Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megadeth

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is one of the few bands I never wanted to see break up under any circumstance. It was rumored that Mustaine relapsed into drug use and hurt his arm during that time. Does anyone know if that is true? The Behind the Music was so sad. I couldn't help but feel like his father ruined his life and his way of dealing with stuff, but we all know Dave made those choices in life. anyone heard how he is? You know, he could still sing if he wanted to. Megadeth could still go on with out him playing...the guy is so meticulous that he could write the songs and tutor a stand in like he did with Al Pitrelli for a solid year. By the way, Jimmy is smoking on drums!! Being a drummer, it's guys like him that make you jealous and practice harder.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Hasn't been much released in the way of Megadeth news since Dave's initial release that he had suffered nerve damage in his arm. Some have rumored that it was the result of a botched suicide attempt but I never bought that. It was just a sad, raw deal that he came out of the blue and announced that Megadeth was no more. He did state that he was trying to rehab his arm, hopefully we'll hear something one of these days. There is nothing new on their website.

The state of music is so sad today that MEGADETH is badly needed. Especially since Metallica retired in '89.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From what I've heard, former Megadeth members Marty Friedman, Al Pitrelli, Dave Ellefson and Jimmy DeGrasso are planning to found a band. They're still in search for a vocalist however.

Btw.. Al Pitrelli has also re-joined Savatage after Dave Mustaine disbanded Megadeth.
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Was listening to some of their older stuff the other day. Give "My Last Words" off of "Peace Sells" a listen.(last track on the CD) The guitar riffs are awesome. Nothing else like it around really. Pure Megadeth.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the info!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Some of it I knew, the suicide rumor I did not. Mustaine is a very talented, yet tormented person. He writes about stuff we all have felt at one time or another.
    I would love to hear the other members band if they do get together and do something. Nick Menza recorded a cd and you can get it from his website...although I haven't bought it yet. Marty seems like a really nice cool guy. Never met him, but that is the feeling I get from watching the Behind the Music. Also, I thought it was interesting that they didn't interview Nick Menza for the BTM special, but I am sure he is still fuming over being fired, somewhat. I would be!! Trivia Time: Did you know that Marty Friedman played with a former DLR guitarist? YUP, Jason Becker. Thanks guys!!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Atomic Punk DLR:
    From what I've heard, former Megadeth members Marty Friedman, Al Pitrelli, Dave Ellefson and Jimmy DeGrasso are planning to found a band. They're still in search for a vocalist however.

Btw.. Al Pitrelli has also re-joined Savatage after Dave Mustaine disbanded Megadeth.
    Uh hello, Mr Mustaine: You might be a shoe-in for the job......uh Dave.......you there?? Hello??

Dudes, Megadeth could continue bigger and better. I know, Dave can't play, but there ain't another guy doing vocals and lyrics as good as him. Geez, I miss them too much already. Megadeth, I thought, would be the one band to outlast Metallicrap and others.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by AlexFan:
    Thanks for the info!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Some of it I knew, the suicide rumor I did not. Mustaine is a very talented, yet tormented person. He writes about stuff we all have felt at one time or another.
    I would love to hear the other members band if they do get together and do something. Nick Menza recorded a cd and you can get it from his website...although I haven't bought it yet. Marty seems like a really nice cool guy. Never met him, but that is the feeling I get from watching the Behind the Music. Also, I thought it was interesting that they didn't interview Nick Menza for the BTM special, but I am sure he is still fuming over being fired, somewhat. I would be!! Trivia Time: Did you know that Marty Friedman played with a former DLR guitarist? YUP, Jason Becker. Thanks guys!!
    MF and JB were in Cacophany!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AlexFan:
    MF and JB were in Cacophany!!!</font>[/QUOTE]Ditto. Wanted to state the same. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Megadeth,come to think of it, was sort of like STP...they were the two bands I thought that were going to keep rock and roll alive and well. Although STP keeps a fresh sound, they really are relavent to the rock world. I am really concerned about the state of rock and roll, I mean you got VH out of the picture here for 4 years, Megadeth just ups and quits, Metalica became a bunch of money grubbing, top 40 pussies, Layne Staley died...it is just so damn depressing.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You guys got the Rude Awakening concert? Dudes, it is so awesome. Dave and the boys come right out play a ton of songs at light speed and don't put up a bunch of bullshit like pyrotechnics or whatever. Yeah, sometimes pyro stuff adds to a show when tastefully done, but some bands over do it.

I regret not being able to see them ever. You know I got a lot of friends who never gave MD an honest listen...yet they followed Metallica like sheep. Anyway, just trying to keep the conversation going. I haven't had my coffee yet, so please forgive me if you can't figure out what the hell I am talking about.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Al Pitrelli's status with Savatage is still a bit of a question. While it was announced that he was back in the band, it has also been announced that Annihilator guitarist Jeff Waters will be touring with the 'Tage for now. No big deal, as Chris Caffery is pretty much the MAN on guitar with Savatage these days anyway, and deservedly so, as he sounds so much like his mentor & Savatage co-founder Criss Oliva, that it's almost spooky at times, and hardly a bad thing to long-time Sava-freaks such as myself! I do hope Al makes it back, though, he and Chris could be one of the best rock guitar tandems on the planet if he does.

As for Megadeth, I dunno... it'll be hard to consider it Megadeth without Mustaine, but it certainly has the basis to be a kickass rock band with it's current lineup of excellent musicians. The "Rude Awakening" DVD kicks copious amounts of ass, btw, definitely a must-have for anyone who digs 'Deth. I really like the straight-forward, kick-ass-without-all-the-frills approach, solid, tight performance that stands up quite nicely on it's own.

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    Al Pitrelli's status with Savatage is still a bit of a question. While it was announced that he was back in the band, it has also been announced that Annihilator guitarist Jeff Waters will be touring with the 'Tage for now. No big deal, as Chris Caffery is pretty much the MAN on guitar with Savatage these days anyway, and deservedly so, as he sounds so much like his mentor & Savatage co-founder Criss Oliva, that it's almost spooky at times, and hardly a bad thing to long-time Sava-freaks such as myself! I do hope Al makes it back, though, he and Chris could be one of the best rock guitar tandems on the planet if he does.
    From what I've read Al just gotta fulfil some contractual obligations he agreed on during his stint with Megadeth. So while Al is doing that he's not able to make it to Savatage's summer tour dates in time. Hence Jeff West is taking over his job for those shows.

Al is gonna participate in the recording of the next Savatage album nonetheless. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

And yes... I do love the 'Tage!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Atomic Punk DLR:
    From what I've read Al just gotta fulfil some contractual obligations he agreed on during his stint with Megadeth. So while Al is doing that he's not able to make it to Savatage's summer tour dates in time. Hence Jeff West is taking over his job for those shows.

Al is gonna participate in the recording of the next Savatage album nonetheless. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

And yes... I do love the 'Tage!
    Dude, the next 'Tage record is gonna fuckin' SMOKE! I can't wait to hear Damond & Jon complimenting each other on vocals and Chris & Al finally EQUALLY sharing the lead duties, should make for some very tasty trade-offs & melody lines indeed!

'Tage freakin' ROCKS!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Call me nuts, but I was always more of a Metallica fan myself.... I'll probably get a lot of shit for saying so......
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    Call me nuts, but I was always more of a Metallica fan myself.... I'll probably get a lot of shit for saying so......
    Dude, we still love you...LOL!! No a lot of the old fans like the older style Metallica. After 1991, that's about when their music went to crap.