Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More on KI$$

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

KISS 2003: There Are Five Sides To Every Story - Dec. 23, 2002

KISS fans got a special treat over the weekend when several current and former members of the group appeared live on the "Merry KISSmass Special" hosted by WNEW radio personality Eddie Trunk.

Paul Stanley, Peter Criss, Ace Frehley, Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer were all interviewed during the Dec. 21 show, which included several revelations about the group's present status and upcoming activities.

The following are the highlights of each interview as compiled by Trunk via his official web site (www.eddietrunk.com):

"Paul: Paul simply stated that KISS is now unretired. He's not sure what the future will bring, and rules nothing out. He said as much as everybody would like the original lineup, he's going to move forward with people that want to play and have fun. He also mentioned the old style costume he wears in the new guitar ad, is a direction the band will take for their next tour, etc. He said the band has made every attempt to get Ace back in and make a deal. As to why replacement members don't get their own makeup design, he claims that the mass audience that comes to KISS shows just wants the KISS experience, and in some cases don't even know every band member's name. It's about putting on what people expect a KISS show to be. Paul stated the only confirmed dates at this point are Australia and Japan."

"Peter: Peter was in our studio for about an hour. He took many calls, we joked around, and he said it was one of his best ever birthdays. Peter was just thrilled to be healthy and working with the band. He to wishes Ace were in, but will play with who is there. He holds no ill will toward Eric Singer, but claims 'there's only one Catman.' He appeared not to be a fan of 'Psycho Circus', which was the source of many questions, and kind of dodged inquiries as to weather he plays drums on it, he simply said he does appear on the record. Knowing Ace was listening, he wished him well over the air. Peter was very humble, and in great spirits. For being 57 he looked to be very healthy and said his physical ailments are over. He also was unaware of some of the KISS items that have been released, but chalked it up to Gene & Paul running the show. We really had fun, and Peter was a blast and so cool to everybody. Just very grateful about everything."

"Ace: Ace was suffering from bronchitis all week, and was a last-minute addition to the show. He was listening at home to both Paul & Peter. He wished Peter well over the air, and said he took notes during Paul's interview. He then proceeded to correct many of the statements Paul made, claiming Paul tends to leave big parts of the story out. In a nutshell, Ace hates the merchandising of the band and is sickened by things like a KISS coffin. He claims the band owes him money, and also claims he is kept completely out of the loop. Simply, he is not a member of the band and has no contract. He also claims that he was contacted about a tour, but only once, and was not 'wooed,' as Paul put it. That contact had nothing to do with Australia or Japan, and was about US dates. He claims to learn more about what KISS are doing through talking to me, or seeing it on TV. He said he was never told about an Australian show until AFTER the press conference to announce it, then he had a phone message from Gene saying they were doing it with or without him, if he was interested to have his lawyer call. Ace just feels this is not the way a band should operate, and is happy working on his own album. He did not rule out ever working with KISS again, but said it would take a lot of communication and changing of policy. Ace then asked to talk about positive things, and joked around as he always does with us."

"Bruce: He's working on a new solo CD and has had very little contact with KISS. He said he would have to think very much if asked to play the role of Ace in KISS, He said he has a tremendous amount of respect for the original lineup. Bruce proposed a tour of the non-makeup 'Revenge'-era KISS, stating that many grew up with that version of the band.

"Eric: Clearly unhappy not to be in the band again, Eric has some other stuff going and will continue to work with ALICE COOPER. For him, it was a great highlight to play with Ace on the last tour, something he always wanted to do. He was up in the air if he would ever work with KISS again, and was told with a phone call he was out."

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FH:
    KISS 2003: There Are Five Sides To Every Story - Dec. 23, 2002

KISS fans got a special treat over the weekend when several current and former members of the group appeared live on the "Merry KISSmass Special" hosted by WNEW radio personality Eddie Trunk.

Paul Stanley, Peter Criss, Ace Frehley, Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer were all interviewed during the Dec. 21 show, which included several revelations about the group's present status and upcoming activities.

The following are the highlights of each interview as compiled by Trunk via his official web site (www.eddietrunk.com):

"Paul: Paul simply stated that KISS is now unretired. He's not sure what the future will bring, and rules nothing out.

