Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: old friend

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

an old friend of mine stopped by about four this morning,havent seen him in 2 or 3 years,he lives an interesting life,done a lot of travelin in a way that is kind of retro.he took a bad hit of acid when we were all around 17,before that he was smart,above average smart anyway he hasnt been the same since.looks and acts like a hippy,he has written numerous songs,ive heard him sing a few of them,he says some of them have been released and are played on college radio.he has been to newyork,arkansas,chicago,kentucky,and numerous other places,sure alot of people have, but he does it by hitching,hoppin trains,and any other way that is out of the "norm"college kids hang around this dude for some reason, i asked him about that and he said he didnt know why either but it goes on and on,a new crowd every feew years.he says some shit thats really far out man,he was trying to tell me that he had hooked his computer up to a satelite,like a tv sat.and he sent out sound o the web,his guitar playing, etc. i dont know were he comes up with this shit, he also said he has move his mouse arrow slap off the screen(in the air above the computer)trippin!!!well as he talks crazy if you try to talk to him about things seriously for long enough he starts talking very,very sensably,and seems to have a different perspective than anyone else,seems like there is a high iq behind the madness.the reason i put this in the music section is that even though no one knows him or the songs he writes doesnt mean hes not a musician,alot of great musicians were oncee unknown, and i have to say i used to think his material was to far out, but seems ive heard the same far outness(no other way to say it)by some of the darker rockn'rollers over the last few years.to picture this dude... he looks like rob zombie,he could very well pass for his younger brother,same hair long goattee and all.i tried to get his perspective on this van halen thing,told him about the no news,no denial or confirmation by either side,and whatever else i know,his answer,very quick answer,was they probably doing like this so it will have a greater impact when it does come out.he also said that when dave left van halen ended,and he doesnt even care about any of this or van halen,his style of music is a little different.his meaning for that was...the original is just that,THE ORIGINAL, anything else is not the same thing,just an incarnation from what once was.

i dont know why i posted this exactly, just ,heell as far as i knew this dude was dead,gone all the sudden,and then just pops up after bein god knows where for years,kinda wierd,used to be just like brothers,wonder what it would be like just to be a drifter,no worries,no cares,no nothing, just do what you want,when you want,pick up and leave,do whatever comes to mind with no reprocussions.

[This message has been edited by nightprowler_01 (edited September 17, 2000 at 11:06 PM).]

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cool your friend has freedom to go anywhere ( never hopped a train but hung out in a tunnel when they go by 3 feet away-talk aobut a rush!!) but w/o knowing drug people's stories are hard to trust.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yes,you are right,but you would haft to know this dude,he really doesnt do many drugs,just got a bad trip he aint never come off of.that goes to show it dont take but one time and some of that stuff can fuck you up for life.the only reason i know for sure hes been those places is he gets a monthly check from the government cause of his problem,he calls and lets his mother know where he is and she sends his check to wherever he tells her,the trainhopping thing is kind of cool...him,his brother,and i used to do that when we were younger,you just catch one thats moving slow for whatever reason and ride,ofcourse then you have to wait till it slows down again to jump,we never went further than a few towns,then just catch one coming back this way.
    he used to take off like this,but was always back around in 5 or 6 months,never a few years beefore this.

[This message has been edited by nightprowler_01 (edited September 17, 2000 at 11:47 PM).]

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

one day i will train hop.