Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Went to www.kissonline.com looking to see if they had more info on the box set, and instead found this:

KISS Will Continue, Gene Followups
    HELLO EVERYONE. Thanks to all of you for your responses to my letter. I have to honestly say reading your posts was the most exciting and thought provoking moment I have ever had online. Now, thatís the way KISSONLINE should be. Passionate. I have to say, although I never thought about some of the issues you raised, I had to often agree with your comments and often with your criticisms. There is no question that, good, bad or otherwise, you feel strongly about your views. Fair enough. But, here was proof positive, that for the most part, you were able to express yourselves professionally. I agree with the internet rules about blanking out four letter words in the same way I agree with the notion that no one should be attacked personally. Attack their ideas. Eric wearing the Cat makeup: Itís clear some of you didnít like it at all. In point of fact, please understand that neither did Eric. He, as well as the rest of the band have always felt it belonged on Peterís face. But, Peter didnít come on tour. We couldnít make a deal. Thatís life. So, we were in a no win situation. Do we invent a new "character" for Eric Singer? Do we have him wear Eric Carrís Fox makeup? We decided to have him wear the Cat makeup. And, while we acknowledge that some of you didnít like it, we stand by our decision. The original lineup: Again, we all agree. You and us. Peter, Ace, Paul and Gene is the best lineup. But, we had to make changes. We refused to "go down with ship." No one person would ever determine when the band would hang up its platform heels. The results? Complaints. We heard you loud and clear. We still do. But we did what we had to do. And, we stand by our decisions. If we had to do it all over again, we would do the same thing. The Kasket: Some of you donít like it. Fair enough. We think itís cool. Ok. Now, hereís the best part Ė which one of us is right? The Music: There is no denying the fact that when all four members of a band are doing their best, the entire band works betterÖ and that means, better music. Weíre sure you noticed as the original band started to break apart, so did the music, for the most part. Youíre right. We agree. We always felt the same way. The early albums and maybe Creatures and Revenge were records we all liked. But, we did the best we could. New Music: The box set will have songs you havenít heard before, but they will be unreleased demos. Unheard music. Newly recorded songs will have to wait. The band is in flux. But, weíve been there before. KISS will continue. It may not be the way YOU want it to continue. But, if you read all the posts, there doesnít seem to be ONE VOICE. Like most issues, we all have different opinionsÖ even amongst ourselves. And finally, looking forward to our online chat session.

Since KISS seems to be the favourite non-Van Halen punching bag in these parts, have at it!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    I am shocked and stunned that Kiss(TM) would have appeared to have pulled off some kind of deception, with their 'farewell' tour.

</sarcasm off>

No, really!

</Off I said!> [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 11,602 Times in 4,946 Posts

Just too easy of a target to comment. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

First off, as the top part eludes to, this was actually a letter Gene had posted to the fans on September 13, the original letter being posted on September 12th. Obviously Gene's timing was terrible to start with, evidently he doesn't get CNN; "Hey Gene, in the days right after September 11th, I wasn't too terribly concerned with the state of the KISS Army!!" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I don't mind (or care really) if KISS wants to continue to record, but after charging huge prices under the guise of it being a farewell, it does seem awfully two-faced. Then again, this is Gene $immmons we're talking about, nothing should be a surprise.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

The one thing he OUGHT to be concerned with is that "raccoon-wig" on top of his head.

Did he really think that makes him look suave? I'd fire my team of advisors if they told me to wear that ugly rug!

Note to Shannon Tweed...if you want a man who doesn't wear rodents on his head, doesn't command a 7 figure salary, doesn't have his likeness being whored out for one more dime and has the staying power of a Jiffy Pop popcorn bag, look no further! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 25, 2001 at 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Cabo Kid ]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Okay, I'll say what everyone is thinking:

How duplicitous is it to tour on the false pretense of it being a farewell when you planned on more albums to come? Hello, Gene, farewell means THE END. That's something Ki$$ should have considered in the '80s when they went through bi-weekly lineup adjustments.

How long until they officially change the logo to include the dollar signs and a "TM" after it?
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe it was a Farewell tour to KISS as we knew it?
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    How duplicitous is it to tour on the false pretense of it being a farewell when you planned on more albums to come? Hello, Gene, farewell means THE END.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They must've meant "farewell" in the sense of the Who, have have had several farewell/final tours since, what, 1982-3? But I'm pretty sure they thought they meant it!
    Probably why Sammy "Never Said Goodbye"!

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'll say what everyone is REALLY thinking: how come Gene Simmons will post long letters to his fans and none of the Van Halen crew will? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

THAT is the $24 million dollar question!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's funny how people act like VH don't have the time to "correspond" to their fans...I believe if you have no intention of ever doing so, you shouldn't have your "official" site implying that you might stop by for chats and all. I'd also watch how my webmaster alludes to certain things, although I will say Brad seems to have recently gotten a better sense of humor about him lately. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ye$, it i$ a $ad day when Gene $immon$ of Ki$$ i$ ea$ier to track down than anyone from Van Halen.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Kiss will continue to SUCK just like they always have. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!