Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

03.10.06 @ 10:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess I'm one of the few people that is not pissed off at Lars. I can't blame the guy for wanting Napster shut down. I'm sure that it was cutting into album sales for not only his band, but other bands as well. If I was him I'd probably do the same. Napster was cool and I'm sorry it's gone. If it wasn't Lars that spoke up it would of been somebody else.
    I'm also tired of people saying Metallica sold out. How did they sell out? What because they're not 20 years old anymore and they toned down a little bit. Hey they grew up. They got older and got married and started families. All they have done is stay together for 20 years and continue to make music. Maybe everyone would like them to be like the Stones or Eagles and break up for a few years then do a comeback tour so they can charge $200 a ticket.Get off their back. The Metallica bashing seemed to start with the Black album. That's when everyone started to listen to them. I think that's what started all this shit that they sold out. The Metallica fan base grew and the fans that have been there from the begining didn't like it. Show me one bad Metallica album. I don't see one. Get off Lars and the guys backs.In the words of Jason Newsted" Ya we sold out. Ever show we played".
    There aren't too many real rock bands left anymore. Most of the new music is this bullshit hard rock/rap combo. White guys trying to rap. Would I rather hear Metallica and Van Halen or Limp Biskit and Kid Rock. That's a tough one.

Red Rocker Face Down in Cabo!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 06:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am not pissed at Lars at all. His stance on Napster is just his opinion. I don't think he's been greedy at all, he's just being honest.

As far as the "free music" thing, get into radio, you'll get as many free CD's as you want, all with orignial sleeves and the whole nine yards, and it's all FREE. Plus no time is wasted downloading and burning.

As far as the "selling out" thing, after playing all that speed metal shit for so many years, don't you think they need some change. I just think a lot of people just happend to like what they were doing at the time.

Has Metallica created contrived and planned music that would appeal to mass audiences???? Hell yes, isn't that the idea behind most music.

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

I've said it before, though I think sueing Napster was a mistake from a PR standpoint, I totally understand Metallica's point on this. I have Napster, though I don't use it very often, and I'm not going to be heartbroken if/when it ceases to be.

The "Metallica has sold out" arguement doesn't hold alot of water for me. I don't see how you can expect them to keep releasing Master of Puppets forever. They have to stretch their creative wings and do what they want to. It's funny how we like to throw around the theory of them selling out, yet we can justify the Crystal Pepsi use of Right Now.

I wonder (and I started a thread on this once) what the collective opinion would be if VH had come forward and supported the Napster lawsuit on Metallica's side.

And at least Lars and Metallica are honest enough about what they're doing. Alot of artists would probably tell the fans they're ignoring it and then send the lawyers into battle; at least Metallica haven't been deceptive about that.

More perks than Elvis' night stand!!!

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

10.21.16 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 130 Times in 83 Posts

Lars is a greedy, arrogant, idiot!

Metallica is a joke, and I would be VERY happy if they never released another album again!!!

That's just my opinion.

Right Now you're reading my post!
    She's a vision from coast to coast...
    Kicking back ain't kicking you...
    Don't disturb my paradise,
    i've asked you once, I asked you nice...
    Up Front Fanatics!

Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i can certainly justify the CRYSTAL PEPSI thing, they were going to change one note and use it anyway.

as far as METALLICA i agree with everything you guys said.

the problem i have with METALLICA is they sided with the record companies. how come they have never been charged with price gauging. $12 for a cassette, "are you pulling my leg till my ears don't work"