Register

Thread: ZZ Top Box Set!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 1,342 Times in 920 Posts

ZZ Top Combing The Archives For Box Set

A new ZZ Top album is due in the first quarter of next year via RCA. But fans of the Texas rock trio may find even more to get excited about with a multi-CD set that could also come in 2003. "This should be a very, very interesting box set," guitarist Billy Gibbons tells Billboard.com. "Organizers of that package have dug out some previously unreleased sides and found some live material that none of us even knew existed. There's also some oddball stuff, extended versions, different mixes, and remix versions. By and large, it should be fun to listen to."

Gibbons says the set will include a minimum of four CDs, and while the "next official ZZ release will be a BMG product, the box set may be under another outfit." Meanwhile, the group begins a European trek Oct. 1 in Helsinki, Finland. More touring will come early next year, including another North American run and a previously announced return to RodeoHouston at the city's Reliant Stadium. "I wouldn't be surprised to see the trucks fire up around February and March," Gibbons reports. "We'll take a nice little holiday and then get back to spankin' the plank."

-- Ray Waddell, Nashville

Another great old-time band comin' out with some new stuff - gotta love it!

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Aw yeah! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fuck, it took 'em long enough!! Some of their more recent stuff hasn't exactly set the world on fire!!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most excellent! Here's to Billy & crew bringing their show to Florida!

Thanks for the info billy007.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

09.23.12 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

About freakin' time! Hope they pull out some good archives, I've got everthing they ever put out.