Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 974 Times in 391 Posts

at the blockbuster pavillion in devore, ca. should be a cool show. frampton is opening. i'm curious to see how augieri sounds live.

i talked to someone yesterday whjo just saw them in sacramento and said when they started only the young, they had no clue what he was trying so sing [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

we'll see...

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

That's awesome JMJ!

Arrival is one of the best CD's I own, I would love to see that show! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My girlfriend works at a video store and a guy walked in wearing a Journey concert shirt from this tour. Of course, since her dad was blabbering some nonsense about Steve Perry being back (poor, misguided old fool), she decided to ask the person what he thought of the concert.

He was really positive about it.

Agueri (sp) can handle the old songs. I'd wager that's why they chose him.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

What I'm REALLY curious about though is Frampton! How was that?
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

just got back.

seen...frampton kicked major arse man! he rocked big time!

but, i am tired right now [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

i'll let y'all know how it wuz tomorrow.

perry's voice has more depth. augieri was way off on some of the stuff tonight man, but a lot of the times he was fine, sounding exactly like perry.

to me, perry has a stronger voice. u cuold see augieri playin with the songs cuz some notes he couldn't handle.

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw the show in Charlotte and was quite impressed. Frampton was awesome and cool as hell. Journey was right on. Augerri sounded just like Perry 90% of the show which is no easy feat. The only song he sounded weak on was "Don't Stop Believin'". Neal's guitar sounded lost on Message Of Love. Other than those couple of things, Journey was very impressive. Augerri handled himself well and it appears cloning has already been implemented [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

How was Neil?
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

schon was on as usual man, absolutely blistering.

john wait opened at 7:00 and played til 7:30. his band was fuckin tight man! when he introduced his band near the end of their set (btw, they are playing at the whiskey tonight) he said that three of them were from southern states in the U.S. he introduced his guitarist who was from alabama he told the crowd, then his guitarist starts into sweet home alabama. the crowd went nuts but then he started to act like he didn't know the rest of the song. i was all jacked then i was bummed out. that would have been awesome to see and hear. neal came out and jammed one song with them. the played missin you as well.

frampton played for 80 minutes. he was funny. he said he was havin flashbacks and he would act like he was pushin his hair back and shit (he's about bald) and he'd pretend to rip open his shirt. he finished with show me the way. this man can play, i think vai is a big fan of his.

did the bathroom and food stop before journey came on and the women's line was long as hell. so when i went into the john, some women took the liberty of takin a piss in the guy's bathroom. that pissed me off. some fat bitch was all hammer sayin i'm not gonna look i swear. like anyone fuckin cares biatch. go eat another ring ding.

some guy was with his wife/girlfriend waiting for her outside the stall. how dumb can u be to take ur woman into a men's bathroom. that's just lookin for trouble imo.

journey opened with anyway you want it. they closed withbe good to yourself. augieri is good man, i think he's gonna last. some stuff he was off on, but i thiknk he's a good fit for the band.

the absolute best part of the show was the end. it was the drummer's birthday (deen cassanovo) and neal began to play happy birthday to him. two chicks came out with a birthday cake and he was usrprised as all hell! but get this! then deen's son, who looks to be about 12 years old, climbs up onto the drums and starts jammin with schon!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] the kid was fuckin good too man! he kept time and everything. the crowd went mental.

during wheel in the sky, a highway patrol chopper flew overhead and put their lights on us then took off. it seemed scrpited but i dunno. cool nonetheless.

they closed with separate ways and lovin touchin squeezin. schon's guitar was off on one song and he was pissed. he took it off and shoved it at his tech and then grabbed another one and kept playing. he also played a brief solo with amazing grace thrown in there, a very cool rendition of it.

the band is awesome live, but their stage presence and sound is nothing compared to vh. damn good show though. anyone who can see frampton and schon in the same night should go see it!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

the guy next to me said he saw vh with sammy there in 95. one time augieri said something about "right here, right now". and on my way into the stall to take a leak, a kid walked out with a RHRN tour tshirt....black.

all signs pointing to sam now eh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

That sounds like a great show JMJ. What songs did they play from Arrival? Did they play Higher Place, All The Things and We Will Meet Again? Those are my favorites. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    That sounds like a great show JMJ. What songs did they play from Arrival? Did they play Higher Place, All The Things and We Will Meet Again? Those are my favorites. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

they did higher place.

and like one or two more songs from the new album i think...ot of old stuff.

going to see aerosmith tom [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

not a huge fan of journey, but i think that it wouldn't be a bad show. i'd definitely go for frampton though. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow JMJ! Sounds like a great show! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

The stuff about the johns cracked me up!! [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Thanks for the review, JMJ! I'm a big fan of Frampton - would love to see him again...

Where can I find tour dates?

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Frampton came thru Columbia last year sometime and I wasn't familiar with a lot of his stuff. However, by the end of the night, I had a new found respect for the guy!! What an amazing guitar player!! He puts on one incredible show, too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That was about the time his "Behind the Music" came out on VH-1 as well as the 25th Anniversary of "Frampton Comes Alive". I'm sorry to say I STILL don't have that one... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rokgtar:
    Thanks for the review, JMJ! I'm a big fan of Frampton - would love to see him again...

Where can I find tour dates?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

check ticketmaster.com bro

look for frampton. he should be listed with journey as well seeing as if he's playing with them.

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10