All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

From www.melodicrock.com

QUEENSRYCHE - MINUS ONE GUITARIST:
    From the news section of Queensryche.com comes confirmation that guitarist Kelly Gray is no longer with the band. From what I heard, it has been this way for several months now.
    That obviously leaves room for a guitarist to join the band. And as mentioned here on April 2 this year, it's almost certain that Chris DeGarmo will rejoin the band.
    Geoff Tate and Michael Wilton have a big weekend coming up in June. Geoff will have a CD release party at Seattle's EMP museum, with Michael's new side project, Soulbender, opening the show. After both bands play, there is supposed to be a jam session "with friends". Sounds interesting!
    Thanks to Matt for that info.
    As yet, no hint of when an official announcement on the replacement will be made, but I would expect it soon.

Also, Chris recently did an interview with Geoff in March for the upcoming DVD-audio release of "Empire".
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds cool, but I don't see it happening. Melodicrock has a knack for making major leaps of faith and logic when it comes to "reunions."
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Holy shit!!! DAMN I hope that turns out to be true! Kelly Gray never fit, and the band was just not the same since Chris left.

As a HUGE 'Ryche and DeGarmo fan, this would make me almost as happy as a real Van Halen reunion!

Seeing as there's no bad blood between these guys the way there is between Dave & Ed, there's a VERY good chance it could happen. Geoff Tate and Chris DeGarmo also did a recent interview together, definitely a good sign!

*fingers crossed*

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

That's good news. Q2K sounded too grungy to me. It had some good songs though. I wish that they would make another album like Empire, that's my favorite QR record.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

At least one band seems to have overcome the disease known as Ray Danniels.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

This is my favorite Queensryche song - it rips!:

Queen of the Reich

In the dead of night
    She'll come and take you away
    Searing beams of light and thunder
    Over blackened plains
    She will find her way

Flying high through the night
    She will hide your fate
    As she takes your soul from under
    And the blinding light of the castle fades

There is no escape
    It's the ending of your precious life

Your soul slipped away
    It belongs to the Queen of the Reich
    The Queen of the Reich
    Yeah she's coming for you

You're fading away
    Your life cast astray
    A victim the beast shall obtain

The light will not shine
    For you'll die tonight at her shrine
    And black is the last thing you'll see

Over and over
    Dreams of dying fill your head
    It's the sign of the cross
    That you'll find ahead

No one will answer
    The light is fading away
    Captive souls are screaming out in pain

There is no escape
    It's the ending of your precious life

Your soul slipped away
    It belongs to the Queen of the Reich
    You're fading away, No, No, No
    The Queen of the Reich
    You're slipping away, yeah
    The Queen of the Reich

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    That's good news. Q2K sounded too grungy to me. It had some good songs though. I wish that they would make another album like Empire, that's my favorite QR record.
    Then you might not like DeGarmo back in QR. Listen to his last project with Sean Kinney, it's very grungy as well.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, I thought their early stuff was best...
    back in the 206 records days (God I still wish I had that EP!! That thing is worth big bucks now!!)

That tune was actually sort of Maiden-esque, if I recall
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Diver Down NJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    Then you might not like DeGarmo back in QR. Listen to his last project with Sean Kinney, it's very grungy as well.</font>[/QUOTE]Actually 'Ryche kind of started in that direction with Chris' last record with the band; "Hear in the Now Frontier", which was still a much better record than Q2k. My biggest problem was that after having seen Queensryche 15 times live, they were always dead-on perfect, and were still pretty close to it on the Q2k tour, except for the fact that while Michael Wilton still plays every solo note-for-note perfectly, on the handful of solos (mostly Chris') Kelly Gray did, he fuckin' stepped all over them, going all Kirk Hammett with the wah and very loosely interpreting Chris' stuff, which is blasphemy to any hardcore 'Ryche fan, and just doesn't fit in at all with the professionalism of the rest of the guys.

Anyway, here's hoping it happens, and that it won't be the last good news we get on the reunion front this year!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    Yeah, I thought their early stuff was best...
    back in the 206 records days (God I still wish I had that EP!! That thing is worth big bucks now!!)

That tune was actually sort of Maiden-esque, if I recall
    I've actually still got that EP packed in storage with the rest of my old vinyl stuff. (I really need to buy a turntable one day...) I'd agree that much of their early stuff had a bit of a Maiden vibe to it, especially the guitars, but like most great bands, they definitely added their own twist to it. Great fuckin' record, though... "Queen of the Ryche", "The Lady Wore Black" & "Prophecy" (added later) in particular are all-time great metal tunes.

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Then you might not like DeGarmo back in QR. Listen to his last project with Sean Kinney, it's very grungy as well.</font>[/QUOTE]That sucks, I have never heard any of his albums outside of QR. I like Queensryche mainly because of Geoff's incredible voice. The last QR record with DeGarmo Hear In The Now Frontier wasn't that great either. I liked Q2K better than Hear In The Now Frontier, it rocked more.

Do you have QR Live Evolution on DVD? It's awesome! I was watching it earlier today, it's my favorite live DVD that own.

The sound and picture are also much better on Live Evolution, than the Operation Livecrime DVD.

[ May 15, 2002 at 04:36 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]</p>
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've learned to appreciate HITNF more in recent months. Giving it more listens, I think the songwriting is very strong. And I appreciate the fact that the band tried to strip away a lot of the '80s bombast and excess. I just think they went a little too far. In particular, Scott's drums sound neutered.

I think what could have been a very good album was done in by poor production and even worse engineering.

That being said, I'm on record as saying Promised Land is QR's best effort.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've learned to appreciate HITNF more in recent months. Giving it more listens, I think the songwriting is very strong. And I appreciate the fact that the band tried to strip away a lot of the '80s bombast and excess. I just think they went a little too far. In particular, Scott's drums sound neutered.

I think what could have been a very good album was done in by poor production and even worse engineering.

That being said, I'm on record as saying Promised Land is QR's best effort.
    Great points and I agree with everything but the last line, Promised Land had some really inspired and great moments, but for me at least, it doesn't come close to either Empire, Mindcrime, Rage for Order or even HITNF, which despite its different approach, I thought was a great record. It's all subjective though, and I would have to agree that the Promised Land tour was easily one of the best live performances I've ever witnessed, from ANY band, very cool concept!

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by lovemachine97:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Diver Down NJ:
    Then you might not like DeGarmo back in QR. Listen to his last project with Sean Kinney, it's very grungy as well.</font>[/QUOTE]Not just with Sean Kinney of AIC but also Mike Inez of AIC and Ozzy, and Vinny teh singer from Songe. The band was called Spys4Darwin and put out an EP available online.</font>[/QUOTE]That ep was horrible! I had such high-hopes, too! Oh,well! The band members of 'Ryche are currently doing side-projects: Geoff has a solo record hitting shelves in late June/early July, Michael Wilton (who is actually the one member who didn't get along with Chris!!!) has his own band as does Scott Rockenfeld! Hopefully, they're just temporary!
    I hope they make a record influenced by Rage for Order thru the Promised (highly under-rated disc!) Land-era. There used to be a rumor that they have another concept-record a'la Mindcrime in the idea-department (pre-DeGarmo's departure), so maybe they'll try to have a modern spin on this idea. (Don't get me wrong-Mindcrime is an excellent CD-just the theme is kind of 'dated'!)
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

QUEENSRŸCHE Frontman Posts MP3 Online, Announces Solo Gigs - May 16, 2002

QUEENSRŸCHE frontman Geoff Tate has posted a low-quality MP3 of the track "Off The TV", taken from his upcoming self-titled solo debut, at this location. In other news, THE GEOFF TATE BAND has lined up the following live dates during late June/early July:

Jun. 22 - Seattle, WA @ Sky Church
    Jun. 26 - Denver, CO @ Gothic
    Jun. 27 - Omaha, NE @ Ranch Bowl
    Jun. 29 - Bottineau, ND @ Festival Show
    Jul. 05 - St. Louis, MO @ Quest
    Jul. 06 - Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues

More dates will be announced shortly.

Geoff Tate is due through Sanctuary Records on June 25th.

[ May 16, 2002 at 05:48 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>