Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The entire thing was supposed to be played last night on my local rock station but I was busy and didn't hear any of it. For those of you that did, what you think?

------------------
    "It ain't gonna change overnight, no. And it ain't goin' away without a fight. Yeah! Livin' with the aftershock."

"When I need something to soothe my soul, I listen to too much rock 'n' roll."

Dan Halen - My site

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

They played the whole thing?! Wow, thats rare nowadays. They used to do that in the 70's a bunch.

I havnt heard it yet, but I hear that there are at least a few songs on it that take them back to their roots. Sounded pretty good.

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Look at that Mama, she got it sstick'n in the camera maan- (I wish I had some)

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

If the gods are on my side, you can hear it live on line toight at 8pm cst at www.kcmq.com. We're doing the b'cast thingy they did with Premiere network. From the sound of the pre-recorded promo they sent, it sounds pretty cool.

------------------
    "Whenever we come to Milwaukee, we try and have a special surprise for you here and tonite we got a whole sh*tload of 'em for you and right now, we want to whip the first one at you here! Y'know, usually Ed doesn't sing this part of the song and when he does tonight for the first time, you'll find out why!"

-David Lee Roth, Milwaukee 1980

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I think I'm scared to.

------------------
    Dirty Faced Kid & damn proud of it.

All your base are belong to us!
    Somebody set up us the bomb!
    Take off all 'zig'!!

Strange is beautiful.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The only song I've heard is Jaded...But I plan on trudging out in the snow at lunch today, and picking up a copy of the album!

I don't care what people say about their "new sound", I still love Aerosmith!!!

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

I heard the first 4 songs or so. They played it for AOL users last night. Basically, I heard "Jaded" twice. Once acoustically and once normally. The other two songs I heard were very different from each other. The first one was rockin' and it sounded pretty cool with a guitar solo and stuff, but the other one was all rap-like and it sounded like crap. All I can say is Tyler can still sing. That rockin' tune had some pretty cool vocal parts. He sounds great. I may download a few more tracks, but I doubt I'll buy the album.

------------------
    Joe

Member of E.B.A.S. and E.J.A.S.

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." - David Lee Roth

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Best Buy in Henrietta is offering the Aerosmith CD for $11.99 plus an added bonus song included.

That's where I'm going at lunch!

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

BrokenCombs, that's a good idea...If I can find some money, I'll go there sometime this week. Cool finding linkers living so close!

------------------
    Joe

Member of E.B.A.S. and E.J.A.S.

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." - David Lee Roth

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Joe. Yeah, you can't go wrong picking up the CD for $11.99. You should head over to Best Buy and get it sometime....

I'm listening to it right now. I think it is definitely a lot better than the last album they put out (Nine Lives) thought it certainly is no "Toys In The Attic" or "Rocks" or even "Permanent Vacation"...But I like it...It's got some kick ass rockers on it and certainly some weaker tunes as well...

Here's a quick rundown:

1. Beyond Beautiful---This opening track is a great rocker! Good start to the album. One of my favorites on this CD.

2. Just Push Play---I can see a lot of people despising this tune, because of the rap type vocal style...But I dig it. It's a really funky song.

3. Jaded---The album's first single. VERY poppy, but catchy as hell...This it the one that will stick in your head the most, by far. I like it. I think it's a great song.

4. Fly Away From Here---Uh Oh....Armageddon Part II! Yeah, skip over this cheesy ballad.

5. Trip Hoppin'---This one is another kinda funky sounding song, though with no rap style vocals, this time. I actually like this one a lot. Good tune!

6. Sunshine---Very Beatles sounding...In a good way though. Kind of a mid tempo song, but it's got some balls to it as well...

7. Under My Skin---A pretty good rocker. Not one of my favorites. But it's not bad

8. Luv Lies---The OTHER ballad. Somehow though, this one is not as annoying as the other one on this album. I like this one Though it DOES sound a LOT like Cryin' Part II

9. Outta Your Head---A good rocker. Love this tune!

10. Drop Dead Gorgeous---This tune a pretty good rocker..

11. Light Inside---My favorite track on the CD. This song KICKS ASS!!! Make sure you crank this one up! The best rocker these guys have done since Young Lust, from Pump IMO...

12. Avant Garden---A slower song, but a pretty good one. Very Beatles sounding....

13. Face---Bonus track on my CD. I'm not crazy about this one, but then I have not listened to it as much...

There you have it.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.27.09 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Man, I'm counting the days till that album comes out in the UK. Steve's voice just gets better & better. And I can't get enough of 'Jaded'. This one should tide me over till the big VH release huh?

You know, I wanted to be steven tyler when I was young. So much that I used to stretch my lips lookin' in the bathroom mirror!?!?!

Weird kid huh? LOL!

------------------
    The last thing you want is to be Van Hagar-ed.

Off topic? Of course I'm off topic! I DON'T KNOW JACK!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Be interesting to hear from the people that get it without the bonus track "Face" - after "Face" it comes back with a little bit of "Under My Skin" - wonder if it does that on the ones without "Face". Decent album, just need time to burn it in my brain! On a side note - is the phrase "F**kin' Ay" coming back - it's in one of the songs ("Just Push Play") and I also saw someone use it on one of the sites! Haven't heard people saying that in years!

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!

Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This CD is one of the biggest fucking jokes I've ever heard. I got to review a free promo copy for the school paper, so I didn't pay for this shit. The lyrics are AWFUL. Steven Tyler was never the best lyric writer to begin with but these are a joke!Take the beginning of "Trip Hoppin'" for example. "I got a wild thing, we're talking hoops you got me jumpin' through." Pathetic. The music is terrible, too. Tom Hamilton, who I consider to be a great bassist, is silent on this album. Joey Kramer's drumming is sad, too. Throw in a fill once in awhile! The songwriting is horrendous, Aerosmith hasn't been a good rock band for awhile, they've been trying their hand at cheese-pop for too long now but this isn't even a good pop record. Avoid like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I disagree strongly with your last post Vic...

I admit this record ain't no "Rocks", or "Toys In The Attic" (my 2 favorite 'Smith albums...) BUT it's far from being crap. It's the best record that I've heard in 2001 so far....(until the new Van Halen album comes out....if it ever does before we're all dead.)

Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's cool, BC. Part of my disdain for the album comes from the fact I don't like how Aerosmith abandoned their blues-rock sound for that overpolished crap they put out now. Another problem I have with the album is that it isn't even a good pop record! It's really uneven and some of Tyler's vocal performances are pretty bad. Just my 2 cents. In a few months, I'm sure we'll both like the new album we've been eagerly anticipating from another classic rock band !

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TDR:

You know, I wanted to be steven tyler when I was young. So much that I used to stretch my lips lookin' in the bathroom mirror!?!?!

Weird kid huh? LOL!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, when I was younger I wanted to be like Ron Jeremy. I used to stand in front of the bathroom mirror and stretch my...

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...