Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

"I Am Mine," the first single from Pearl Jam's upcoming album "Riot Act," is being previewed online beginning today (Sept. 13) via AOL's First Listen (keyword: First Listen) program and Netscape Music. The track, which AOL has exclusively for three days, goes to U.S. radio outlets Wednesday for airplay consideration and will be released Oct. 8 as a commercial single. "Riot Act" arrives Nov. 12 via Epic.

The group has also confirmed the full track list for the set, which, at 15 tracks, ranks as Pearl Jam's longest album to date. A handful of the songs, such as opener "Can't Keep" and "Thumbing My Way," were premiered earlier this year by frontman Eddie Vedder during solo concerts in California. The folk-tinged "I Am Mine," which is musically reminiscent of such prior favorites as "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" and "Better Man," was debuted by the full band at last year's Bridge School Benefit concert.

The new set was produced by Pearl Jam with Adam Kasper and mixed by frequent collaborator Brendan O'Brien. The group is expected to return to the live stage with a few shows later this year, before launching a world tour in early 2003.

Here is the tracklist for "Riot Act":

"Can't Keep"
    "Save You"
    "Love Boat Captain"
    "Cropduster"
    "Ghost"
    "I Am Mine"
    "Thumbing My Way"
    "You Are"
    "Get Right"
    "Green Disease"
    "helphelp"
    "Bushleaguer"
    "1/2 Full"
    "Arc"
    "All or None"

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sweet!!!! Thanks for the info man. I love Pearl Jam!

I'll be buying this new CD!

BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

By the end of 2003, Pearl Jam will probably have the world record for the most major label releases in the least amount of time — well over 100 in three years. Of course, only two of the discs will have been studio albums.

As with their Binaural tour, during which the band recorded all 72 shows for 72 different double CDs, every concert on the band's upcoming jaunt will be preserved on tape for later release, said a band spokesperson. At present, Pearl Jam are finalizing the routing for their next world tour, and plan to announce dates in the coming weeks.

The band will be touring behind its new album Riot Act, which comes out November 12. The disc was produced by Adam Kasper and Pearl Jam and mixed by Brendan O'Brien. Bassist Jeff Ament contributed to the album artwork along with Brad Klausen and Kelly Gilliam.

The first single from Riot Act, "I Am Mine," will be released to radio September 18. The tune starts with a mystical strum reminiscent of something from Led Zeppelin III, then shifts into a swaying, organic, keyboard-inflected track that sounds at times like an Irish drinking song.

For half the verses, Eddie Vedder sings in a wobbly voice that's almost below his range. The vocal tone works to enhance the song's theme of mortality and self-sufficiency: "I know I was born and I know that I'll die/ The in-between is mine/ I am mine."