Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't think cultural put-downs should be allowed on this message system. Recently people have been using the term "frog" to describe french people and as someone who is half-french I find this kind of language to be offensive.

I expressed that opinion in a thread about the issue and your moderator, seenbad, chose to say that I threatened someone with violence. This is false.

I only pointed out the difference between typing on a message board and real life - and that I would likely react in a physical way if he called me a frog to his face. I've never said anything like this in my entire history online or at the forums.

Racism and cultural prejudice makes me EXTREMELY angry. It's cowardly and sad behaviour.

Your moderator chose to ignore the bigoted remarks and focus on what I consider to be justifiable anger towards them. Nothing was said about the term "frog", it was only implied that I had threatened the individual in question. And that again, is false.

I found the behaviour of your moderator in this situation to be pretty bad. He should have taken a moment to step away from the normal van halen message board BS and just address the issue as a human being. No one needs to be denigrated because of their cultural background on here, and so far no one ever had been.

I'm seriously not calling for anyones head here. I wanted to make note of the situation. I intend to take a break now, or maybe someone is just gonna overblow this situation and have me banned.

bk
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by badkaraoke:
    Nothing was said about the term "frog", it was only implied that I had threatened the individual in question. And that again, is false.
    Well, look at you trying to be all prim and proper now since you decided to do a little head hunting. Figured you would carry a little more weight if you cleaned up your slanderous mouth eh? Good idea champ.

I found the behaviour of your moderator in this situation to be pretty bad. He should have taken a moment to step away from the normal van halen message board BS and just address the issue as a human being.
    Gee, sounds erily similar to what I told you.

No one needs to be denigrated because of their cultural background on here, and so far no one ever had been.

I don't think that was ever the case. You are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill to cover the fact that you were being a complete and total asshole (and have been pretty much all day all over the board).

I'll never address you as "frog" because I don't even know what it means entirely, but I'm pretty sure from here on out I'll call you CUNT. Better? [img]smile.gif[/img] Not the "official" sounding response you would have hoped from me? Expected me to apoligize to you for my words/actions after you lambasted me for trying to cool the situation you created off? Well gee whiz, thats just too fuckin bad I guess eh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

You have a history of being a pretty upitty prick to a lot of people on here bk. You were WAY out of line in that thread and it just amplified your history and persona.

Thats about all I'll say on it.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by seenbad:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by badkaraoke:
    Nothing was said about the term "frog", it was only implied that I had threatened the individual in question. And that again, is false.
    Well, look at you trying to be all prim and proper now since you decided to do a little head hunting. Figured you would carry a little more weight if you cleaned up your slanderous mouth eh? Good idea champ.

I found the behaviour of your moderator in this situation to be pretty bad. He should have taken a moment to step away from the normal van halen message board BS and just address the issue as a human being.
    Gee, sounds erily similar to what I told you.

No one needs to be denigrated because of their cultural background on here, and so far no one ever had been.

I don't think that was ever the case. You are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill to cover the fact that you were being a complete and total asshole (and have been pretty much all day all over the board).

I'll never address you as "frog" because I don't even know what it means entirely, but I'm pretty sure from here on out I'll call you CUNT. Better? [img]smile.gif[/img] Not the "official" sounding response you would have hoped from me? Expected me to apoligize to you for my words/actions after you lambasted me for trying to cool the situation you created off? Well gee whiz, thats just too fuckin bad I guess eh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

You have a history of being a pretty upitty prick to a lot of people on here bk. You were WAY out of line in that thread and it just amplified your history and persona.

Thats about all I'll say on it.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Actually, frog is just a cultural put down that I find offensive because I am french. You can call me any word in the book. Call me cunt. That stuff is normal.

Since you seem to think this is a theatre and an excuse to continue your crap I'm just gonna log out. It was your suggestion that I post here if I wanted to say more.

And like I said in my message, I don't expect anything. I really was trying to give context to my actions.

This is bull.

bk

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:24 AM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

BK as someone who absolutely never has a problem attacking and berating people, I find it rather odd that you should comment on offensive posts.

"But know that if you said any of that bullshit to my face you'd be whining to the cops about how I beat you."

Sure sounds like a threat to me, what is it exactly?

Why would you even mention banning? It's like you want to be martyr for some weird reason. I think you relish the controversy.

You should have addressed the situation as "human being" as well, there was no need to go off like you did or say the shit you did either, no matter how much you were bothered by it. I have been bothered by shit in that thread too, you see me threatening to beat people up?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Since you seem to think this is a theatre and an excuse to continue your crap I'm just gonna log out. It was your suggestion that I post here if I wanted to say more.
    [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Yes it was my suggestion that if you have a beef to take it here. I'm sorry. Did you think that was an offer for you to come in and spew a pc version of your side without my side or take? My bad. I guess I should have made it very very clear for you. Shit. lol

And like I said in my message, I don't expect anything. I really was trying to give context to my actions.

