VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

So what did everyone think about this?

Like them or not, believe in them or call them a sell-out, you HAVE to respect the fact that they've remained together (primarily together) for 30 years!

I'll say this...Steven Tyler sure does make pretty babies! :livtyler: [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] BTW, is she preggy? And can Jennifer Aniston EVER remember to pack a bra?

The guys sounded good, IMO, for the last number of the night. A big medley of A'smith tunes, starting with "Movin' Out", then slipping into "Toys" ( [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] ) then "Cryin'", a new song (I believe) and wrapping up with "Train..."

As for the tributes themselves, all I saw was Shakira doing "Dude" and Pink singing "Janie". How did everyone else do? I missed the first hour. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] By the way, it looked like Pink has packed on a few extra pounds, too. I know, I sound like freakin' Mr. Blackstone.

It's quite a thing to see this kind of tribute for a band that's stuck together for so long. One of my complaints though is that there were too many "beautiful people" in the audience. Not enough REAL Aerosmith fans...just a bunch of "MTV I wanna be on TV" faces. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] To me, THAT was a bit fake and put on just for the sake of the channel overdelivering to more of the main demo.

I will say that I thought it was a GREAT move to go from Aerosmith into a repeat showing of the Osbournes. The programming dept. weren't too stupid when they mapped out tonight's lineup.

Thoughts on all of it?
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Oh yeah...one other thing.

One of the narrative pieces had Tyler commenting on how they've survived all the styles and kinds of music that was supposedly going to kill off Aerosmith. They showed a bunch of clips from artists from various musical eras...

including a quick shot of classic VH from the "Panama" video.

Too bad Ed & co. have pissed away ANY chance of being honored like this by anyone. And this doesn't have to do with the cancer and his health either. It's all about how VH has maintained (or lack thereof) it's relationship with it's fans and the public the past few years.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Did you happen to catch the ATBL remix/ rap sample thing that was in the background during one of the interviews with Steven? It was early on right after one of the other bands performed.

It's funny how we Van Halen idiots catch such things. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    And can Jennifer Aniston EVER remember to pack a bra?
    If that's your biggest complaint in life, you're on the right track!

I personally only own 3 Aerosmith albums, so I'm not a huge fan, but I think they get way too much shit thrown their way. The Super Bowl thing was pathetic, but the whole ballads issue doesn't really bother me. I can successfully manage the fine line between having a penis and enjoying a ballad.

I've said it before, Aerosmith have done what they've HAD to do to remain a rock and roll band of their stature. If you think Sony is going to sign VH to a contract and allow VH to write and record whatever they want, you're crazy. They wouldn't sign a band like that unless they know they can sell 4 or 5 million records. That means the record company will have their hands involved in making sure there is radio friendly material that they can sell. That's exactly what John Kalodner brought to the table with Aerosmith, virtually forcing outside writers on them, and Aerosmith have been upfront about that.

What were we talking about again??

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mmm...Pink...and Shakira too...nice backyard on that one...

i forgot it was on. but, it's MTV, they'll play the livin' shit out of it for the next six months...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

that show made me sick.

it was a "who's who of TRL"

I guess all the bands that really WERE influenced by them are now too ashamed to come on TV and admit it.

and the VH clip wasn't panama--it was a clip of Unchained [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

I mean it REALLY made me sick!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I'm not much of an Aerosmith fan either. I only have two greatest hits albums by them, and I rarely play them. Janie's Got A Gun is cool though.

I would have watched it though, if I remembered just to see SHAKIRA!!! She's great! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

The two songs that I saw where done by Shakira and Kid Rock and I thought they really sucked. Hearing a chick sing 'Dude' just didn't sound right to me. As for Kid Rock, his rendition of 'Last Child' was way out there. It was way to spruced up which is the total opposite of the original.

On a positive note, Shakira did look great though.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Train doing Dream On was outstanding! Even Steven Tyler said it was the best he'd heard it done. As for Kid Rock, say whatever you want, but that guy has talent! I LOVE what he did with Last Child! OK, I wouldn't buy it, but as a tribute kind of thing it as a lot of fun & well played. Shakira; Nice ass, shut up & shake it, you suck. Best part of Dude was Tyler doing the end "Dude dude dude looks like a laydaaaaay" with her. Pink... Ummm, sweetness.. 2 words; SALAD BAR! Speaking of Jennifer Anniston, I wonder who gets to ice up her nipples before she walks into a room? I WANT THAT JOB PLEASE! The re-make of the Walk This Way video was fun, Sum 41 show their influences every chance they get.. again, I wouldn't buy it, but it was fun as a tribute kinda thing. Metallica; Good to see James again, & WHOA.. Stop the presses.. Kirk actually spoke more then 2 complete sentences! Lars...nice sentiment, but shut the fuck up please!
    The end of the show was indeed the highlight though. Aerosmith, say what you will about "selling out", these guys flat out ARE American Rock!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Hot For Teacher
    From everywhere there\'s a beach, sand and a whole lotta woman in the sun.
    Favorite VH Album

All of them.... VH is GOOD!!
    Favorite VH Song

Eddie on guitar...\'nuff said.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just saw parts of it. Missed Shakira...damn!
    Anyway IMO I think Aerosmith deserve the recognition, first for being Together after all these years and second sellouts or not they still rock. Testament to that their final medley at the end proves that these boys still sound great live.
    Do you think we migth still have to wait anyway?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

I got no problem with their music.

I just can't stand the fact that Mtv puts them up there with all those current pop tarts

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Agreed, hain!

I gurantee if you pulled 20% of that audience out onto the street and asked them to name 2 members of A'smith, they'd look at you like [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

"Who's Aerosmith?"

[img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Cabo Kid:

I'll say this...Steven Tyler sure does make pretty babies! :livtyler: [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] BTW, is she preggy? And can Jennifer Aniston EVER remember to pack a bra?

Liv Tyler has been packing on the poundage again. (You should've seen some pics of her in a bikini in last week's US magazine!)

What's wrong with Jennifer Aniston braless? (Actually, the wardrobe department on FRIENDS always have a problem with this department, too!)
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

their problem, is my pleasure...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10