Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all, why the hell do you guys have to get the last word and then close a thread about the banning of FORD? Why does it seem that the mods here want to sweep this all under the rug and pretend it never happened? "Oh, this will give him the attention he wants." BULLSHIT! This thread could grow to be 10 pages long and would that really hurt anything?

Here's my whole problem with how this thing was handled. You say FORD was warned (a claim he denies. He has stated he never received ANY email). That's Brett's right to warn him about abusive behavior. But why was he even warned? Your minds were made up. People say "Oh, you don't know what went on behind the scenes" or "If you think it was just this post that got him banned then you're stupid". Well, it WAS that post that got him banned. Let me post it here yet again so you can all see just what it was that was so abusive:
    Originally posted by FORD:
    Enough of the fucking Covercheeseball shit!!

How many times do you sheep need to read

[img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] IT IS NEVER GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

before you get it?
    That isn't even aimed at any one person and as far as I'm concerned it isn't abusive WHAT-SO-EVER!

If you guys don't want FORD here because of the way he is I've got absolutely no problem with that. But to warn him and then pick this post as the final reason to ban him is disgraceful. Your minds were already made up. He didn't have a chance.

Then I get mighty mod Seenbad telling me this is none of my business and that I should essentially bud-out. What has this place become the mafia? You gonna rub me out now Seenbad because I want to talk about the BULLSHIT you guys pulled on FORD? Go ahead and ban me too. Close this thread up and act like it was all FORDS fault. Life will go on.

You know the sad thing is I wouldn't be saying anything if you guys had actually waited for him to do something abusive or destroyed another thread. Fact of the matter is FORD got shafted. I don't care what happened in the past. Why even warn him if you're just gonna ban him over something silly like this?

Go ahead mods. Close this up and act like it never happened. Don't forget to get the last word in before you do though.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My $.02: FORD will be missed.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe that FORD was given many many chances here and I think they actually tried NOT to ban him. There was never a premade decision. Like I said if anything, they tried NOT to ban him... I never thought it'd happen because it is not the style here. IMO, Brett did what he had to do in order to hold on to some possssition of authority here. He was pushed. I too will miss FORD and I hope somehow he makes his way back...
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude, don't act like you know what happened. Personally I don't give a shit either way, but he was attacking new users for no reason. I saw him get warned by posts on the board numerous times and he still kept doing it. I think they were pretty tolerant of him for the most part but he just kept right on doing the same fucked up shit over and over. What can you do after a while. So quit trying to crusade for him and make yourself a martyr over shit you know nothing about. It makes you look like a dumbass. While he was entertaining sometimes, it just got old after a while like a skipping record.
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like I stated above. I have no problem with Brett banning FORD if he doesn't want him here. None. What bothers me is that he supposedly was given a warning and then banned for making a simple non-abusive statement about David Coverdale.

He may have been given chances in the past, but he was out the door on his next post regardless of what was said.

That's why I'm crying foul.

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whatever, it's not even worth talking about. I stand by my previous statements.
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by dj88:
    quote:
    Originally posted by BigBadBrian:
    You're just kidding, right? Tell me you don't mean that. You just don't know FORD's history on this board
    My point exactly! FORD was banned because of his history; not because of that post.[/QUOTE]Nobody said he was banned because of that post! Geeeeeze. It totally WAS his history that got him there! That post was just the last straw after repeated warnings to chill the fuck out. There is no way in hell Brett would ever ban somebody for making one post that said just that which you quoted! What the fuck is your beef dude!

Nah, I'm not gonna close it. Go ahead dj. You get the last word. yaaaayy. I dont give a shit about that. I just didnt want to dwell on somebody that has been banned. We never have, and we certainly never had a billion threads dedicated to somebody who doesnt even post here anymore. Your going to be suprised that its closed after two other threads prior were already closed?? Not trying to act like it never happened. Nobody is ashamed or trying to hide the fact that a decision was made to not allow a guy to post here anymore. It's just not worth dwelling on so damn much. And no, I personally dont think its any of your damn business. Just speaking for myself. Are you here to talk about van halen or are you here to talk about ford? Where does your interest lie here? If it lies more with ford than van halen, I'd suggest you take a deep breath yourself. If you start meddling in how things work around here rather than participate in what the board was originally created for, your trippin.

Go ahead and have a nice time airing out your differences here. Have your last word. I'm done with this.

[ May 29, 2002, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: seenbad ]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by The Full BuD:
    but he was attacking new users for no reason.
    He wasn't banned for attacking a new user. He was banned for saying that David Coverdale will not be the next singer.
    So quit trying to crusade for him and make yourself a martyr over shit you know nothing about. It makes you look like a dumbass.
    I'd be doing the same thing if it was you that got banned in the way he was. And as for trying to make myself a martyr over FORD? LOL. PAAALEASE. If I was trying to do that I'd have posted this in main for starters. I saw an injustice and I will speak because of that. You don't like it? Don't worry, this will get closed soon enough.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FORD was banned because you guys are biased. He gets attacked left and right all of the time. Gimme a break. How many times have I read a thread where he states an "opinion", then FORD get's attacked...

He's no saint, but he's no sinner either...

People slam FORD the second he ever says anything...

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He wasn't banned for attacking a new user. He was banned for saying that David Coverdale will not be the next singer.
    You're just kidding, right? Tell me you don't mean that. You just don't know FORD's history on this board - and I don't really have an opinion one way or another on his banning.

I will, however, miss trading barbs with him occasionally. I'd go over to the Army to do it but I registered there awhile ago and can never get on that goddamn slow-ass site. I just love to argue. I've even been known to take a stance on something opposite to what I believe in order to argue with someone. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, I gotta say, as someone who butted heads with FORD on numerous occasions, I am glad he is gone. He had a personality that made this forum a worse place to be. He insulted everyone who disagreed with him and he was very vulgar and harsh in doing so. I didn't give a shit what he said about me or my opinion, but for those that may not like to see the words "sheep", "idiot" or "facist", or any number of other harsh words associated to their name, regardless of the moron who was writing the stuff, I'm glad he is gone.
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BigBadBrian:
    You're just kidding, right? Tell me you don't mean that. You just don't know FORD's history on this board
    My point exactly! FORD was banned because of his history; not because of that post.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
    My point exactly! FORD was banned because of his history; not because of that post.[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]duh. the guy was an ass and he never showed any indication that he was gonna change, so they had to ban him sometime. what were they supposed to do? just keep warning him?

good riddance FORD
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    FORD was banned because you guys are biased. He gets attacked left and right all of the time. Gimme a break. How many times have I read a thread where he states an "opinion", then FORD get's attacked...

He's no saint, but he's no sinner either...

People slam FORD the second he ever says anything...
    Right on bro! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow! Ford has his own flock. How touching.
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com