This is bull.

bk
    great. context recieved.

sb

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ya, like I said I am taking a break.

There's probably lots of french canadian and just french Van Halen fans who don't like being called "frog" because it's a derogatory term. It's just like Jews don't like being called kike, it's the same damn thing. All I can do is express how I feel about this stuff. But somehow it all gets overblown, doesn't it seenbad? It's all my fault or something?

Two minutes of searching is all it takes to figure out the reality of the situation related to this derogatory term.

I didn't mean to say the french are a "race". This was an error, but again it doesn't have much to do with the bigoted bullshit in the thread.

This doesn't have anything to do with "roftard" or any silly friggin' made up word, Sam vs. Dave, or whatever. This is real life.

Y'know, there ARE a lot of people from Quebec who will punch you in the mouth if you call them Frog. I'm not alone. However, if you interpretted my pointing out that as a threat then I apologize. This was not my intention.

I was merely attempting to point out the reality of the situation and that words like this are WRONG and they don't have anything to do with a discussion relating to world politics.

Seenbad, if past events have blinded you to the point of cultural insensitivity then that is truly too bad. There are a lot of people of a lot of different backgrounds posting here and I hope that you can treat them better than this.
    This is bigger than some dumb internet flame war about Van Halen lead singers.

As far as my reference to banning goes it wouldn't surprise me given the way my complaint about this has been twisted by seenbad. This is disgusting.

bk

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

But somehow it all gets overblown, doesn't it seenbad? It's all my fault or something?
    Yeah. It is. Look at the way you blew up. It wasn't me blowing up, it was you.

I didn't mean to say the french are a "race". This was an error, but again it doesn't have much to do with the bigoted bullshit in the thread.
    But you did, and you tried to justify it with a link.

This doesn't have anything to do with "roftard" or any silly friggin' made up word, Sam vs. Dave, or whatever. This is real life.
    No. This is a message board. Your perception of reality is blurred. A break is a good idea for you. As long as you have been here, one would think that you would have the common sense to know what is acceptable discussion and what isn't. I think the term acceptable has stretched over time, but you ought to well know that the way you spouted off like a hormonal teen wouldn't be acceptable.

Y'know, there ARE a lot of people from Quebec who will punch you in the mouth if you call them Frog. I'm not alone. However, if you interpretted my pointing out that as a threat then I apologize. This was not my intention.
    It wasn't as much a "threat" as it was a ridiculous way to carry out a point in conversation. It's offensive and yes, threatening, no matter what your intentions are.

I was merely attempting to point out the reality of the situation and that words like this are WRONG and they don't have anything to do with a discussion relating to world politics.
    There now, that wasn't so hard was it?

Seenbad, if past events have blinded you to the point of cultural insensitivity then that is truly too bad.
    Whatever. You were being a dickhead and I pointed that out. Has nothing to do with being "culturally insensitive". Nice stretch though.

There are a lot of people of a lot of different backgrounds posting here and I hope that you can treat them better than this.
    That was a pretty weak. Pretty much anybody who posts on this board with regularity will know how desperate that comment makes you look in trying to damage my character somehow. Good lord. Get off your high horse. You sound plain stupid now.

As far as my reference to banning goes it wouldn't surprise me given the way my complaint about this has been twisted by seenbad. This is disgusting.

bk
    Not my call to ban, but it wouldnt suprise me. It would also have nothing to do with me. Your a fucking asshole without prejudice (to your credit ) to pretty much anybody who doesn't disagree with you on this board. The only thing I do is call you on it when it happens. I don't "twist" things dude. If an idiot like you gets out of line, I may quote or whatever, but I never "twist". It's black and white. If youre an asshole youre an asshole. I don't need to add any gray to a simple situation.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yes, language like frog extends into real life, you're twisting my words again man..

It teaches people to disrespect others because of cultural background. Since I am french I found it offensive. Why is that strange?

As far as the Seenbad credibility thing or whatever, this is beyond that for me. It's not a debate, I'm not trying to damage you. I don't care about your "credibility" or whatever you called it. If you can't respect people regardless of their background you can get fucked. And I mean that.

I'm honestly disgusted. I hope you guys can see my point and lay off the derogatory terms. That's truly all I'm gonna say.

I'll let the last word artist continue the debate without me. I'm outta here.

bk

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Ok, thank you for being the last word artists muse I'm not twisting your words. I don't care what you say about that. It's a ploy to make it look like you are being slighted somehow and its bullshit.

