Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.21.00
    Location
    East Providence, Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    1,073
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Anybody see this?
    Jimmy Page is looking good.
    He lost weight still has his hair,looking mean and ready to rock.
    In the 90's it looked like the R&R lifestyle had beaten the crap out of JP.
    It looks like now he weathered the storm and is ready hopefully(good possibility) for ANOTHER reunion with Plant.
    While VH can't do something as simple as communicate with their fans.

  2. #2
    Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    I am a Van Halenized Canadian!
    Posts
    12,837
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    12.08.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Likes
    97
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

    The last album that Page did with Plant was average.

    I'm hoping for a Coverdale/Page II! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  3. #3
    Beloved Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Posts
    16,192
    Last Online

    02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    Is that the magazine about the making of Zep 4?

    Jimmy looked REALLY bad in the late 70's when he was strung out on heroin.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk Wolfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.00
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    8,119
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    I'd like to see that if anybody comes up with a scan. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    The Dude Dan Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.16.00
    Age
    32
    Location
    Corvallis, OR, USA
    Posts
    9,345
    Last Online

    09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    I found the cover at Guitarworld.com [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Yes, he is looking better these days.

    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk Wolfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.00
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    8,119
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Thanks Dan - [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

    He's got that Joe Perry dare-you-to-fuck-with-me look going.

  7. #7
    Eruption
    Join Date
    05.03.01
    Age
    36
    Location
    Elz, Germany
    Posts
    1,140
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wolfman:
    Thanks Dan - [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

    He's got that Joe Perry dare-you-to-fuck-with-me look going.
    <hr></blockquote>

    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk Rod Dangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.27.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    7,871
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Likes
    1,074
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

    Speaking of Zep, I just saw John Paul Jones open up for King Crimson the other night. Jonesey was the man, what a great show. He did a great version of “That's The Way” on the mandolin, jammed a wicked instrumental of “When The Levee Breaks” & what I think was “No Quarter” (started to catch a good buzz at this point), plus a few solo tunes. He played for about an hour, not too many opening acts get encores, but he did. He had this guitar player that had this wicked guitar, it was the weirdest looking thing. It kind of had a body of a Steinberger, a big fat ass neck as fat as the body & a headstock that looked like it came of an old flying Z. I think it had 10 strings, 6 guitar strings & 4 bass strings. He didn’t play with a pick, he just tapped the whole night. JPJ had this guitar that was basically 4 guitar strings & 4 bass strings. Whenever he was jammin’ on that thing or the pedal steel (he was wailing on the pedal steel) the cat with the weird ass guitar would play bass & they would kind of switch back & fourth. I would like to see one of his own shows, as far as I’m concerned he didn’t jam long enough, I wanted to see more.

    Crimson sucked by the way, kind of boring. The ticket cost 40 bucks, unfortunately Crimson blew, so I didn’t really get my money’s worth, but I was glad I was able to check out JPJ. If you ever get a chance to check out JPJ solo, you should, it was very entertaining. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Eruption
    Join Date
    05.03.01
    Age
    36
    Location
    Elz, Germany
    Posts
    1,140
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rod Dangle:
    Speaking of Zep, I just saw John Paul Jones open up for King Crimson the other night. Jonesey was the man, what a great show. He did a great version of “That's The Way” on the mandolin, jammed a wicked instrumental of “When The Levee Breaks” & what I think was “No Quarter” (started to catch a good buzz at this point), plus a few solo tunes. He played for about an hour, not too many opening acts get encores, but he did. He had this guitar player that had this wicked guitar, it was the weirdest looking thing. It kind of had a body of a Steinberger, a big fat ass neck as fat as the body & a headstock that looked like it came of an old flying Z. I think it had 10 strings, 6 guitar strings & 4 bass strings. He didn’t play with a pick, he just tapped the whole night. JPJ had this guitar that was basically 4 guitar strings & 4 bass strings. Whenever he was jammin’ on that thing or the pedal steel (he was wailing on the pedal steel) the cat with the weird ass guitar would play bass & they would kind of switch back & fourth. I would like to see one of his own shows, as far as I’m concerned he didn’t jam long enough, I wanted to see more.

    Crimson sucked by the way, kind of boring. The ticket cost 40 bucks, unfortunately Crimson blew, so I didn’t really get my money’s worth, but I was glad I was able to check out JPJ. If you ever get a chance to check out JPJ solo, you should, it was very entertaining. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

    Cool man.

    A friend of mine saw JPJ and King Crimson in St Louis, too.

    Was a good show, so he told me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk Rod Dangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.27.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    7,871
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Likes
    1,074
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Atomic Punk DLR:


    Cool man.

    A friend of mine saw JPJ and King Crimson in St Louis, too.

    Was a good show, so he told me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>


    It was an excellent show. Helluva a lot better than I thought it would be.
    M*U*L*E

  11. #11
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    12.03.01
    Age
    50
    Location
    Bass Ackwards, NC
    Posts
    2,917
    Favorite VH Album

    All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

    "dirtymovies"
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    I just about vomited seeing him perform with Fred Durst and that one-hit wonder guy..........
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk Rod Dangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.27.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    7,871
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Likes
    1,074
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FanHalen:
    I just about vomited seeing him perform with Fred Durst and that one-hit wonder guy.......... <hr></blockquote>

    Jimmy???
    M*U*L*E

  13. #13
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    12.03.01
    Age
    50
    Location
    Bass Ackwards, NC
    Posts
    2,917
    Favorite VH Album

    All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

    "dirtymovies"
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Yep! Fred Durst and the singer from Puddle of Mudd performed "Thank You" and Jimmy came out to play the solo acoustically on the MTV Europe Awards Show.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk Rod Dangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.27.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    7,871
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Likes
    1,074
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FanHalen:
    Yep! Fred Durst and the singer from Puddle of Mudd performed "Thank You" and Jimmy came out to play the solo acoustically on the MTV Europe Awards Show.<hr></blockquote>

    I'm glad I missed that. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I kind of lost some respect for Jimmy when he did that god awful version of Kashmir, with that talentless piece of shit puff daddy-piddy diddy or whatever the fuck his stupid name is this week. Jimmy has kind of become a whore.

    Now JPJ on the other hand fuckin' wailed the other night.

    M*U*L*E

  15. #15
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    12.04.01
    Location
    Stalag 13, Deutschland
    Posts
    17
    Favorite VH Album

    Alles mit ze exception of III
    Favorite VH Song

    Alles mit ze exception of III
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Page ist eine "sellout", as you Americans say. First, he does zis "half-baked" attempt mit David Coverdale, zen a mediocre reunion mit Bobby Plant (ze CD's sucked, but zee tour vas gutt!), zen he performed mit zee Black Crowes und now zee over-rated fool Fred Durst!

    Ho-GAN!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Eddie vs. Jimmy Page
    By VHisback in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05.23.05, 05:56 PM
  2. If Jimmy page....
    By cobias in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04.28.05, 02:05 PM
  3. Jimmy Page and the Black Crows
    By dooberdober in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01.09.05, 05:53 PM
  4. Eddie VH and Jimmy Page
    By Romain in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01.07.03, 08:09 PM
  5. Tucker Williamson and Jimmy Page
    By I Coulda Hada VH in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02.10.02, 02:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •