Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

We all probably love the same things about the show...I have some concert peeves though and I'm sure some of you have funny concert stories of lame ass behavior...

#1 Irritant...LIGHTERS DURING THE FAVORITE BALLAD!! I hate this practice because you end up seeing those damn things 10 times per show and some stoned idiot gets thisclose to lighting you on fire...Furthermore, the lighter is the way the crowd calls is supposed to call for the encore...not supposed to be used during Bon Jovi's "I'll Be There For You."

#2 Irritant...Excessive drug/alcohol use...True story...I saw Pink Floyd in 1987 at Oakland Coliseum...There was an intermission(probably so Gilmour could go backstage and slap his Roger Waters voodoo doll). During said intermission, so many drunks packed the restroom, people were actually pissing in sinks AND the little drain on the FLOOR!!WTF??!!??

Anyone with me on some of this crap? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Deranged fans who feel the need to scream EVERY WORD of EVERY SONG at the top of their voice ALL NIGHT LONG, drowning out the PA.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I personally hate crowd surfing and mosh pits. It ruins the concert for me when I go to *gasp* WATCH AND HEAR THE BAND and instead have to spend the entire night watching out for people coming overhead or attacking me from the side.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1. Smoking cigarettes/pot right in your face. I can't stand these assholes who have total disregard for everyone else around them, like we really want to breathe in their shit.

2. People who try to squeeze in where you're sitting. This happened to me at an AC/DC concert, and I was fighting to see over assholes who didn't have seats in our row yet were standing there anyway.

3. Mosh pits. The concerts I go to don't have mosh pits, but the whole idea of it is stupid in my opinion.

4. Drunks who try to talk to you, and you have to smell their breath.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:
    I'm not too keen on somebody trying to cop a feel on my wife....it happens. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I dont like seeing girls crowd surf and get groped.

I'm not a big fan of the mosh pit.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...which is exactly why I don't take my wife to rock shows!! She's not a huge rock fan anyways, but that does suck!

How about guys that fight? Last summer at Candlestick, my buddy and I are trying to watch Metallica(I know, I know [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] ) and some guy with a face covered in blood runs right into me...we're face to face and he says,"I just got my ass kicked..."
    I stick my fist in his chest and tell him it'll happen again if he doesn't move along...What is up with the fighting at gigs??LAME!!

[ June 20, 2001 at 10:46 AM: Message edited by: SactoFan ]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Metallica concerts always have a couple, its true. I still love their shows though. James is a good frontman, love to see them live, just dont buy their records anymore.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Have to totally agree on the drinking/drug over-use. When I saw The Rolling Stones on the Voodoo Lounge tour I was right on the aisle, and there was a guy wandering around who was just GONE. Twice he actually fell down the stairs. It was pathetic, and I didn't feel one bit of sympathy for him or have any desire to do anything but laugh at him.

I don't understand why anyone would pay 60 bucks to go to a concert, and then get so wrecked they can't remember any of it.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lou:
    1. Smoking cigarettes/pot right in your face. I can't stand these assholes who have total disregard for everyone else around them, like we really want to breathe in their shit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I hate too.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

When I saw Metallica last year, I was in the third row of the balcony. Up in the front row of the balcony was this little guy and his buddy. They'd had way too much to drink, and were really shoving each other around. I was joking with my friend that before the show was over the little fella would be going for a leap.

Sure enough, the dumby went over. Somebody caught his arm as he went, and some people around him managed to pull his stupid ass back over the railing. The 30 foot drop would have beat him up pretty good.

At that same show there were some chicks down on the main floor groping each other and making out. That had everyone's attention, until security pulled them out.

I'm not so hot on moshpits either, but at least you have a choice as to be in one or not.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    At that same show there were some chicks down on the main floor groping each other and making out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sure it's an audience recording, but this is the best Metallica bootleg video I've ever seen. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

I'm not too keen on somebody trying to cop a feel on my wife....it happens. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I dont like seeing girls crowd surf and get groped.

I'm not a big fan of the mosh pit.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

People who sit through the whole damn show, and act as though you should be sitting too. It's rock and roll, and you're supposed to move to it!

People that can't figure out where their seats are. The things are numbered; how hard can it be?

All the chumps that leave before the encore. Do they not know that some good songs are coming up? Or that the house lights come on when the show is over?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I saw a show some years back where 3 guys brought a girl...I'm chillin' on the grass waiting for the gig and two of the guys get up to go for beer or whatever...One dude bends over to get his wallet and his buddy reaches down and yanks his third leg??!!??!!WTF???
    Well, gig starts and opening band is on...Girl with guys is getting passed arond between them...I WAS RIGHT THERE! Well, eventually, one of her "friends" drops her pants right there in the pit and has sex with her!! She was so wasted her eyes were rolled back in her head...
    I had words with those assholes after the show! BTW, the opening band...Alice in Chains...headliners...Van Halen!
    I spent the whole show wondering what those dicks were doing at a VH gig...This was the same gig where they filmed the "Top of the World" video in Sacramento...

Ladies, I will NEVER understand why some women flash the crowd and dress like tramps...It is so damn DANGEROUS!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

this is a good topic.

i agree moshpits are lame, they serve no purpose whatsoever.

i've seen some reckless behavior at metallica shows as well...childish.

last week i took my mom to see rod stewart as a mother's day present. i was trying to talk to my girlfriend as the 3 of us watched the show and these three women behind us (hideous creatures at that) kept yelling, "take it off rod. oh my god! take it allll of baby!!" that annoyed the absolue shit outta me.

on the III tour, i went with 4 of my friends to see vh in boston at a sold out show. my friend heather (who i hardly talk to anymore) decided to sit for most of the show, citing the reason that she didn't know many of the songs. she stood and danced only to the songs she knew. i have never seen anyone sit at a vh concert [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Sacto, thats almost frightening its so sad what people are capable of. I've seen sex during showss before, but damn, not publicly taking advatage of a drunk chick. I woulda beat em' down.

WTF with that third leg thing? Damn.