And then this : "If you can't respect people regardless of their background you can get fucked. And I mean that. "

Thats the kind of thing I'm talking about. Never once did I ever say one thing about anybody's background. I don't give a fuck about background. I could care less. Especially about yours. Yet you have this little drama going on in your head like I did so you think you can justify telling me to "get fucked" just in case I ever do say that I guess? Sorry, but get fucked is quite a bit more offensive than a hypothetical and make believe frog comment. "And I mean that"

"I'm honestly disgusted. I hope you guys can see my point and lay off the derogatory terms. That's truly all I'm gonna say. "

You guys? As if the vhforums staff uses those terms?? Dude, youre a fucking NUTJOB!! The term may have come up a couple times in that thread but I don't remember anybody being called that. If somebody called you that and it offended you then you should have pointed it out and told them it offended you in a civil manner but you flew off the handle like a monkey who just lost his favorite banana . Thats what won't be "tolerated" in a discussion, at any point, by anybody, regardless of topic. Nor will racial slurs, if they happen. However, I can't stop the imaginary ones that are in your persecuted mind.

[ February 12, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: seenbad ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I'm honestly disgusted. I hope you guys can see my point and lay off the derogatory terms. That's truly all I'm gonna say.
    You better qualify WHO you are talking about BK. I didn't and never would use any derogatory term to refer to a person's heritage. That would be pretty ridiculous of me considering I am a member of the most persecuted religion in history. How dare you, I am HONESTLY disgusted at the accusation.

You better qualify who YOU GUYS is immediately, and then show me where a person in particular was slighted with a slur. Shit when I dared to suggest that using "a Jew" in many connotations was actually racist, I got slammed saying that I was using it, in essence, saying "so fuck you Brett." Big deal I moved on. In fact BK, I remember you reaming me too, saying I used the term, so it's ok. Whatever man.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ok, I'll log back in and bite.

I am and I was simply disgusted with the people who are making the culturally derogatory remarks and the moderators who are letting them be used in some instances but not in others. Racism/bigotry in general pisses me off, and tolerating it is stupid. Why is this point so hard to understand without twisting everything?

I say this both with good intentions, hoping you'll see my point that french people shouldn't be called "frogs" any more than jews should be called "kikes", and a mixture of frustration and anger because some people don't seem to be treating this with the respect it deserves.

I didn't intend to say the moderators SAID these things but hey Seenbad, keep twisting shit. If anyone uses the word "n*gger" here or "k*ke" here it isn't tolerated, regardless of who it's directed at! Gimme a break.

And yes, I find the way this went down disturbing. Seenbad still thinks this is a flamewar. He's still goin' for the last word. Trying to be the man, infering things that I didn't say at all, calling me a nutjob yada yada yada..it's an old routine for you seenbad, I hope you grow out of it.

And yet all this happened because I got upset over a fucking cultural slur. Maybe if it was your background you'd understand more, Seenbad?

Brett, about the "jew" thing, I was simply confused because I've never heard anyone, including dozens of my jewish musician friends at Canada's most jewish attended university, get insulted when I refered to them as a jew in passing. You totally threw me for a loop. That's honestly a new one to me and I've spent thousands of hours with people from your background throughout my life.

And yes, the idea that this kind of language is being overlooked is disgusting. That's the way I feel.

Thanks and see-ya later maybe,

bk

[ February 12, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: badkaraoke ]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.29.08 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would it be OK to start a thread discussing filthy frogs? lol
    believe the lies...there is no truth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I didn't say I was insulted by it, but of course in certain instances, absolutely it's a slur. Like calling a black person "boy" I suppose. It just matters the context and tone you're using it in.

Look I was just pointing something out anyway, religion is about 50th in importance to me on a list of important things in my life.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

BK, you're a piece of work. You're a fucking piece of shit frog, as well. I'm not calling you a frog because it's a slur agaist the French--I'm calling you a frog because it pisses you off.

You come to this board with no intention of actually discussing things. You only want to piss people off and watch them jump, just like a frog. This time you're the fucking frog, bitch. You contribute nothing, and only want to insult people for what they believe and how they identify themselves. There's some beautiful irony in you getting all pissy about being called a frog.

There is no other user that comes in here as often as you with the sole intention of being a disruption. You'll get no quarter because you've earned no quarter. You've earned scorn, dislike, and a banning. Brett doesn't agree with that last part yet, but I have no doubt that he will if you persist in your petty little games. If it bothers you to be called a frog, I'm all in favor of calling you a frog each and every time I respond to you. You've earned it.

[ February 12, 2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: MikeL ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

MikeL,

You are just about the stupidest can't-see-the-forest-through-the-trees guys I have ever seen online. It's sad that you would use a cultural slur like this, asshole. And I mean that very sincerely. That has to be one of the least mature things I have ever read online. Way to insult a whole nation of people because you don't like what I have to say about David Lee Roth sometimes. Woah. That makes no sense.

Just because I play the same lead singer game that hundreds of others play, including yourself, doesn't mean that french people deserve to be talked about like that.

Most people would say Idi Amin was a bad guy, he was black, but calling people nigg*rs is still wrong. If you can't see that this situation is DIFFERENT and deserves respect no matter who happens to be french, you shouldn't be moderating.

It was a pleasure saying that. I don't know what your personal problem is, or why, but who cares at this point?

bk