Thread: POISON LIVE

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saw the "Hollyweird Tour" last night out here in San Diego.

I know I'm gonna get hammered for this, but I honestly thought that Winger were awesome. Yeah, I know, but blow me, okay? Kip's voice still sounds as it did back in their heyday. They had 3 guitarists with them, Reb Beach and 2 others I didn't recognize. Rod Morgenstern, their original drummer, was with them as well. Faster Pussycat flat out sucked donkey balls. They were all up there in dark, black eyeliner, black nylons and Neo-Nazi regalia.

Cinderella were okay, but nothing to scream about. Tom Kieffer proved himself to be the power hungry, solo-grabbing, center-the-attention-on me idiot that he's always been. Posion came out and rocked. CC contributed to the show with his song "I Hate Every Bone In You Body (But Mine)" from their "Power To The People" album and a very pathetic guitar solo.

The best part of the show, however, was watching all the people. All these women, who were must've been somethin' back in the day, were now bursting out at the seams of their jeans, spandex and anything else they could squeeze into. But, to be fair, there were quite a few hot mama's (and young things) there to make up for all the fuglies that showed up.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Kip Winger is an excellent singer. I've always liked his voice and I'd go to this tour if I had the money...How much time did they have on stage? Reb Beach is also the man and I wish Don Dokken wasn't such a jackass to him.
    I saw Poison last tour and they were fun...very lively. I hate their music, but the girls going on stage was funny. I enjoyed it.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Winger played for about 45 minutes. Cinderella did about an hour, and Posion played for an hour and twenty minutes.

Faster Pussycat played for 30 minutes, which was 30 minutes too long.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rod Morgenstern??

I always thought their original drummer as named Rod Morgenstein. He is a great great drummer for sure!!

Listen to his playing with the Dixie Dregs!! Awesome!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I would like to see Winger play live. I like Kip's voice and I love Reb's guitar playing! Did they play Easy Come Easy Go? That's a wicked song! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I like some Poison songs, but I don't like Cinderella at all, their singer sucks. Also, I didn't like any Faster Pussycat songs that I have heard.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wow!! Welcome to the Winger thread.What songs did they sing?45 mins is way too short.Details man details.

[ June 10, 2002, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: T.RYAN ]
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here ya go!

Set list was as follows:
    Blind Revolution Mad
    Madalaine
    Down Incognito
    Miles Away
    Rainbow In The Rose
    Solo
    You Are The Saint, I Am The Sinner
    Headin' for a Heartbreak
    Can't Get Enuff
    Seventeen

I recorded the show, too. Except for a few times when I had to hide the mic due to security (Winger performed while it was still daylight), the sound is clear.

Gotta love MD recorders!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 974 Times in 391 Posts

my cousin saw this tour. he said CC still fuckin sucks

said winger was awesome. said he really dug the 3 part harmonies on vox and guitar.

also said the lead singer from cinderella impressed him singing, playing piano, lead guitar, and sax.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    my cousin saw this tour. he said CC still fuckin sucks

said winger was awesome. said he really dug the 3 part harmonies on vox and guitar.

JMJ
    Yeah, I seem to remember some booing coming from the back of the venue while he was onstage.

Winger did rock, though.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I can't stand people who bash the whole 80's metal scene. Yeah some of the bands from that time period sucked but their was a lot of good music too. Winger were always a better band than people gave them credit for and Kip Winger is a very talented musician with his vocals and lyrics. Don't just judge the guy based on the song seventeen. The whole MTV thing with Metallica and Beavis and Butthead really painted these guys very unfairly. It's a wonder why I can't stomach MTV for even a mili second anymore.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    Here ya go!

Set list was as follows:
    Blind Revolution Mad
    Madalaine
    Down Incognito
    Miles Away
    Rainbow In The Rose
    Solo
    You Are The Saint, I Am The Sinner
    Headin' for a Heartbreak
    Can't Get Enuff
    Seventeen

I recorded the show, too. Except for a few times when I had to hide the mic due to security (Winger performed while it was still daylight), the sound is clear.

Gotta love MD recorders!!!
    Shit I wish I was there that would have been sweet.But there is about 5 or 6 songs I'd add to that.
    How was Miles Away? It's one of my favorite ballads.
    And Mario VH I agree,Don't bash it Because I know you all still listen to it as well. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

And dude, I gotta get a copy of that tape let me know how I can.
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:19 PM
    Liked 548 Times in 329 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Man, no way I spend any money to go see a 45 minute set by the only band in the lineup that's worth anything.

I fuckin hate Poison. Brett Michaels can't sing AT ALL.

I'm not sure I'd go if it was free, I'd spend more time driving than watching.

I'll stick to Styx and Foreigner for my 80's retreds.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm working on trying to copy from MD to my computer.

I found a couple of shareware/freeware programs that enabled me to do so, but they were just trial versions, and only allowed for 40 seconds of recording. If I wanted to use the entire version I had to pay anywhere from $20-$30.

As for 80's music, I will stack just about any 80's hair metal band up against any rap-metal band from today's music scene. Winger is one of my guilty pleasures, and I've never had anything bad to say about them. I even saw them on their final tour right before they broke up. It was in a club here in San Diego and they tore that club apart!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey Vince, tell me more about that MD recorder? I'm thinking about gretting one, but I know very little about it
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I don't know about Poison, but I saw Warrant a few years ago and they rocked [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    Uncle Tom's Cabin kicks ass [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad