Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anybody heard of these guys?
    There like a cross between the Foo Fighters and Cream. It will make sense when you here them. Their music is heavy but the vocals are damn near angelic. They have a song on the Heavy Metal 2000 soundtrack and a video for their song "The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret" that I've seen once on 120 minutes. Did anyone catch them at Ozzfest this year?

------------------
    "You know, there are more people here tonight... than the entire weekend last year, baby." -DLR
    "He's the snake to my mongoose... or the mongoose to my snake... either way its bad." -Dr. Evil

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've mentioned these guys here a few months ago. Anyone heard them yet? They kick ass. Fat riffs, melodic vaocals, driving beats. They won the rolling stone reader's poll for best rock band of the year. Anyone?

------------------
    "You know, there are more people here tonight... than the entire weekend last year, baby." -DLR
    "He's the snake to my mongoose... or the mongoose to my snake... either way its bad." -Dr. Evil

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Still haven't heard them yet.

------------------
    ENOUGH IS ENOUGH EDDIE, ALEX, MIKE & DAVE.

*****I AM THE OLIVER STONE OF VHLINKS*****

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude? QOTSA rock, first time I heard them was on KISW here in Seattle and ever since I always thought their music was way cool. I always think now when I hear that one song it totally rimindes me of a 90's Steve Miller Band. He sounds just like SM I think.

------------------
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags

Well, let me roll up onto the sidewalk and take a look kids!?, Woah!!!

G4 guitar files at www.freedrive.com under No Bozo's. Username and password are vhlinks.

[This message has been edited by Eyes of the Night (edited January 27, 2001 at 10:08 AM).]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I wanted to see them so bad at Ozzfest, but I only caught the last part of their last song. But from what I heard, they sound killer. I've heard nothing but good things about 'em.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Never heard of 'em. I guess I should check them out huh?

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you have Napster VG?

------------------
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags

Well, let me roll up onto the sidewalk and take a look kids!?, Woah!!!

G4 guitar files at www.freedrive.com under No Bozo's. Username and password are vhlinks.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The Pageant is the worst venue in St. Louis!!!!!! How the fuck can you not allow people to stand up in the balcony??? WTF?? Ever heard of ROCK N ROLL??? I should have known what a joke this place was afta Ize saw that Rick Springfield(Sammy's tunesmith )is scheduled to play there. I'll say this, though, the Fageant does have the market on hiring WHITE TRASH BOUNCER FUCKSTICKS!!!!!! Lemme tell ya all 'bout it nah...

Me and my drummer, Destruction, made it to the concerto at the end of the opener's set, I believe they were They Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead. Not really diggin' 'em, but watched two brownskin sugar plum honeys bumpin' and grindin'...got my slurp on some Newcastle...an' then the mighty QOTSA trotted onstage an' juzz proceeded to rock n roll with a jelly roll stroll!!!!! They were heavy!! HEAVY!! Mixin' ol' an' new cuts...one reviewer has likened them to Slayer jamming with Tom Waits and John Bonham(Dave Grohl played drums on their 3rd album, but to my chagrin couldn't play drums in St.Louie cuz his Foo Fighter gig was startin' up)...a highlight for me was when Mark Lanegan(of Screaming Trees fame...he's like a modern day Jim Morrison to me)strolled out on stage an' sang some toons. That was very, very cool!!!!!!

Mark Lanegan has that grain alcohol and gravel voice... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

The fuckin hellhole known as the pageant has all theze dumbfuck rules--can't drink here, can't do that--what a bunch of NAZIS!!!!!! Chris Robinson didn't put up with their bullshit when The Black Crowes played there! Me and Destruction went up to the balcony to groove, drink, and chill and this redneck mullet bouncer buzzkill starts hagglin' us 'bout we gotta move or sit down or some shit. He pushes Destruction, Destruction pushes back. WE WERE ASSAULTED FIRST!!!!!! Next thing I know, Ize look down to see the band juss cookin' along and I turn 'round to see that the HOOSIER bouncer has put my friend in a headlock(a cheap shot, of course, we were all tanked an' tryin' to groove to the atomic blues of the QOTSA). So ol' Loons come barrelin' up the steps and starts to regulate. A ruckus and a tussle ensue and we get thrown outta the fuckin' dump 'fore the band is even finished playing.

FUCK! FUCK THE PAGEANT!! They'll never see another penny from me--I wouldn't even go back if Dave played there...well, maybe...but that place iz a fucking shithole--tellin' me to sit down, what is this grade school? Got to be fuckin' kiddin' me!!!!!!

Make sho' an' catch this a here band live if y'all can--they are some solid sendin' mofos fo sho yez yez yez well well well well...all right...well all righty then...juzz as sho as my name...so large Ize need a barge...Oh Law'd hab mercy...

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    I take you had somewhat of a bad gig there Loons. But I now know where NOT to see a show though. Thanks for the tip. Like the Lipans say, "no need hangin' the dogs are runnin'." Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.