"Ace: Ace was suffering from bronchitis all week, and was a last-minute addition to the show. He was listening at home to both Paul & Peter. He wished Peter well over the air, and said he took notes during Paul's interview. He then proceeded to correct many of the statements Paul made, claiming Paul tends to leave big parts of the story out. In a nutshell, Ace hates the merchandising of the band and is sickened by things like a KISS coffin. He claims the band owes him money, and also claims he is kept completely out of the loop. Simply, he is not a member of the band and has no contract. He also claims that he was contacted about a tour, but only once, and was not 'wooed,' as Paul put it. That contact had nothing to do with Australia or Japan, and was about US dates. He claims to learn more about what KISS are doing through talking to me, or seeing it on TV. He said he was never told about an Australian show until AFTER the press conference to announce it, then he had a phone message from Gene saying they were doing it with or without him, if he was interested to have his lawyer call. Ace just feels this is not the way a band should operate, and is happy working on his own album. He did not rule out ever working with KISS again, but said it would take a lot of communication and changing of policy. Ace then asked to talk about positive things, and joked around as he always does with us."

"Eric: Clearly unhappy not to be in the band again, and was told with a phone call he was out."
    Of course KISS is now "unretired". If anything, I think it's Gene that pushes Paul's buttons about continuing the group.

As for Ace, I've always kinda looked at him like Mikey. All he wants to do is play, and he definitely doesn't agree with the way everything is handled when it comes to the band. Deep down, he is the only real rocker in the band. Whether it's a dirty club, amphitheater, backyard party, or coliseum, he's someone that loves nothing more than to get up onstage and play his heart out. Unfortunately, KISS ceased being a "band" a long time ago, and Ace is the only that really sees that. And, he's right. This is not the way a band should operate.

And, though he's a better drummer than Peter, now Eric is "unhappy" not to be in the band anymore??? Sorry dude, but I'm fairly certain you went in knowing it was probably going to be a temporary gig until Peter got the amount he wanted.It is chickenshit the way he received the news, though. But, that's usually been Gene's way of conducting business.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, I read the report on Eddie Trunk's site.

(Kudos to FH for reporting it here.)

Anyhow, strange situation with Ace.

It seems as though KISS are going ahead without him whereas it seemed as though they weren't gonna do it.

Its a shame Ace will not be a part of the Aussie Symphony show and the Japan dates (www.kissonline.com has an ad for the Japan shows featuring Ace imposter Tommy Thayer in full Space man makeup. ).

I think Gene and Paul are very stubborn bastards and I think they should treat Ace a little better.
    At the same time, Ace has been known to forget things from time to time. So, who knows what the hell went down.

I think Gene and Paul think they can get away with a fake Ace at the Aussie and Japan shows (as they did with Eric Singer in Pete's makeup in 2001).

But in no way do they think they can play a North American tour trying to fool fans that the guitar player is Ace, where he really isn't.

[ December 23, 2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Vinnie Velvet ]
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet:
    Yeah, I read the report on Eddie Trunk's site.

Anyhow, strange situation with Ace.

I think Gene and Paul think they can get away with a fake Ace at the Aussie and Japan shows (as they did with Eric Singer in Pete's makeup in 2001).

