem. There's a reason there are 17 other forums on this board, they're not there for looks, they're there to be used.
    I never said there was a problem with the other 16 forums. Just thought the Opinions/Speculation forum was needless.

Does it really matter if a cool post is in the Opinions forum rather than Main?
    Well, yes it does. Seeing that the "MAIN" has over 5500 topics, and most other forums have less than 1000, it does matter. Especially when there is no clear pattern as to what post will get moved & what post will stay.

I think a lot of you need to get over this Main forum thing.
    Well, this is the first time I brought it up. Not to mention that I asked a very innocent question in an extremely POLITE fashion. It wasn't nearly as rude as your response. Apparently, YOU are the one with the problem considering my post caused you to lash out at me in your post. I didn't really appreciate your rudeness, but at least I have a better understanding about you now. In the future when I'm reading a post where a person is calling you an ass, I'll totally understand what drove them to say that.

[ August 07, 2002, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Ineedalogin ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

Cool don't let the door hit you on the way out. Thanks for the name calling. Interesting you resort to that, when I was giving you an honest answer and not pointing any fingers AT YOU. At least I know what you're all about too now. You're a class act.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Get bent ass.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion