Register
    Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Worked the Tool concert at the Great Western Forum last night.

All I can say is, "Wow".

"Wow" as in [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Was Maynard still hidden behind a screen the entire show?

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No. He was covered head to toe in some kind of psychedelic body paint, was wearing something resembling a diaper, and stayed to the right of the drummer all night. He didn't move from his spot on the stage at all. He even played guitar on a few songs, but I couldn't begin to tell you which songs they were since I'm not at all familiar with their music.

It was a pretty intense show, though. Intense without getting balls-out-lunatic-crazy. The opening band was some shitty-ass, no talent band called "Tomahawk". I'm pretty sure the "lead singer, and I use that term *very* loosely, could've screamed into the mic all night, and people would've cheered him on. I couldn't understand a single word he was screaming.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    No. He was covered head to toe in some kind of psychedelic body paint, was wearing something resembling a diaper, and stayed to the right of the drummer all night. He didn't move from his spot on the stage at all. He even played guitar on a few songs, but I couldn't begin to tell you which songs they were since I'm not at all familiar with their music.

It was a pretty intense show, though. Intense without getting balls-out-lunatic-crazy. The opening band was some shitty-ass, no talent band called "Tomahawk". I'm pretty sure the "lead singer, and I use that term *very* loosely, could've screamed into the mic all night, and people would've cheered him on. I couldn't understand a single word he was screaming.
    You know the "singer" for Tomahawk is Mike Patton from Faith No More, don't you? Plus, that doesn't surprise me about Maynard. Sometimes he'll have his back turned to the audience the entire show. He's a freak, but a gifted freak!

[ July 17, 2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Tool is going to be in shreveport on the 29th. I can't wait. Especially now since they cancelled the Dave and Sammy show.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by FH:
    QUOTE]You know the "singer" for Tomahawk is Mike Patton from Faith No More, don't you? Plus, that doesn't surprise me about Maynard. Sometimes he'll have his back turned to the audience the entire show. He's a freak, but a gifted freak!
    Nope, didn't know that. I had never heard of Tomahawk until that night.

And I forgot to mention that Maynard did play with his back to the audience for most of the night.

Last Online

04.24.05 @ 02:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you said you worked the show what you mean ? my sound company does the sound for that band also...
    Cheers <br />Webmaster of <br /><a href="http://www.vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">www.vhstrungout.com</a><br /><a href="http://www.edward-van-halen.com" target="_blank">www.edward-van-halen.com</a><br /><a href="http://vanhalenradio.com" target="_blank">www.Van Halen Radio.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm in the military, but due to a somewhat "lenient" work schedule where I'm stationed, I took up a part-time job for extra ca$h/income.

I work with Staff Pro. They provide security for numerous concerts and events throughout Southern California.

Last Online

04.24.05 @ 02:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I see.... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] well if you ever see anything with Clair or ShowCo thats the company I work for.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Cheers <br />Webmaster of <br /><a href="http://www.vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">www.vhstrungout.com</a><br /><a href="http://www.edward-van-halen.com" target="_blank">www.edward-van-halen.com</a><br /><a href="http://vanhalenradio.com" target="_blank">www.Van Halen Radio.com</a>

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Usually the reason Maynard turns his back to the audience is because he spots somebody with an illegal camera. Why punish the entire audience?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Originally posted by FH:
    Usually the reason Maynard turns his back to the audience is because he spots somebody with an illegal camera. Why punish the entire audience?
    Maybe because Maynard is an ugly mofo. I also heard that Tool think's their music should be heard, so they don't want their image to get in the way. It's weird.. they're all freaks, but they do write good songs.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My friends saw the Oakland show and thought Tomahawk blew 'em away.
    Some of the bands that influenced Tool the most are Melvins, Mr. Bungle (also led by patton) and Tomahawk.
    I think that's why these Patton bands have opened for 'em on their last coule of tours.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some dude from The Melvins came out and played during the drum solo.

Don't remember his name, though.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a ticket for the Normal, Il show on the 27th of August. I seen Tool last year at the All-State Arena in Chicago and was amazed at how well they sounded live.
    MJK's range and power is no joke! He's supposedly working with Trent Reznor on a project titled Tapeworm.

Tomahawk is comprised of...
    Duane Denison - Guitar (Jesus Lizard)
    Kevin Rutmanis - Bass (Melvins)
    John Stanier - Drums (Helmet)
    Mike Patton - Vocals (Mr Bungle, Faith No More, Fantomas, Lovage)
    I think they're outstanding although I'm also a diehard Patton fan.

[ July 19, 2002, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Jason ]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently downloaded a Mr. Bungle show (8.17.00 Germany) from furthurnet.com I think it's soundboard. Do you guys do the ftp .shn files?
    I recently traded for a 'Big-Band show' (Melvins and Bungle together, I think) when they played Slim's on New Year's 2000 in SF. That one is audience recorded. Can't say I listen to it much, but if anyone wants it, I can make back ups.

.shn = lossless compression

One more thing: furthurnet.com only has bands that ALLOW taping at their concerts. If the band doesn't want their music to be file shared, I'll wait for them to tell me, not the riaa.

[ July 20, 2002, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: LedHead ]