Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's MUCH better than the demos. 3 completely new songs. Better Bomb and Turn to Gold didn't make the cut.

Chris sounds a hell of a lot better.

The album does improve vastly though.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Cool, I'm looking forward to this one and the new Pearl Jam album. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No Better Bomb>?? Damn, I loved that song. Thank god I got the demos!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

So where can I find these songs? I've tried downloading a few, but I could only find the new Cochise. What are the 'new' songs called?

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Relax about the songs that didn't make the cut on this first record. The band was contractually obligated to record two albums worth of material because of Cornell and the ex-Rage members having separate record companies. The first album is going to be released on RATM's EPIC label and the second (already in the can) will be released under Cornell's Interscope label at a later date. Hopefully, those songs will be on the second!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In hearing this, I am excited for the NEXT record. I think they just got better together as time went on. the two songs left of are probably the two most forced songs on the demos. Rage main riff and chorus, Chris Cornell verse. the transitions weren't very smooth.

With the 3 new songs, What You Are, Set it Off, and Hypnotize, they really hit a stride in writing, finding a sound their own, not Rage, not Soundgarden, not Rage with Chris--but Audioslave.

The solo in What You Are kicks ASS. Simple, but I lvoe it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

I can't wait to hear this album... Cochise is a great song.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by lovemachine97:
    In hearing this, I am excited for the NEXT record. I think they just got better together as time went on. the two songs left of are probably the two most forced songs on the demos. Rage main riff and chorus, Chris Cornell verse. the transitions weren't very smooth.

With the 3 new songs, What You Are, Set it Off, and Hypnotize, they really hit a stride in writing, finding a sound their own, not Rage, not Soundgarden, not Rage with Chris--but Audioslave.

The solo in What You Are kicks ASS. Simple, but I lvoe it.
    I'm dying to hear those songs bro. Any way you can get them to me? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I got a link to a picture of the new album-cover in my Entertainment thread in the non-music forums!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

It kind of threw me back when I first saw it, but I really dig it now. Good work FH! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Given guitarist Tom Morello's keen interest in politics, one might think Audioslave's decision to use showers of pyrotechnics as the only light source in their "Cochise" video was some sort of gesture to protest the way the "war on terror" is being fought.

It wasn't, but many neighbors living near Los Angeles' Sepulveda Dam, where the footage was shot, thought the explosions were indeed related to terrorism.

"The local police and news station literally received thousands of calls from people who thought the city was under siege," laughed Morello. "All the freeways were blocked because they thought there was an attack occurring. Like someone had decided to attack and [the target] was going to be the San Fernando Valley."

The video, directed by Mark Romanek (Nine Inch Nails, R.E.M.), was shot September 25 and 26 and will air later this month. "Cochise" was named after an Apache Indian chief who declared war on the Southeast and drove out thousands of settlers. In a statement last month, Morello said, "Cochise the Avenger, fearless and resolute, attacked everything in his path with an unbridled fury. This song kinda sounds like that."

Audioslave features three members of Rage Against the Machine performing with ex-Soundgarden vocalist Chris Cornell, and Morello vows it's more than just a one-off studio project. The group will hit the road by early next year, he said, and plans to shoot other videos for tracks from Audioslave, due November 19. There are also plans for a follow-up.

"There's almost another album's worth of stuff [already done]," Morello said. "The most difficult part of the process was narrowing down the [tunes for the first] record because the other songs are every bit as good. We ended up choosing the songs that made for the best flow of an album, but there are some pretty fat jams that are still in the can."

While the first Audioslave album will be released on Epic Records, the second disc will surface on Interscope. That's because Rage Against the Machine are still signed to Epic and Cornell to Interscope.

"It has never happened before where two record company giants have brokered this type of compromise," Morello noted.

Some Internet file-sharers may think they've had Audioslave's debut album for months, but the batch of songs leaked onto the Web in May isn't the genuine article, Morello said. That material was from workshop demos that are significantly different than the tracks on the record.

"They were different songs, different vocals, different lyrics, different guitar solos — just inferior sketches of works in progress which we had sent to a studio up in Seattle for Chris to listen to and work on," Morello said. "And someone at that studio helped themselves to a copy, and it then took about eight months to make its way to an Italian Web site. Then it went global over the next 48 hours, and everybody thought they had the record, which was so frustrating."

Morello is still miffed — not because he's afraid Audioslave have lost market share to downloaders, but because the material doesn't represent his band at its best.

"The record that we've made is so much different and so much better than those shabby demos," he insisted. "At the end of the day, whether you buy, steal or download our album, please just make sure you have the right one, because it's a work we're tremendously proud of and it's a work that deserves to be heard as we mean you to hear it."

—Jon Wiederhorn
    www.mtv.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Originally posted by Ian Sane:
    I can't wait to hear this album... Cochise is a great song.
    Cochise is not the best song on the album. I like Shadow on the Sun the best right now. To me, the entire back half of the CD is much better than the first half. It's a good album.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AUDIOSLAVE Collaborate With DMX! - Oct. 24, 2002

AUDIOSLAVE, the new group featuring ex-SOUNDGARDEN frontman Chris Cornell and former RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE members Tim Commerford (bass), Brad Wilk (drums), and Tom Morello (guitar), have written and recorded a pair of songs with rapper DMX, according to Billboard.com.

One of the two collaborations with DMX is a pairing of the rapper and all four band members, while the other is a leftover track for which Cornell has not yet written lyrics. A DMX spokesperson told Billboard that one of the songs is slated to show up in the forthcoming DMX/Jet Li film "Cradle to the Grave", the soundtrack for which should arrive in January or February on DMX's Bloodline label.

According to Commerford, one cut was slated to appear on the Island soundtrack for the upcoming "Jackass" movie but was pulled from the project. "It's so good," the bassist said. "It's such a great song that we can't put it out now because it'll get too much attention."

AUDIOSLAVE's self-titled debut is due on November 19 through Epic Records.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dug "Cochise" the very first time I heard it.....and it still is growing on me. That song kicks ass!

I still miss Soundgarden though.....
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics