Favorite VH Album

VH1, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Top of the World
    Last Online

01.30.07 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Musi...est/index.html

LOS ANGELES (CNN) --Music producer Phil Spector, the man behind the famous "Wall of Sound" recordings of the 1960s, has been charged with murder in connection with the early morning death of a woman at his suburban Los Angeles home.

Police found one woman dead inside Spector's home in Alhambra, California, and took the legendary music producer into custody, investigators said.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said Alhambra Police received a 911 call at 5 a.m. (8 a.m. ET). Officers responded to the house near the intersection of Grandview and Valley.

It was not clear whether the 911 call came from Spector's home or a neighbor. Neighbors questioned by CNN said they had not heard a shooting.

Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989, Spector created the "Wall of Sound" effect that involved overdubbing scores of musicians to create a massive roar, which changed the way pop records were produced.

Among his session players known as the "Wrecking Crew" were guitarist Glen Campbell, pianist Leon Russell, drummer Hal Blaine and the late Sonny Bono, who learned the producer's trade under Spector.

Spector produced a string of '60s hits, including the Crystals' "Da Doo Ron Ron" and "Then He Kissed Me," the Ronettes' "Be My Baby" and "Walking in the Rain," and Darlene Love's "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" and "(Today I Met) the Boy I'm Gonna Marry."

Spector married Ronnie Bennett, a member of the Ronettes. They divorced in 1974. He has five children.

Spector's father, Benjamin, committed suicide in 1949. Spector later visited the grave and used the inscription "To Know Him Was to Love Him" as the basis for a hit song.

Spector's last major album was "End of the Century," a 1980 collaboration with the Ramones. During the session, the late bassist Dee Dee Ramone said Spector pulled a gun on the band.

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:50 AM
    Liked 1,027 Times in 502 Posts

He pulled a fucking gun on the BAND?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

He used to beat up his wife Roni when they were married. Sounds like he went way too far this time.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

[ February 04, 2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I can't say I'm shocked. The guy always seemed a bit off. I guess Macca was right all along.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."