Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone seen this Icons show they've been airing on MTV? Well this past Fiday evening I went out drinking with a few friends from work. Get home and this Icons show is on and Aerosmith is the featured artist. They get to this part in the show where they say how "Aerosmith has outlasted the trends etc. etc. and all the wanna be posers had fallen by the wayside" or something similar to that. When the narrator said the "wanna be's" crack they showed clips of a bunch of 80s metal bands AND a clip of Van Halen(part of the "Panama" video!) [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Needless to say, I FLIPPED [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] I think I actually set a new record in using the f word in one sentence. Even to insinuate that VH was/is ANYTHING like Aerosmith is a complete joke. Joe Perry HATED Eddie when VH1 came out because Ed flat out HUMILIATED his guitar playing. Ed said "hi" to him at a party once and the jealous jerk-off wouldn't even shake Eddies hand. But I guess due to the "current" state of things this is how the younger generation sees it. Aerosmith are rock and roll icons and Van Halen is a washed up one hit wonder poser band who can't find a singer they can work with. [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the KING of ten fingers and six strings, Mr. Edward Van Halen!!!"- DLR @the '83 US Festival<br /><br />"MY NAME IS FRANKENSTRAT!!"-Gene Wilder,1974-Young Frankenstrat

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/"5150"
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/"5150"
    Last Online

02.09.12 @ 04:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I saw that as well and hit the roof when they through VH into that category of bands.

I love (old) Aerosmith, but I think they've totally sold the band down the river to attract the "MTV kids". Can you imagine VH on stage with Britney & 'N Sync??? No f-ing way!! I think I would rather see VH do nothing than sell out to be Carson Daley cool.
    New England Patriots.
    Super Bowl XXXVI Champions
    Super Bowl XXXVIII Champions
    Super Bowl XXXIX Champions

"My favorite ring is the next one..." - Tom Brady

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Aerosmith=Aeroshit...

They sold there souls to get into heavy rotation on MTV. If thats what it takes to get an MTV Icons show..I hope VH never get one.

[ July 22, 2002, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: DiverDowninKY ]
    "Just when you think you have the rat race won,,,they come up with faster rats." DLR<br /><br /><a href="http://www.chris.vanhalenlive.com" target="_blank">VH boot List</a>

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Since this is about Aeroshyte I'll move it to Music Only.

By the way, MTV sucks castrated balls. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

5150,Balance,VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake,Best Of Both Worlds (live)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That was such a travesty.I swear Aerosmith is trying to make me not like them

That was the worst!! Papa Roach singing "Sweet Emotion"?? I have nightmares about that.Train doing "Dream On" was the only good one out of the whole show.

You think they could have had people who were actually influenced by Aerosmith.Kid Rock and Train were but Shakira?? Pink??? That was just a shame.

And dissing VH like that was totally not cool.Whether or not you like Sammy and/or Dave they are both originals,there is no one like them.Tyler is a poor man's Mick Jagger.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 11,545 Times in 4,919 Posts

MTV is just trying to get back at VH still over the '96 thing. They should just get over it already, dumbasses.

I saw that Icons thing a while ago, my friends I spent the whole time goofing on the performers and how lame Aerocrap is now. Papa Roach doing "Sweet Emotion" was quite possibly the worst rendition of that song I have ever heard, I've heard bar bands do it better. Eddie pissed on Joe's playing 25 years ago, did more in one album than Joe has done in his whole career. Screw him and screw that sell-out teenage nonsense shit they put out now.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

what a joke...they should have had bands that REALLY were influenced by Aerosmith...

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

balance
    Favorite VH Song

baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

anybody seen aeroshit's new video "girls of summer" oh my fucking god. my friends had to restrain me for an hour because i wanted to remove the portion of my brain that held that memory with a fork. it still pains me to think about it now, hey, theres a screwdriver over there on the desk.....................

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Ed's Middle Finger:
    anybody seen aeroshit's new video "girls of summer" oh my fucking god. my friends had to restrain me for an hour because i wanted to remove the portion of my brain that held that memory with a fork. it still pains me to think about it now, hey, theres a screwdriver over there on the desk.....................
    I just laughed so loud that half my Co. just looked in on me to find out what was so funny!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>