Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Vinnie Vincent

Ernest T Roth
    Anyone else a fan? I know over the years he has gotten a bad rap, but consider the sources. Gene and Paul, who it has been proven would sell their mothers for a quick buck. Dana Strum, Metal-Sludge's poster boy for greedy pricks. Vinnie has been somewhat of a mystery over the last 10 or 12 years. No interviews to speak of, a lawsuit against Kiss and his ex-wife turning up dead recently.
    Vinnie is a fantastic guitarist. Check out his 1st Invasion album and the EP he put out a few years back. Absolutely a shred fest. I like him as an artist. Don't know him personally but I tend to take what Gene says with a grain of salt. I lost ALL respect for that dick when I learned G and P fired Eric Carr on his deathbed because his hospital bills were costing them a fortune. He died within 2 days of that. Now, how could you take their word for ANYTHING after knowing that?

Red-Balled Mammoth
    I don't know much about KISS personally or musically(can you call it that?), but Gene and Pauline and like a couple of dicks.

My last name is Vincent I've heard of Vinnie, but I don't know squat 'bout him.

------------------
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival

Red-Balled Mammoth
    I don't know much about KISS personally or musically(can you call it that?), but Gene and Pauline are like a couple of dicks.

My last name is Vincent I've heard of Vinnie, but I don't know squat 'bout him.

------------------
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ah yes, Vinnie Vincent.

Vinnie joined KISS in 1982 replacing Ace Frehley. At the time, KISS were working on their new album later known as "Creatures of the Night" (one of the heaviest KISS albums, by the way).

At the time of its recording, Ace (as legend would have it) was involved in a car accident. True, yet Frehley had already decided to leave KISS. So, he didn't participate in the recordings for COTN. KISS ended up recording the album that featured more than one person playing lead. Paul Stanley played lead on a few tracks, including Bruce Kulick's brother Bob. In comes Vincent Cusano, another native New Yorker. Talented player. Had a cool vibe with his playing. Played a 'Randy Rhodes Jackson' model.

He ended up recording some tracks for the new album with KISS. Ace (agreeing to contractual duties) was still seen as a member of KISS. His face was on the release of COTN and he did the video for "I Love It Loud" including a number of other promotional stuff. Upon his departure before the tour began, KISS decided to stick with Cusano(who later changed his name to Vinnie Vincent).

As this was the last tour with KISS in makeup until the reunion in '96, Vinnie sported an odd gold Egyptian Crucifix across his forehead and nose. He was the 'Egyptian God' or something of that nature.

He played with KISS on that tour (1982-83), including shows in Brazil that attracted more than 200,000 people.

He was still with KISS on the next album (1983's 'Lick It Up') which featured the band 'unmasked' for the first time. Again, Vinnie toured with KISS in 1983-84.

It is believed Vinnie was fired from KISS with reasons that he was greedy, wanted more money, and basically used KISS as a vehicle for his own stardom (re: solo career).

He was gone by the end of summer '84.

From then on, Vinnie had his "Vinnie Vincent Invasion" in the late 80s. Hadn't heard very much from him since.

Although, yes, he was recently trying to sue KISS.

There ya have it folks. A little something on Vinnie Vincent.

------------------
    (VV)
    "the show-stoppa!!"
    DLR Army Moderator

Rothville, Oklahalen, United States of Eat Us And Smile!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House Of Pain
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ah Vinnie Vincent and Invasion. I believe Invasion is now basically Slaughter, does that sound right to you Vinman? Incidentally, I never got into VVI until after they were gone and I heard about Slaughter basically being Invasion, whe nI saw Slawter open for KISS on the Hot In The Shade tour. Some good hair rock! So now that I have napster I've downloaded a shitload of Invasion and I have a question for a knowledgeable person (whoever you may be!). Now of the several songs I have, it sounds like there were two different singers. Was there in fact two different Invasions, or two different singers, or whatever? My personal preference on this, wrong as it may be, would be Mark Slaughter as my personal fav for Invasion lead singer.

------------------
    Diamond Mafia!
    It's Showtime!

Ernest T Roth
    There were in fact 2 singers. Robert Fleischman did the first VVI album, Mark Slaughter did the second and RF did the 1996 EP. Speaking of Napster, if you type Vinnie Vincent in the artist box and "The EP" in the song title box, you can find songs like Euphoria, Wild Child and a couple others that all sound like they could have been on the first album. Prety good stuff and a hard to find cd.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's right HOP, VVI spun off into Slaughter.

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing about Vinnie Vincent.

He did return to the KISS fold very briefly co-writing some tracks on KISS' 1992 'Revenge' album. Example: Vinnie co-wrote "Unholy" with Gene.

------------------
    (VV)
    "the show-stoppa!!"
    DLR Army Moderator

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House Of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay so I'm checkin out Napster for the EP, and all I can find are four songs, Full Shredd, Wild Child, Euphoria, and Get The Lead Out. Are there more than four, or can I save myself the money and trouble of looking for the EP and just download all four?

------------------
    Diamond Mafia!
    It's Showtime!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House Of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I found Full Shredd in four different track times, naturally, I'm dowloading the longest to insure I get the right version, however, I'm downloading one that is like 11:01 or something. Oh well, maybe I'm getting a bonus track and don't know it.

------------------
    Diamond Mafia!
    It's Showtime!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There is a person on this board nammed AVHMACHIII...the dude IS Kiss!!

------------------
    2711 Don't ever drink anything you can't see through.

Ernest T Roth
    According to www.hardradio.com "Ex-Kiss guitarist Vinnie Vincent will release his new album, Invasion, Oct. 10th thru Zoom..."
    Didn't even know he had anything coming out.