Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i got a serious question for everyone. what the heck is happening to music these days. if i listen to new stuff it either has to do with raping, pillageing, killing or some type of pure evil on innocnet people. what is going on? where is the love my borthers and sisters? Therock and rolli remember was all aobut partying and a good time. it brought people together. We need songs like hot for teacher, jump, running with the devil, the price, tuesdays are forever, the widowmaker, right now, youth gone wild, god gave rock and roll to you, enter sandman and stuff that just is good to drink and party hard to. i never remember eddie or dave or any of van halen supporting the murder of innocent people but yet music today does. where is the power of van halen when we need it? testify...I think we need vh to reform and once agan be the number one band in the free world. they should keep two singers in sam and dave so all types of music can be performed. i know eddie is sick but for a guitar god like him it don't take much to come out with the next great rock and roll songthat will live forever

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's like were in the Sahara and have been out of water for like a week.......Is there still hope for us?!?!?!

I'm going to see STP this Friday.....I'm hoping they re-energize my patience as I wait for new Van Halen.....
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The expression of music, in the style(s) that we're more accustmed to anyway, is a reflection of the emotional current in the culture of the period. Where once there was an emphasis on love/equality, good times & partying, that's how folks were, again, in the style(s) we're accustomed to hearing; this stuff the last decade or so has been impossible to take. Sure, there's some stuff I can listen to, but it's also been awefully hard to keep up, too, with all the bands that are marketed, yet share a similar sound.

Thank god for Ozzy....

Deep Purple, the Scorp's to play here too, in June; Dio opening..............

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the hulkamaniac would like to thank all his brothers and sisters who posted on this topic. i tihnk the reason the music changed is that we as the consumer let it change. when mtv sold us out to gangsta music we did nothing. Whwn dee snider tried keeping rock alive with is widowmaker, we made him so poor he had to work for very low wages. when groups like poison comes around they go to areans that hold maybe 15 to 20 thousand total, not 65 to 80 thousand like they should. have many of you out there started listening to grunge and let dust collect on some of your music that you swore to love forever. i admit that even yours truly was guilty of that but not for long. by the early 1990's i was on the radio playing some new stuff but i always threw an old 45 or lp on the turntable so people would never forget. now is the time with the sam and dave tour for a new rock and roll alimo! lets go out, turn on those transistor radios, and just have a good old fashioned time. we need to get back to the days of a six pack and the radio! i wanna rock and roll again, don't you. let us support dave and sam and all the guys of van halen. maybe they can be our saviors...testify my brothers. now can you dig that?

Sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink- bon jovi

Doomed by the living dead/flames are rising/your dying – merciful fate

"it's 6:00 a.m. and i'm alone" sheryl crow

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Gonna bump this over to the music place. Good discussion, keep'r up.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any DLR's or EVH's on the musical horizon. And the guitar solo is rapidly going the way of the dinosaur. Hardly anyone ever plays them anymore. At least Dave (and Sammy) are still out there.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

its 2002 live in the now...... theres just as much good music now as in the past. most of the bands you hate pay homage to the bands of the 70 s and 80s but,they progress they dont imitate.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

It's not all bad - there are some guys out there that can really tear it up!

At least rap-metal appears to be dying off now, and more melodic hard rock is coming back. There are more and more competent players now than there were back in 1999.

Things seem to be getting better - I'm actually willing to support some new artists now.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

all I can say is Music is not ran by music lovers anymore

Seems like any idiot can be a star these days
    "Jebe Ga"

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Rick S:
    its 2002 live in the now...... theres just as much good music now as in the past. most of the bands you hate pay homage to the bands of the 70 s and 80s but,they progress they dont imitate.
    Holy shit, Rick! You're in fuckin' La-La Land! You mean because those stupid assholes from Deftones have VH tattoos, they're paying homage to Van Halen?! Gimme a fuckin' break! They're only spreading the VH logos all over the place because otherwise you'd have no fuckin' clue those loud mouthed, shout-'cause-I-can't-sing, asswipes were "influenced" by Van Halen.

And it's interesting that rap and rap metal are considered "progressive." I mean, if the music world made an ounce of sense, rap would be the granddaddy of funk, not the other way around. The music world may be "progressing" as in "moving forward," but that forward direction also happens to be downhill.

And new bands don't imitate? Ever hear of Creed, Lifehouse, and countless other Pearl Jam clones? Not to mention all the RATM clones, including Limp Dickless (which you claimed to like at one time but then--something happened!) I thought the something that happened might have been to you--guess I was wrong. But I will give you one thing: the new bands sure as hell don't imitate good bands.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to say, there should be more kids like me. can't other people stop for just a few minutes and listen to "Our" music. they wouldnt no how good it is though because they are too sucked into the "Pop/Rap Music World" and listening to music that has no great meaning in the lyrics!? . We are having a good time listening to the music that means something.

i remember when i was in that kind of world and i swear i heard one of the members of N Suck said they listen to classic rock..
    good thing i exited that pop world. it was a big waste of cd money.
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by JWS_5150:

At least rap-metal appears to be dying off now
    The sooner the better.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

whoo! can you dig it? it seems that i am not the only one who remembers what rock and roll can be and should be? thank you all for your post. this rap and rap metal mix got to go the way of the dinosaur quickly while we are still young enough to rock! i owuld like to give a special thanks to mean street who brought up a good point aobut going pop for a little while. all of us do it at some time. whether it is to in sync, britney, new kids, or whoever, we all do it once in a while. the trick is to get out and regroup quickly. Who knows when van halen will refrom and bring rock and roll back to every radio station and transistor radio in the world. until then we gotta go to the shows, we got listen to the lps, we got to scream that we want to rock, and i know that all of the borthers and sisters who read this can. as far as the new breed of musicans who swear they are inspired by vh or ozzy then prove it. don't sing it bring it! once again the hulkamaniac brother would like to thank all the marvelous and gratious ladies and gentlemen who agree with me and those who don't but at least took the time to post on this important topic.

"ladies and germs" - milton berle

"maybe everything that dies, someday comes back" - bruce springsteen referringto how many times atlantic city has been on the brink of extinction and bounced back

"let me confirm it" - the classic and alway rocking big guy from parts unkown

"like a drifter i was born to walk alone" - whitesnake

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by THE HULKAMANIAC BROTHER:

"maybe everything that dies, someday comes back" - bruce springsteen referringto how many times atlantic city has been on the brink of extinction and bounced back
    I'm not sure that's Bruce's point in the song...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

On the topic, music quality has been in decline for YEARS!!

The biggest reason people think music is sucking worse than ever though, IMHO, has to do with getting older...It rocked us when we were kids and is stamped on us forever...Nothing else will ever compare because our youth can have only one soundtrack and that soundtrack lets us recall every moment of the fun of growing up...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...