Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Loons
    Holy gabbagonius I saw an incredible rocknroll show last night! Awesome show from the artists formerly known as Mookie Blaylock. WOW! Here's a band that knows how to mix up their stadium tour setlist(unlike Van Hagar!). Amazing energy and stage presence...SUCK ON all you PJ haters with your O they only made one good album BULLSHIT!!!!!!Pearl Jam is out on the road,tearin' the roof off--where the hell is Van Halen?

Setlist

opener--Of the girl
    (not in order)
    Go
    Animal
    Wishlist
    Given to fly
    Breakerfall
    Elderly Woman...
    State of Love and Trust
    Once
    Hail Hail
    U--a Prince cover YEAH A COVER TUNE MOFOS(Eddie said they'd never played it live before)
    Daughter--with cool call and response sing a longs crazy make em ups
    Better Man
    Footsteps w/Eddie on harp
    Even Flow
    some Floyd-esque jams and one Van Rothin'-esque finale jam
    Do the evolution
    In my tree
    Last Kiss(a great cover and whoa Matt Cameron is a skin-poundin' god!!!!!!)
    Sonic Reducer(a Dead boys cover YEAH A FUGGIN' COVER TUNE--a great tune with its punk rage and I loved LOVED that they didn't play Jeremy or Alive or Black...they played it in '97 so again,a band that knows how to vary their god damned set list)
    closer--Yellow Ledbetter w/McCready shinin'

Three cover tunes,some Ralph Nader talkin',great stage setup,this giant disco ball emerged fo one tune t00 c00l!,great geetar pickin'(Eddie Vedder had a cool black bodied,maple neck axe,McCready had all kindsa cool guitars including a flyin' V,Stone Gossard had some sweet Les Pauls and was funky and fluid as usual((McCready took flight on some cool solos)),Jeff Ament was awesome on bass as expected,and Cameron really laid down the heavy beats),awesome psychedelic lights and the like,lots of honeys everywhere I turned(hey prettly goll),WHAT A SHOW!!!!!!

If you want to see a great rock concerto,then check out Pearl Jam peeps. Sweet ginger brown it was the show of the year yes indeed!!!!!!

------------------
    Check out these a here blues: www.fatpossum.com

crossing_over
    hey man tell to Rafter he´s a mega PearlJam Fan

------------------
    I reach across to the other side to make contact with you.You fill my dreams.I wanna tell you,tell me why you´re crossing over...

Loons
    I forgot that they played Light Years...and maybe Insignifficance(sp?) and Rearviewmirror...the icing on the cake was listening to Van Halen live in Providence '81 as we lurched out of the ampitheatre(sp?)...

------------------
    Check out these a here blues: www.fatpossum.com

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That setlist you got was cool. I went to a show in memphis and here is the one we got:

Of The Girl
    Last Exit
    Animal
    Grievance
    Curduroy
    Tremor Christ
    Nothing As It Seems (Mike was tearin it up,he rocks)
    Wishlist (everyone sang the entire song)
    Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis cover)
    Given To Fly
    In My Tree (cameron did great on this one)
    Even Flow (pretty good version)
    I Got Shit (i love that damn song)
    Better Man / Save It For Later
    Black (holy shit mike was destroying this solo!!)
    Insignifficance
    Rearviewmirror
    Breakerfall
    Do The Evolution (ed changed the lyrics to "i'm a thief i'm a liar i'm the king lets sing in my choir)
    Thin Air (ed said elvis would like this one)
    Nothing Man
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    State Of Love And Trust
    Footsteps (big surprise!!!)
    Baba O'Riley (the fuckin roof blew off the place when they started it, everyone sang along the entire time what a way to go out)

------------------
    " When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my ass" Bobby Knight

"Take my hand not my picture" Eddie Vedder

Loons
    The Memphis show sounds sweet--I hope they release these shows ala the 25,too. I know there was a phat mic behind us so I had to whoop it up a couple times,tryin' to get on tape.

Did Eddie do the mirror light beam trick in Memphis(a new spin on the Roth JD move heh heh)?

What is yo favorite show from the 25? I got a bunch of reviews from Rolling Stone daily,but I'm not sure if the reviewers have a clue. They were complaining that one of the Dutch(?) shows was too short--wasn't that a festival? And they didn't mention McCready's "Dance the nigtht away" riffin' or I woulda bought thattun FIRST!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Loons (edited October 13, 2000 at 05:33 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, they are going to release the us shows, 46 double cd's. That show that rolling stone said was too short was a festival....have i mentioned I fuckin despise rolling stone.

My favorite show right now is "Katowice, Poland 2", the set list is great and most of the pj fans say that its the best performance. It's the one where Mike does the "dance the night away" riff at the end of "yellow ledbetter".

------------------
    " When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my ass" Bobby Knight

"Take my hand not my picture" Eddie Vedder

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well,Well,Well...I just got this bad bad mutha of a show on cd--I can hear myself whoopin' and hollerin'--hot damn great god almighty I'm diggin' it!!!!!! [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

Incredible show! I want to get the Memphis,Vegas,Kansas City,&Seattle triple gigs,too!

Havin' a show that you was at,that's where it's at!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> originally posted by Loons:
    Where the hell is Van Halen!?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, all you who did catch PJ on tour last year defenitly got a treat. It may have sounded good but the show up here in Seattle was 10 fold better I bet. Lol, and I can't beleive you guys remember every song they played? I sure don't I was in a haze of stoniness.

In fact it was so good I'm willing to bet if you get the first show they did in Seattle you'd agree that it was a helleva setlist. When it comes out in April I beleive, I was 100 level right behind them with a pimpin' veiw.

Top 5 greatest moments at that show?, ...

1) Mike McCready doing "flying eddies" noticably in Breakerfall.

2) Eddie's Voice

3) Matt Cameron drumming the hell out of his kit!

4) The Ralph Nader talks.

5) Crown of Thorns tribute.
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags<br /><br /> G4 guitar player files at <a href="http://www.freedrive.com" target="_blank">www.freedrive.com</a> the username and password are both vhlinks(lowercase). My file is under No Bozo's ...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eyes of the Night:
    I can't beleive you guys remember every song they played? I sure don't I was in a haze of stoniness.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cheated by reading the pj website that had my setlist.
    EOTN have you heard bout the dvd pj is releasing. Its gonna kick some ass, lots of footage from the shows and some extra shit... only if you get the dvd instead of the vhs.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAFTER:
    I cheated by reading the pj website that had my setlist.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I figured someone would have the tanasity to do that. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Lol ...

Hmm?, a dvd? Right on RAF I'll be sure to check that shiat out! Oh and hey, is there a PJ message board anywere? I mean fuck, it's all chat with the ones I find. Same with Foo Fighters ... but on top of that, have you heard anything more about the "new" release dates for the U.S.?
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags<br /><br /> G4 guitar player files at <a href="http://www.freedrive.com" target="_blank">www.freedrive.com</a> the username and password are both vhlinks(lowercase). My file is under No Bozo's ...

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bought these shows:
    6/16/00 Spodek, Poland
    6/20/00 Verona, Italy
    10/15/00 Houston, TX (Oceans)
    10/31/00 Mountain View, CA (Release)

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey good call LH! Man, this remindes me does anybody trade PJ bootlegs? Actually anyone with a CD burner willing to make "blank" trades. I have few though under my belt as well for anyone interested.