Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

BOB DAISLEY: Recent OZZY Reissues Are Insult To RANDY RHOADS' Memory - July 10, 2002

Former OZZY OSBOURNE bassist Bob Daisley is continuing his fight in the court of public opinion over the fact that OZZY's early solo albums were recently re-issued with re-recorded bass and drum tracks courtesy of current OSBOURNE bassist Robert Trujillo and drummer Mike Bordin.

Speaking to Chart Attack, Daisley acknowledged being responsible for all of the lyrics on Blizzard Of Ozz, Diary Of A Madman, Bark At The Moon and Ultimate Sin, not to mention being called in at the last minute to lay down bass for No Rest For The Wicked and No More Tears when OZZY was desperate and needed the job done by someone who could be counted on to do it right.

"OZZY didn't write lyrics," said Daisley." He never wrote lyrics in SABBATH Geezer Butler wrote all those lyrics and Randy [Rhoads] wasn't a lyricist, and Lee Kerslake wasn't a lyricist, so I took over the lyricist job."

With respect to the recent reissues, the bassist revealed that "I kind of expected it in one way that they would want to do something to either piss us off, or whatever, and insulting us I expect, but when it comes to insulting the memory of [late guitarist] Randy Rhoads....

"Geez, good timing there, OZZY," he continued, adding, "It's about the 20th anniversary of Randy's death and right after the anniversary the albums come out within a few days.

"That's a real insult to the memory of Randy because he doesn't even get a say in who they put his playing with," Daisley said. "His mother is pissed off about it. I talked to Mrs Rhoads about it because I still talk to her once and a while."

"OZZY doesn't play an instrument and he's not all that musical," Daisley replied when asked about the origins of the group's early material. "He's got good ideas as far as melodies go, but usually the melodies came after the music had been put together, and most of the music [on Blizzard] was put together by me and Randy, and for the second album, me, Randy and Lee."

"I guess they got pissed off because of the loyalty between me and Lee," said Daisley who recalled OZZY wanting to replace Kerslake with Tommy Aldridge early on. "They wanted to control things, so they got rid of Lee and they got rid of me with him. And that was right at the end we'd finished the last few notes of Diary Of A Madman and the album wasn't even mixed."

"They put these albums out without any notification on the front saying 'This isn't the original band this isn't the original recordings'," explained Daisley. "People could buy them out of ignorance, not knowing, and get them home and think 'What the fuck is this!'"

[ July 12, 2002, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have heard that Ozzy has employed people like Lemmy to write lyrics and I have also heard that Zakk has written lyrics for Ozzy. I would not be surprised if Bob Daisley wrote all those lyrics, considering how much of a blabbering idiot Ozzy is. Bob is credited with writing, and to what degree, I do not know, I always assumed it was for music, but maybe it is music and lyrics???

hmmmmm [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

At least according to the linear notes from the album "Bark At The Moon" Ozzy wrote ALL the lyrics on that album. If he's lying about it, that's pretty blatant.

Look, Ozzy is not perfect and far from a Saint. But I'm inclinded to believe that he wrote some of his lyrics himself over the course of the years.

It's true he has had a LOT of help over the years from some talented people such as Tony Iommi, Randy Rhoads contributions on the first two solo albums and even help from other artists over the years, ranging from Lemmi from Motorhead (helped Ozzy on "Mama I'm Coming Home" and "Hellraiser" to Steve Vai, who helped Ozzy write the song "My Little Man"....but I am quite confident that he wouldn't blatently lie about the writing he has done.

Just because he has done a shitty thing with the re-issues of the first 2 solo albums doesn't mean that he didn't write ANY lyrics over his long career.

I don't believe that for a second!

BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

As said above, sure he had help from a lot of talented people. I bet he at least co wrote most of the lyrics. Look, if someone comes up with a bad ass lyric, you would be stupid not to use it. I don't have any problem with Ozzy. I mostly listen to the music anyway being a geetar player.
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

As long as Sharon doesn't write the words I will be alright with the Ozzman
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

yeah but Ozzy and Sharon owe Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake alot of money in back roaylaties unpaid...also....

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    yeah but Ozzy and Sharon owe Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake alot of money in back roaylaties unpaid...also....
    I agree that what Ozzy and Sharon did with the re-issues of the first 2 albums was BEYOND contemptuous, but I don't believe that Ozzy did not write ANY of his songs...I guess ultimately I have NO PROOF either way on this matter, but I refuse to believe he could have gotten away ALL THESE years with not writing ANY of his song lyrics and only JUST NOW is this "truth" surfacing!

I don't believe that is the case.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"The truth is out there." [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I figure Ozzy wrote most of the lyrics, a lot of them say that he co-wrote them though.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think Ozzy has done some writing, but I think it is limited though. How much we probably will never know, but I remember back in the 80's knowing that Geezer Butler was the main LYRICIST for Black Sabbath(at least the ozzy years)...of course Dio wrote his own lyrics though...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know for a fact that.....

1) Lee Kerslake wrote various songs on his own in Uriah Heep. So that should prove that he's capable of writing.

2) Ozzy wrote the lyrics to Sabbath's Am I Going Insane (Radio).
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And as I stated earlier, the ENTIRE lyrics to the album "Bark At The Moon" were written by Ozzy Osbourne witn NO collaborators. At least that is what is said on the record (or CD) if you look at it.

So either that is a blatent LIE , or Ozzy IS capable of writing songs by himself.

If I remember right, Ozzy wrote everything by himself on "Bark..." because it was just after Randy had died and he did not feel he was ready to collaborate with another artist on his songs...

BC

(P.S. I suppose Ozzy COULD have been LYING about solo writing credits on "Bark At The Moon" after all he does sing a (unreleased) song called "The Liar" LOL )

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    And as I stated earlier, the ENTIRE lyrics to the album "Bark At The Moon" were written by Ozzy Osbourne witn NO collaborators. At least that is what is said on the record (or CD) if you look at it.

So either that is a blatent LIE , or Ozzy IS capable of writing songs by himself.

If I remember right, Ozzy wrote everything by himself on "Bark..." because it was just after Randy had died and he did not feel he was ready to collaborate with another artist on his songs...

BC

(P.S. I suppose Ozzy COULD have been LYING about solo writing credits on "Bark At The Moon" after all he does sing a (unreleased) song called "The Liar" LOL )
    well I don't know about writing ENTIRE songs by himself, but lyrics??? I guess....only the shadow knows...

we do know that Ozzy uses alot of collaborators....

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't doubt Daisley's story at all. I mean, we've all seen The Osbournes. The man can barely carry on an intelligible conversation for more than a few minutes, much less spend hours writing lyrics that make sense to anyone but himself. He has admitted himself that he has a pretty severe case of dyslexia and ADD. Those two disorders don't lend themselves to lyric writing. I'll give Ozzy the benefit of the doubt that he co-wrote some of his lyrics, but there is no way he wrote them all solo - regardless of what the liner notes say.
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by P1:
    I don't doubt Daisley's story at all. I mean, we've all seen The Osbournes. The man can barely carry on an intelligible conversation for more than a few minutes, much less spend hours writing lyrics that make sense to anyone but himself. He has admitted himself that he has a pretty severe case of dyslexia and ADD. Those two disorders don't lend themselves to lyric writing. I'll give Ozzy the benefit of the doubt that he co-wrote some of his lyrics, but there is no way he wrote them all solo - regardless of what the liner notes say.
    Very strong points indeed, and hey man I love Ozzy!!!!

hehe...