Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I saw this show this past Saturday-it was fucking awesome!!!!!!

JERRY CANTRELL: North Carolina Set List Revealed - Apr. 28, 2002

Here is former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell's set list from last night's (April 27th) show at City Fest in Charlotte, North Carolina:

01. Psychotic Break
    02. Bargain Basement Howard Hughes
    03. Hellbound
    04. Cut You In
    05. Angry Chair
    06. Man In The Box
    07. My Song
    08. Solitude
    09. Castaway
    10. What The Hell Have I
    11. Anger Rising
    12. No Excuses
    13. Down In A Hole
    14. Them Bones

Cantrell reportedly introduced "Angry Chair" as a song “written by my good friend Layne Staley” and thanked the crowd for the rousing reception given to his version of "Man In The Box" by saying that “Layne would be proud”. Former SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and current OZZY OSBOURNE bassist Robert Trujillo, who played on Cantrell's forthcoming Degradation Trip CD, reportedly joined the group for half the show, while COMES WITH THE FALL bassist Adam Stanger handled the bass duties for the remaining tracks.
    www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Here was my review I posted elsewhere......

Awesome show! Front row for me, too! The crowd roared when he came out (he opened for STP)! He was a bit subdued when he came out, but he felt the crowd embrace him and really opened up. He thanked the fans for their support and kindness regarding Layne's death as he broke into his favorite Layne-written song, Angry Chair.(Robert (Ozzy's band) Tujillo played bass on 3 AIC songs-he also played on his upcoming CD.) At one point, Jerry's amp blew up and he was forced to be a "lead singer"(guitar-less) on a ballad he played from his new record. (Dean (STP) DeLeo at one time played guitar-roadie and brought him a guitar!)
    Set-list as best I can remember:

Psychotic Break
    Bargain-Basement Howard Hughes
    Hellbound
    Angry Chair
    Man in the Box
    My Song
    Cast Away
    Solitude
    Anger Rising
    No Excuses
    Cut You In
    What The Hell Have I
    Them Bones

He had the bassist and singer/guitarist from "Comes With The Fall", another guitarist, and a drummer backing him. The singer/guitarist from "Comes with the Fall" sang Layne's parts on the chorus of "Man in the Box"-not bad, but not Layne.
    Sadly, the majority of the set list was from Jerry's forthcoming record and the audience didn't know it but they rocked with it anyways! I've got an advance copy of it and it's awesome. I only wished he'd played "Spiderbite" off of it-it sounds a bit like "Grind"!
    Great show!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ April 29, 2002 at 01:52 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most excellent FH.....sounds like you were treated to a righteous explosion of soul thumping sounds....

side note.....I saw STP on Fri night.....mother fucking awesome is my review! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I forgot that he did play "Down in a Hole"!

I saw STP too, Dennis! They always put on a cool show!
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I almost forgot! Jerry came out and played "Got Me Wrong" with STP!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kool bro!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got back from the Cantrell/Nickelback show, and....it ROCKED HARD!! I really went for Jerry, but Nickelback was f'n great! The energy they put into that show was incredible, and they couldn't stop thanking the crowd. The crowd was on their feet the whole time, and they gave us a great, great show. I liked them a little before, but I have a newfound respect for them.

Now, Cantrell. He was awesome! Unfortunately, 95% of the crowd didn't get on their feet until the last 3 songs. He seemed a little pissed by that, saying 'this ain't no fuckin church picnic'. He was great, he fell to his knees a few times during solos, and you could see his pain in 'Down in a Hole'. That song was slowed down a lot from the cd version, which made it a little sadder and more sincere. No mention of Layne at all. I don't have a good setlist, but from memory (and no particular order):

Psychotic Break
    Cut You In
    Bargain Basement Howard Hughes
    Anger Rising
    Hellbound
    Would?
    Down In A Hole
    Them Bones

There may have been 2 or 3 others, but nothing I was too familiar with. He only played about 45 minutes, so it wasn't all that long, which was very dissappointing. I think HE should be headlining, but Nickelback was great in their own right. 'Anger Rising', his new single, was smoking! It's great on the cd, but live it has SO much more power, and the vocal humming or whatever at the end of the song was really powerful.

Jerry's bassist came out during Nickelback's set, walking around the crowd. A few people noticed him, and we thanked him for a great show. It was hard to not notice him, cause he looks like a Milli Vanilli dude

Anyways, if anyone gets the chance, go see this tour!! It rocks! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I saw Jerry open for Nickelback at "House of Blues" and I was disappointed to see he was given such a short set! (Nickelback was pretty good even though I'm not much of a fan) The crowd was really receptive to Jerry at the show I went to, but not like the other show I saw where his set was alot longer. Maybe that's why he's opening for Creed next month! (Hopefully, he'll get a longer set!)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Jerry Cantrell, currently hosting a rock show of his own each night as special guest on the Jim Beam Road To The Rackhouse Tour with Nickelback, will soon be hosting a rock show on the tube. The Rock Show on MTV2, to be exact. The week of July 1st (Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday), each night starting at 6pm, to be most precise.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    Jerry Cantrell, currently hosting a rock show of his own each night as special guest on the Jim Beam Road To The Rackhouse Tour with Nickelback, will soon be hosting a rock show on the tube. The Rock Show on MTV2, to be exact. The week of July 1st (Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday), each night starting at 6pm, to be most precise.
    Man, if only I had mtv2!

I have basic cable, so can I just order that single channel? I've always wanted to get it.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jerry's going on a little solo jaunt in between his Nickelback and Creed supporting slots. I just bought tickets to see him July 29th in Poughkeepsie, NY. I think he only has about 5 scheduled dates. Comes With the Fall are opening, and some of the guys play with him onstage.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The MTV2 program sucks. It's basically Jerry sitting with some VJ that looks like a groupie and he gets about two words in per break.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Jerry Cantrell Missing Lost Friend, Moving On With Trip
    07.02.2002 7:52 AM EDT

Although Alice in Chains singer Layne Staley died nearly three months ago, Jerry Cantrell still finds it difficult to come to grips with the loss.

"It's something I'm still dealing with, and I still think like he's here," Cantrell whispered, his eyes lowered. "I miss him tremendously. I love him and have to move on. I'll remember him and respect the memories of what we did together and just enjoy life ... and that's all I'll say about it."

Most memories the former bandmates and songwriting collaborators shared date back much further than that April evening when Staley was found dead of an overdose in his home. As with most of the late singer's friends and acquaintances, as well as those prolific among the closely knit Seattle music scene, it had been a while since the two were as close as they had been when they were recording benchmarks such as Dirt and Jar of Flies during the grunge heyday.

"It's been long time," Cantrell quipped when asked about the last time the two hung out. He looked annoyed at the question outright, as if somehow Staley's untimely demise could have been averted if only Cantrell had asked him out for coffee the week before.

Though Cantrell's latest album, Degradation Trip, released June 18, was completed long before Staley's death, several songs seem eerily prophetic in retrospect — as if Staley had already vacated Cantrell's life long ago, just as he did the lives of many of his other former friends. "Locked On" includes the lines "Faded rock star, push and needle ... / You do your thing, I'll live my life," while "Gone" conjures images of separation. "I caught a flash of your smile, though the fog of a dream ... / I can't be by your side, I'll see you when I sleep/ Now you're gone," Cantrell sings, backed by a backwoods waltz.

Like the disturbed confessionals that were Cantrell's contributions to Alice in Chains and his solo debut, 1998's Boggy Depot, the underlying premise of most songs stems from personal experience. Degradation Trip, is a journey into a disturbed psyche, making stops at self-depreciation ("Solitude"), drug dependency ("Spiderbite," "Mother's Spinning in Her Grave [Glass Di-- Jones]"), and abandonment ("Gone"), among other stations of the crossed. Fans of Alice In Chains can appreciate the tortured pacing of Cantrell's plodding laments, while his steely guitar riffs repeatedly stab at the melodies. The album opens with melancholy moaner "Psychotic Break," an apt forecaster with the chorus "I feel like a psychotic break comin' on," and the LP's first single, "Anger Rising," is a dysfunctional family portrait with a violent hue that revisits themes found in the Alice in Chains hit "Rooster."

"I've always been drawn to music that tells the sadder tale and tells the deeper, truer tale, which at times can be very dark," Cantrell explained. "I've always been a fan of that type of material, before I even became a writer. When I'm happy and feeling good, I go out and ride [roller] coasters and jet bikes and stuff. I go out and have fun. When I've got an issue or something is bugging me, I generally write a song about it. ... I draw from what I see and what I experience, and I only really know how to do it one way."

