Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I picked up Stone Sour's new cd this weekend and was not let down....the group is lead by Corey Taylor of Slipknot. I dig Slipknot too....but I think Corey has a chance to let his vocal range "open up" with this group.

Anyone else had a chance to check out their music yet?!?!?!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No thank you!
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo Wabo® Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i agree its nice to hear cory use his vocal range.stone sour is good, bother is a really good song. joeys band murder dolls on the other pretty much blows.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Rick S:
    i agree its nice to hear cory use his vocal range.stone sour is good, bother is a really good song. joeys band murder dolls on the other pretty much blows.
    It is cool to hear him branch out. I haven't heard Joey's band...

Stone Sour's debut cd is kick ass.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Default Can anyone recommend Slipknot?

I'm not a fan a the theatrics of this group, but beyond the masks, I don't really know anything about them.

I really like Stone Sour's COME WHAT(EVER) MAY album. Aside from having the same lead singer and guitar player, are these bands anything alike?
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Corey Taylor, Ice Cream Man

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 341 Times in 192 Posts

He's no John Mayer.

Eruption
    Last Online

09.06.12 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SS has one of Slipknot's guitar players too, if anyone didn't know.

Saw SS two years ago at Download, and caught the end of Slipknot's set there this year. Much preferred Slipknot. Slippers have a hits set out soon too.
    http://theramblingelf.tumblr.com/ <-- visit my blog, go on!

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I have seen them both live..... great show from both. SS... did surprise me a bit. More hardcore than I thought they were going to be! I really like his work with Apocalyptica ( I am a huge fan of theirs.. if you don't know who they are look them up!)
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Fan of Stone Sour, saw them a few times. Definitely a heavy show and a lot of fun. Saw Slipknot for the first time last year and didn't care for it at all. They have a few tunes that I dig but not enough to keep me interested.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

in the past i only liked a couple of slipknots tunes, but their new stuff really rocks!
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 18,115 Times in 8,948 Posts

I saw Slipknot once, and even though I am not a big fan of their music, good God they put on a high energy show.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Slipknot bassist Gray found dead in Iowa hotel

DES MOINES, Iowa
    Police say the bassist for the Iowa metal band Slipknot has been found dead in a suburban Des Moines hotel room.

Urbandale police say a hotel employee found 38-year-old Paul Dedrick Gray dead in a room at the Town Plaza Hotel. Foul play wasn't suspected.

The Polk County Medical Examiner's Office plans an autopsy Tuesday.

Get the Chicago Tribune delivered to your home for only $1 a week >>

Most Slipknot members grew up in the Des Moines area. The band, known for its grotesque masks, released its first album in 1999. It sold more than 1 million copies.
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

From Blabbermouth.net:

According to the Des Moines Register, Urbandale, Iowa police are investigating the death of SLIPKNOT's bass guitarist at a local hotel.

Paul Dedrick Gray, 38, of Johnston was found dead at approximately 10:50 a.m. today by an employee at TownePlace Suites (pictured below), 8800 Northpark Drive, police said.

There was no evidence of foul play, police said.

According to KCCI.com, the Polk County Medical Examiner's Office is assisting in the death investigation and will perform an autopsy on Tuesday. Toxicology testing will be completed to determine if there were any contributing factors in the death of Gray, police said.

Witnesses reported that items from the hotel room were carried out of the hotel around 2 p.m.

Gray was born in Los Angeles, California, and later moved to Des Moines.

Wikipedia shows that Gray has been married for two years to GodsGirls' Brenna Paul and has a tattoo of her name on his knuckles.

In a December 2009 posting on his MySpace page, Gray revealed that his wife was pregnant with the couple's first child. "I am the happiest man on the face of the earth — literally!" he wrote. He added, "This has been the best Christmas I have ever had!"

In April 2010 it was announced that Paul Gray had joined HAIL!, the supergroup featuring mainstays Tim "Ripper" Owens (BEYOND FEAR, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ex-JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH), David Ellefson (MEGADETH) and Andreas Kisser (SEPULTURA). He was replacing the group's original member, David Ellefson, who was unable to take part in HAIL!'s upcoming touring activities due to his renewed collaboration with MEGADETH. At the time, Paul Gray stated about his involvement with HAIL!: "This is going to be amazing! After I heard the news about David reuniting with MEGADETH I touched base with Andreas and everything fell into place pretty immediately. I was excited about what they were doing and their whole attitude is just cool, old school camaraderie and fun and I wanted to share that with them. Fortunately, I had this window of time available as SLIPKNOT are on break so the timing worked perfectly. These guys have been through it all and they represent true metal brotherhood. I like that and I'm glad to now be a part of it. I can't wait, I wish we'd leave tomorrow. These shows are going to kick ass!"

Back in 2003, authorities agreed to drop drug possession charges against Paul Gray in exchange for Gray's acknowledgement that he was on drugs when he was involved in a minor traffic accident (Story#1, Story#2) in the summer of 2003 in Des Moines.

Des Moines police arrested Gray on June 1, 2003 after his car collided with a car at Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway and Carpenter Avenue.

A police report at the time said Gray "had impaired balance, slurred and dull speech, and extremely sleepy and dull behavior."

In the November 2008 issue of Revolver magazine, Gray spoke openly about his struggle with drug addiction and how it affected SLIPKNOT during the songwriting and recording process for both 2001's "Iowa" and 2004's "Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses".

"I was pissed at Corey [Taylor, SLIPKNOT vocalist] and Jim [Root, SLIPKNOT guitarist] for doing [their side project] STONE SOUR," he said. "I thought, 'Fuck, we should be working on SLIPKNOT.' But we really needed that time apart. During the downtime I played with UNIDA and jammed with friends, but mostly I did a lot of drinking and some drugs — some heavy, heavy drugs…lots of heroin. I was shooting speedballs every day. And then pills. I was on everything, man. In the beginning I kind of had my shit under control, but after a while, no. I became an addict."

He added, "I wrote a bunch of stuff [for 'Vol. 3'] — like I do every record — but I would spend half the time in the bathroom [shooting up]. I'd be trying to play, and I'd fall out of my chair a couple times and fall asleep in the middle of tracking a song. There was a lot of depression going on. I wasn't mad at anybody, but everyone else was and I felt, 'Oh, fuck, my family is falling apart.' This has been the best thing that ever happened to me. And once you get to a certain point with drugs it's fuckin' so hard going through withdrawal. It's not that you don't want to quit. You just can't. Halfway through the record, the band had an intervention on me and I ended up going to rehab."

He continued, "Going through rehab in L.A. kept me good for a little while, but then we got back out on the road and I just knew too many people and I started using a lot again on and off. I had some near-death experiences — nothing I'm gonna go into any detail about — but I definitely pushed it to the very end and I'm still here. I have friends, though, who pushed it just the same way, and they are dead. Finally, I got left in rehab at the end of the arena tour with SHADOWS FALL and LAMB OF GOD and I missed the last six shows. Then, afterwards… Well, idle hands do the devil's work. I met my wife and she stayed with me and helped me, but then I'd full on run with it. Finally she said, 'I can't sit around and watch you kill yourself.' I was living in L.A. at the time, which wasn't helping because it was so easy [to get drugs]. So, I moved back to Iowa with her and went to my doctor and got straightened out. And it's been a good couple years now that I've been clean."

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz