Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

September 10th brings along a new Megadeth release, featuring never released live tracks and a selection of previously released studio tracks.

The new tracks were recorded at the Web Theater in Phoenix, Arizona November 17, 2001. This was the last concert for Megadeth prior to my departure , the recording was done for the Live CD and DVD ‘Rude Awakening.’ There were additional tracks that were not on that record,we've included them on this new release. My return to the studio with Bill Kennedy to finish up the mixing and mastering for the six live songs was really invigorating, these tracks sound amazing. It was awesome to hear how good the band really was.

As for me, my arm is continuing to heal according to the Doctors projections and I have even been picking up the guitar every now and then. I am getting excited to start playing and writing again. Trust me, you’ll be hearing from me soon.

I would like to say thanks to everyone for supporting the band, for your understanding of my position and the decision I had to make, for all of your encouragement while I was healing, and rest assured that you haven’t heard the last of Megadeth or Dave Mustaine.

Live Tracks...
    Time/Use the Man (6:27)
    Conjuring (5:26)
    In My Darkest Hour (5:29)
    Sweating Bullets (4:43)
    Symphony of Destruction (5:24)
    Holy Wars (8:51) From "The World Needs a Hero"...
    Moto Psycho (3:05)
    Dread and the Fugitive Mind (4:24)
    Promises (4:26)
    The World Needs a Hero (3:52)
    Burning Bridges (5:20)
    Return to Hangar (4:00)

No one is more stoked about this than me. Hell, I'll take this any day while VH seems to rot and the traveling circus goes on.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member
    Was this off there website? I'll go over and check that out. But "You haven't heard the last of Megadeth". That is the best news I've heard since I guess since the waitress at Hooters told me they a promotional sale on Miller Lite for a month. Hope to God this plays out. The music world needs Megadeth to give it a kick in the balls. Keep us posted Alex.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Elwood P.:
    Was this off there website? I'll go over and check that out. But "You haven't heard the last of Megadeth". That is the best news I've heard since I guess since the waitress at Hooters told me they a promotional sale on Miller Lite for a month. Hope to God this plays out. The music world needs Megadeth to give it a kick in the balls. Keep us posted Alex.
    This, I believe, was taken from a site that linked back to their homepage. Should be good to see if things start up again next year or so. I wouldn't want to miss that show!! I seem to always be in school or working when they come near. They always seem to play places like the 9:30 club in D.C. Sucks, cause I have no idea where the club is and probably wouldn't be able to find a place to park or whatever. D.C. is just a whole other world.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey dude...Miller Lite and Megadeth...its a powerful combination...LOL!!

I like Miller Lite as well. A nice easy to drink beer that tastes good. Another good beer is Molson Ice, but that is a "I wanna get fucked up quick" kind of beer.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any predictions on how long we wait for Mustaine to get back in action?

Mine: It will be way sooner than Eddie or Al getting back into action. I also predict that in another year, maybe year and a half, we will see a new album and tour.....providing that Mustaine heals his arm and things are going well. Mustaine, I predict will keep releasing rare things here or there while the fans wait to keep them interested. That's one thing VH seems to have never even considered.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member
    Well that statement by Mustaine is on their website and the CD "Alive and Well?" comes out the 10th. Even though there's no new tunes it'll be worth picking up. They should have had "Motopyscho" on their live CD.

As far as something new, who knows? For now the fact that Dave has said we haven't seen the last of him or Megadeth is enough for me to live on. Maybe they'll go in the studio and work on something new. As far as touring goes, Dave plays a very physical show so he'll have to be fully recovered before he goes out. The main thing is we now can see light at the end of the tunnel. By contrast the Van Halen situation is pretty much a black hole.

This whole "retirement" deal has been a weird situation. They had just come off a world tour so they needed some time off anyway but the whole injury to his arm has never been explained as far as what caused it. The dude over at the Melodicrock site seemed to hint that Dave had found God or something which evidently false too. Who knows.

One thing I have wanted them to do for some time was remaster the "Peace Sells . . ." CD. The difference in the original "Killing is my Business . . ." and the remaster was remarkable. I'd settle for that while Dave's arm fully heals.

Oh the Beer. Yeah I'm a Miller Lite guy. This has come after years of testing. Miller Lite has more body and taste than most of the other premium beers. And one thing I can't stand is bitter beer. That's ungodly. But I will drink alot of other beers. Molsen Gold is a very good beer but it does have just a hint of bitterness. Guess I should start a beer thread.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well that statement by Mustaine is on their website and the CD "Alive and Well?" comes out the 10th. Even though there's no new tunes it'll be worth picking up. They should have had "Motopyscho" on their live CD.

As far as something new, who knows? For now the fact that Dave has said we haven't seen the last of him or Megadeth is enough for me to live on. Maybe they'll go in the studio and work on something new. As far as touring goes, Dave plays a very physical show so he'll have to be fully recovered before he goes out. The main thing is we now can see light at the end of the tunnel. By contrast the Van Halen situation is pretty much a black hole.

This whole "retirement" deal has been a weird situation. They had just come off a world tour so they needed some time off anyway but the whole injury to his arm has never been explained as far as what caused it. The dude over at the Melodicrock site seemed to hint that Dave had found God or something which evidently false too. Who knows.

One thing I have wanted them to do for some time was remaster the "Peace Sells . . ." CD. The difference in the original "Killing is my Business . . ." and the remaster was remarkable. I'd settle for that while Dave's arm fully heals.

Oh the Beer. Yeah I'm a Miller Lite guy. This has come after years of testing. Miller Lite has more body and taste than most of the other premium beers. And one thing I can't stand is bitter beer. That's ungodly. But I will drink alot of other beers. Molsen Gold is a very good beer but it does have just a hint of bitterness. Guess I should start a beer thread.
    Do it!!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NAH I'll do it...Help me out though!!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bumping....for those inquiring minds that want to know.