On the heels of a tour with labelmates Nickelback, which concludes Sunday in Omaha, Nebraska ,Cantrell will have a week to himself before resuming the road work with Creed. While he agrees that it's somewhat ironic for him to be opening for bands that Alice in Chains undoubtedly influenced, set time ain't nothing but a number for Cantrell and his backing band, bassist Robert Trujillo and drummer Mike Bordin.

"I'm just really glad I'm out playing," he explained. "In Alice in Chains, we always said we'd play with pretty much anybody. I'm proud of what we do, and it's a strong act, so whoever we play with, I ain't scared of anybody."

—Joe D'Angelo

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

JERRY CANTRELL, SEVENDUST Exchange Insults During Ontario Festival Appearance - July 2, 2002

Former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist JERRY CANTRELL and SEVENDUST exchanged insults from the stage during the two groups' respective appearances at yesterday's Edgefest in Barrie, Ontario after numerous technical difficulties during CANTRELL's set led to an abbreviated performance from the guitarist.

The problems reportedly began when a planned 3:20 PM set by SEVENDUST was postponed due to a problem with the band crossing Canada's border. As a result, JERRY CANTRELL was asked to swap spots with the metal quintet, a seemingly simple flip-flop which ended up creating a rift between the two acts during the unfortunate chain of events that followed.

After experiencing a series of frustrating mishaps during the early portion of his set, CANTRELL ended his performance with his current single "Anger Rising", but not before he threw his guitar to the ground and left the crowd with a disparaging remark toward SEVENDUST. According to MTV.com, CANTRELL omitted the "dust" in SEVENDUST and substituted a four-letter obscenity in letting the crowd know who was up next.

SEVENDUST frontman Lajon Witherspoon, for his part, wasted no time in expressing his animosity towards CANTRELL during the group's Edgefest set, proclaiming "when JERRY CANTRELL says 'Fuck SEVENDUST, I say, 'Fuck you, JERRY CANTRELL.' " He then reiterated the message by saying, "I hope you heard me, JERRY CANTRELL."

Edgefest was headlined by NICKELBACK and included additional performances from CAKE and HAND OF DOOM (ex-SMASHING PUMPKINS/HOLE bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur's BLACK SABBATH cover band).

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    JERRY CANTRELL, SEVENDUST Exchange Insults During Ontario Festival Appearance - July 2, 2002

Former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist JERRY CANTRELL and SEVENDUST exchanged insults from the stage during the two groups' respective appearances at yesterday's Edgefest in Barrie, Ontario after numerous technical difficulties during CANTRELL's set led to an abbreviated performance from the guitarist.

The problems reportedly began when a planned 3:20 PM set by SEVENDUST was postponed due to a problem with the band crossing Canada's border. As a result, JERRY CANTRELL was asked to swap spots with the metal quintet, a seemingly simple flip-flop which ended up creating a rift between the two acts during the unfortunate chain of events that followed.

After experiencing a series of frustrating mishaps during the early portion of his set, CANTRELL ended his performance with his current single "Anger Rising", but not before he threw his guitar to the ground and left the crowd with a disparaging remark toward SEVENDUST. According to MTV.com, CANTRELL omitted the "dust" in SEVENDUST and substituted a four-letter obscenity in letting the crowd know who was up next.

SEVENDUST frontman Lajon Witherspoon, for his part, wasted no time in expressing his animosity towards CANTRELL during the group's Edgefest set, proclaiming "when JERRY CANTRELL says 'Fuck SEVENDUST, I say, 'Fuck you, JERRY CANTRELL.' " He then reiterated the message by saying, "I hope you heard me, JERRY CANTRELL."

Edgefest was headlined by NICKELBACK and included additional performances from CAKE and HAND OF DOOM (ex-SMASHING PUMPKINS/HOLE bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur's BLACK SABBATH cover band).
    now now, children, play nice

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Anyone know when/if Jerry is doing a headlining club tour or anything like that? Love his new album. Did see him like a year or so ago in providence, ri...and picked up the dedigration trip advance sampler. But the band he had with him on that tour were that great. Who is he playing with this tour?
    "If at first you don't understand Van Halen's music, crank up the volume."
    -Washington Post, April, 1980