But in no way do they think they can play a North American tour trying to fool fans that the guitar player is Ace, where he really isn't.
    They didn't get way with anything in Japan. I was there for the shows at the Yokohama Arena and Tokyo Dome, and the crowd was well aware that Eric Singer had taken Peter's place. They even managed to get Eric's face into the Japanese editions of the KISS tour programs, placed right next to Peter's. I know this, because I own a copy. Now, as for Thayer, it's not too hard to tell the difference. Ace is more beefy while Thayer is a fuckin' stick. It's painfully obvious there. I hope they're prepared for signs and banners in the audience with Ace's name on them!
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.24.06 @ 07:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't you guys think it's funny how just a few years ago Paul and Gene were all into the family vibe of bringing the original KISS together; that Ace, Peter, Gene and Paul were KISS, and since then it seems like they've done everything in their power to disgrace the band and it's legacy?
    I know the whole reunion thing was all about the money from the get-go; but it seems to me like they've crossed a pretty sacred line here, passing someone off as Ace? Or Peter? I guess Gene and Paul have no respect at all for those guys, if I were Peter or Ace I'd be damn pissed!
    I don't pretend to know all the squabbles over dollars and cents; not to mention the legalities that are involved behind everything, but it just seems wrong to me...and then trying to pass it off to the fans as the real deal, that just blows big time!
    I'm not even going to get into the KISS cash in on everything from condoms to coffins!... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    Shows you were Paul and Gene's hearts are at...firmly in their wallets!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't think Gene wants to let it go. I think that Ace signed up for the reunion tour and then got talked back in for an album. I don't think they ever resolved anything from when Ace left the first time, they just put it aside for the sake of the reunion. That's always a mistake because old wounds open easly.

Ace was always odd man out.

I love KISS but I think they should have hung it up after the "Farewell Tour". That way, if Gene and Paul and whoever else wanted to get together and make music could have done so without the controversy and without having to wear somebody else's face.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gene and Paul are fuckin' greedy bastards with no loyalty to anyone except the almighty dollar!! For all kiss fans...remember them as they once ruled the Rock N' Roll world, now they're a fuckin' joke! Hey...kinda reminds me of, hey what board am I on again?
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

This band is stranger than Van Halen. To me, KISS with the makeup is Paul, Gene, Ace and Peter. Without the makeup, it can be anyone. Paul sounds like an idiot when he says that the fans want the KISS experience regardless of who is wearing the makeup. Please, fans aren't stupid so don't talk down to them.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Raldo:
    Paul sounds like an idiot when he says that the fans want the KISS experience regardless of who is wearing the makeup. Please, fans aren't stupid so don't talk down to them.
    I also think he sounds like an idiot when he's up onstage, and, as a New Yorker, he suddenly switches from his native accent to a somewhat southern drawl. Has anyone else noticed this?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

They could be fuckin' funny when they wanted to. In Oakland, 1985, near the end of the show Paul talks about how everybody gives them shit because they aren't technically great musicians and then the band launches into "Oh, Susanah". Then he says "Hey, we can even play it fast!" and they did. Funny shit.

I always thought Paul's Southern drawl was some kind of Jim Dandy rip off. Hey, it's not as bad as two ex-mouseketeers walking around talking like they comes froms the dahk side of da hood.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

"PEEE-PUHLLL!"

"AH KNOW...AH KNOW...EVERYBODY'S GETTIN' HOT...EVERYBODY'S GOT...ROCK & ROLL PNEUMONIA...SO LET'S CALL OUT...DOCK-TUH LUHV!!"
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Axxman300:
    Hey, it's not as bad as two ex-mouseketeers walking around talking like they comes froms the dahk side of da hood.
    True.

Or, almost as bad as another ex-Mouseketeer who thinks he's the white (or, the whiter )Michael Jackson.

The first time I heard Christina Aguilera talk like she's straight outta the 'hood, especially when she never used to talk that way in past interviews, I almost choked from laughing so hard. Fuckin' wannabe.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Vince G.:

The first time I heard Christina Aguilera talk like she's straight outta the 'hood, especially when she never used to talk that way in past interviews, I almost choked from laughing so hard. Fuckin' wannabe.[/QB]
    Have you seen her Maxim layout this month? Hoochie Momma! She's got problems, but they're fun problems.

My Blog:

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Axxman300:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vince G.:

The first time I heard Christina Aguilera talk like she's straight outta the 'hood, especially when she never used to talk that way in past interviews, I almost choked from laughing so hard. Fuckin' wannabe.
    Have you seen her Maxim layout this month? Hoochie Momma! She's got problems, but they're fun problems.[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Still, if she were a house and I was a screen-door.....

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, back to the KISS discussion here.

I wouldn't close the door on Ace's involvement with the band just yet.

Strange things have happened...

"Well, its a Strange Ways, the way you look at me..."

Looks as though KISS will don the classic Hotter Than Hell costumes for the Symphony gig and Japan tour.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"