Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYTHING SEP HOW MENY SAY I
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So did anybody get the new Bruce CD?? If not got out and get it.

It is relly great [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "I Want The Best! Of Both Worlds!<br />AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW-Van Halen Live With Out A Net.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is, I love it! I really like 'Let's Be Friends' and 'My City of Ruins'. Really solid cd. I can't wait to see him on his upcoming tour! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like Bruce. I haven't bought the new CD yet, but I may pick it up this week~ [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

I haven't heard his new album yet, but what's up with all the huge media hype it's getting? Time Magazine????? Bruce has got some pretty decent songs in his repetoir, but I just can't see how he's all that.
    I think the media just likes to find someone to latch onto. He's been around for a while, makes half-way decent albums, but jeez..........

It's like the Beatles. They made some pretty good music too, but most of it had that "Lenny Kravitz quality" to it.....repetetive, simple, not at all musically progressive (unless you count some of the experimental shit they did, but on guitar, bass and drums, NO WAY).

Not trying to be stuck up, but me thinks the media tries to hype up these guys more than they should be.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope to pick up "The Rising" this weekend.....I'm looking forward to catching Bruce & the E Street Band in November when they play Orlando.....
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by gabby gabbster:
    I haven't heard his new album yet, but what's up with all the huge media hype it's getting? Time Magazine????? Bruce has got some pretty decent songs in his repetoir, but I just can't see how he's all that.
    I think the media just likes to find someone to latch onto. He's been around for a while, makes half-way decent albums, but jeez..........

It's like the Beatles. They made some pretty good music too, but most of it had that "Lenny Kravitz quality" to it.....repetetive, simple, not at all musically progressive (unless you count some of the experimental shit they did, but on guitar, bass and drums, NO WAY).

Not trying to be stuck up, but me thinks the media tries to hype up these guys more than they should be.
    Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?
    The media attention both The Beatles AND Springsteen as gotten over the years are heartily deserved in my opinion!!!

I just picked up "The Rising" today. I am going to listen to it and see what I think of it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

~BC

Last Online

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I suppose the Beatles and Bruce do deserve some credit.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's okay, listen man, no one says you gotta even LIKE their music, but there is no denying the influence both The Beatles and Bruce Springsteen have had on popular music. That's all I was trying to point out~

This new CD is pretty damn good so far!
    Good to hear The E Street Band back with Springsteen!!!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're dead wrong on the "simple" nature of the Beatles music. Pop in an album like Sgt. Pepper's or Abbey Road...listen to it with good headphones...and you will hear how Paul McCartney at one time was a technically amazing bass player. Hell, you can even hear how quickly Paul grew in skill as far back as some of their work around '65 or so.

One of the reasons the Beatles stood out from the many Beatles clone bands was that their music most definitely progressed. They have influenced some of the biggest and/or best rock acts around, from Queen to Kiss to King's X. Lenny Kravitz has influenced NO ONE.

I can't really comment on Bruce however, I'm not really into his music.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Last Online

The whole point I was trying to make was that it's the media who tells "the music listening community" who's popular, great, amazing, etc. etc.
    Yes, the Beatles came up with some interesting work, but from the moment they arrived (in 65 or whenever) the media blew them up like God and hasn't stopped since. There are a lot of other bands who deserve as much, if not more, praise than the Beatles....and Springsteen for that matter.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The whole point I was trying to make was that it's the media who tells "the music listening community" who's popular, great, amazing, etc. etc.
    Yes, the Beatles came up with some interesting work, but from the moment they arrived (in 65 or whenever) the media blew them up like God and hasn't stopped since. There are a lot of other bands who deserve as much, if not more, praise than the Beatles....and Springsteen for that matter.
    Examples?
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Beatles and Bruce having nothing in common.

The Beatles wrote poppy tunes........then went to elaborately produced tunes.

Bruce just kinda does his own thing. You pretty much know what to expect from the guy. Well crafted tunes that somehow symbolize what a lot of Americans go through on a daily basis. He doesn't sing all that well, he doesn't play guitar all that well, but the spirit of his tunes really connect with folks.

With that being said.......Bruce is one of my least favorite artists. I don't really relate to his lyrics.......the "E" Street Band doesn't make me want me to pick up my guitar and strum along........his live shows just seem to never end.........which is a good thing for his fans.

As far as his influence on musicians today......I do have a hard time thinking of anyone who sounds remotely like Bruce (musicaly and lyricaly)......he's a one of a kind guy that has an awesome following of fans that love his work.

Tom Petty's "Full Moon Fever" may be a piece of shit to a lot of folks, but to me, it was the Summer of '88 and tunes on that album take me back to a time when life was simpler.......and I think that's what Bruce does for his fans.......
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by jimmy:
    Tom Petty's "Full Moon Fever" may be a piece of shit to a lot of folks, but to me, it was the Summer of '88 and tunes on that album take me back to a time when life was simpler.......and I think that's what Bruce does for his fans.......
    For me, the Bruce magic touches two important nerves...

1. He tells stories you can relate to...Ordinary emotions lived by ordinary people in sometimes extraordinary circumstances whether it's 9/11 or the loss/gain of a few dreams...

2. Speaking as a musician, Bruce is the gold standard for live performance. I've seen hundreds of acts, and no one touches Bruce live...Not Prince. Not The Stones. Not Metallica. Not Van Halen. Not The Police. No one...Bruce is the master of the live rock show, BAR NONE! E Street is the only band that has the talent and DEDICATION to play 3 1/2 hours...

I can't WAIT for August 27...San Jose!!!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Diver Down NJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gabby gabbster:
    Examples?</font>[/QUOTE]Yea Give Examples!
    "I Want The Best! Of Both Worlds!<br />AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW-Van Halen Live With Out A Net.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by jimmy:

Jimmy Please don,t think of me as a asshole but it was the summer of 89 that TP"Full Moon Fever" Came out and it was a great summer peace out