Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

www.melodicrock.com

Anyone heard anything 'bout this?
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who knows. It'd be pretty cool. As long as they boot that bloated joke Vince Neil for good & bring back John "Crabby" Corabi or someone new. I'm just anxiously awaiting Tommy's 2nd Methods of Mayhem disc he's workin' on right now. (coming out in August or September)Should be awesome!

This rumor has been floating around alot. It wouldn't suprise me considering Randy Castillo (was/is) battling cancer. There hasn't been any updates on him for a while so, who knows?

The best Motley rumour was the one regarding Tommy working w. John Corabi. That would be cool. Gotta love Crabby.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know how this would be possible, now that I think about it. Tommy's new disc comes out late this summer/fall. Then he's going to tour probably until the summer of 2002. And Vince is on tour right now. There is talk of him going into the studio after his tour ends.

Maybe 2003

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Tommy and Nikki were so close, I've always felt that there's a good chance of that band coming back together. I still have yet to buy New Tattoo because the only songs I heard off of it didn't really impress me. Hollywood Ending in particular has a very bad (in my opinion of course) vocal effort from Vince.

Actually, just the other day I listened to the Corabi Motley album for the first time all the way through. A few of the songs meander around somewhat aimlessly, but there's also some really strong material on there; Hooligan's Holiday, Misunderstood, Poison Apples, Hammered and Driftaway come immediately to mind.

It would have been cool to hear another album from that line-up of the Crue.

In a related note, I found out today that Vince is coming here to Edmonton and is playing at a club in a mall that's only a 10 minute walk from my place. I don't know any of his solo stuff, but I'm thinking about checking it out.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you have the re-issued '99 copy? That has some killer stuff like "Baby Kills" & two others. I love that album. It's the Crue's best, by far because unlike the other Crue albums prior to it & following Generation Swine, it doesn't just have one or two or three catchy tunes. I can listen to the whole album 1st to last track w/o skipping. Tommy's drumming was at its best & heaviest. Corabi's vocals were rough & edgy. The lyrics were good. And, you can really tell where the band is coming from. You can hear Corabi's heavy 60s infleunces like the Beatles & Zeppelin as well as his rougher more industrial style. The guy reminds me of a cross between Robert Plant & Chris Cornell.
    This was especially true w. Quaternary. The 4 tracks on this mini album really show what each member brought to the table. Mick Marrs showed his blues influnece w. his instrumental. Nikki Sixx's track Father showed his liking for heavier more Nine Inch Nails type of material. Corabi's track Friends was a very Beatles sounding song. And Tommy's Planetboom was just fucking awesome! Definately showed his mastery of rhythm & his interest in the industrial/rap scene.

There is no telling where the band could have gone from this point. They were so diverse in their styles. Motley was so damn creative at that point that it really pisses me off that the record company had to bring Vince back. New Tatoo was so disappointing to me because all of sudden, in '94, Motley had matured. Their songs were intelligent, hard, rocking, & sometimes socially conscious. (ex. Uncle Jack- written about Corabi's uncle who was a sex offender. They donated the profits from the sale of the single to benefit victims of sexual abuse)New Tatoo was just a bunch of material that the Crue tossed out in the late 80s & then packaged as a new album. Just like Tommy & Nikki said in the Dirt, Vince is only holding Motley back.

Sorry to rant, but I loved Motley's stuff in '94 & I'm a huge fan of John Corabi (in The Scream, Motley Crue, Union, Eric Singer Project, or Ratt) & Methods of Mayhem.

By the way, if you want to hear a followup to the '94 album, just listen to Generation Swine. That album was written w. Corabi. (look at the song credits) Corabi even layed the vocals for it and played on the album. They just took his vocals off & put Vince's on when he returned.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've only got the original '94 cd. Smoke the Sky is another tune that kicks.

I like most of Generation Swine. Find Myself and Afraid are both really good tunes, and all of it is listenable except Rocketship and Brandon.

I've said it before, but whenever I see Vince anymore, he looks like he's play acting at being a rock singer, like he's just not into it anymore. And hearing him sing live is really annoying, singing every other word half the time.

I've REALLY got to get The Dirt, it's sold out around here. I'm dying to read it.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good stuff. I mean these guys tell you everything, and I mean everything.

This is a quote by Tommy upon reuniting w. Vince in '97.

"Vince had grown so big since I last saw him that he looked like Roseanne Barr or something. His head was the size of a balloon and folds of fat were billowing over his watch. He was wearing blue slacks with a short sleeved dress shirt tucked in, and his body was a weird yellow shade of brown that was probably a combination of liver problems from alcohol and sunburn from lazing around all day in Hawaii. It was about 4 P.M., and I was willing to bet my fucking tits that he was plastered" (313-14).

And here's Corabi's take on the '94 album.

"That year was probably the best time of my life. Everyone was on new territory creatively and having fun. Mick had never worked with a second guitarist, Nikki had never worked with a second lyricist, and the band had never written songs through just jamming. We couldn’t wait for Motley fans to hear what we’d done. We thought we had really made for the first time an intelligent Motley Crue record, with a lot of commentary on the kooky shit going on in the world, from the Rodney King riots in L.A. to the latest fury over music censorship."

And here is one of the weirdest parts I've read so far.

"One chick who used to come over was an obnoxioius overweight red-head who couldn't fit through the window. But she had a Jaguar XJS which was Tommy's fsvorite car. He wanted to drive that car more than anything. Finally, she told him that if he fucked her she'd let him drive the Jaguar. That night, Nikki and I walked into the house to find Tommy with his spindly legs flat on the floor this big quivering mass bouncing mercilessly up and down on top of him...They looked like a red Volkswagen with four whitewall tires sticking out the bottom and getting flatter by the second. The second Tommy finished, he buttoned up his pants and looked at us. 'I gotta go man,' he beamed, proud. 'I'm gonna drive her car.'

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I love MC94 as much as anyone, it's a great album. But without Vince, there ain't a "true" Crue. Like him or not, he's the guy. MC94 stiffed and they couldn't even sell out clubs. Not a jab at Corabi. Just saying that the Crue is the 4 original guys, just like with ol' VH.
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with Hooligan: I think that Motley Crue /Motley Crue (the 94 effort) was by FAR some of their strongest stuff they ever put out. I bought that record the day it came out (believe it or not) and to this day still think it's a pretty solid album. that record is just so heavy and solid.

I bought New Tattoo as well. Aside from a few tracks: Hell On High Heels, Fake, Treat Me Like A Dog, New Tattoo (even though this ballad is a little cheesy) I'm not too crazy about it....

And I'm with Glenn" I'm DYING to pick up "The Dirt". I love reading autobigraphies regarding rock bands. I just gotta bite the bullet and lay down the $$$$....
    Wish I could find the book cheaper then the 27.50 I saw it for at Borders!
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Got this from another rock and roll website. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Motley Crue's Sixx Says Band Is On Ice For Two Years

(6/13/01, 12 p.m. ET) -- Motley Crue bass player Nikki Sixx told LAUNCH the band has lost its legs and is taking a few years off.

"I think it's going to take these two years to totally get away from everything and everybody and just leave us alone for a while," he said. "Let us figure out what we want to do, musically. I think it's going to take a serious, serious recharging of the batteries because we have been completely sucked dry by our own demise. But right now I have no intention of doing anything Motley Crue-related musically at all."

Sixx added, "In a couple of years the songs will come, the energy will come, the band will come back together, and it's going to be something very spectacular."

In the meantime, fans can get their Motley fix with the book Motley Crue: The Dirt--Confessions Of The World's Most Notorious Rock Band, which is currently on the New York Times Best Sellers list.

-- Darren Davis, New York

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Sad story here from Motley land. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

MALIBU, Calif.- A 4-year-old boy drowned while at a birthday party at the home of rock musician Tommy Lee.

The boy was one of several children attending the party on Saturday at the former Motley Crue drummer's Malibu home, said Los Angeles Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Brenda Cambra.

"The children were swimming in the pool when the victim was found floating face down in the shallow end," she said.

Two adults pulled him from the water and began CPR and Lee called 911. Paramedics transported the boy to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Cambra, who said the child was not Lee's son, said authorities were investigating it as an accidental drowning. Police did not release the name of the child.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I am just STUNNED to read something like this. What a horrible way for some father to spend today...having to plan your son's funeral. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

One question though...where were these kids' chaperones? Were they out swimming alone? Even in a kiddie pool, that is not a good idea to leave toddlers unattended.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I think that the accident at Tommy's house along with what will most likely be a major law suit will probably put this whole thing on hold.

I feel pretty bad for this guy, he genuinely seems like he wants to be a good father to his kids and learned from his past mistakes.

May God bless everyone involved with this tragidy.

[ June 21, 2001 at 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Eddymon ]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hooligan on a Holiday:
    And here's Corabi's take on the '94 album.

"That year was probably the best time of my life. Everyone was on new territory creatively and having fun. Mick had never worked with a second guitarist, Nikki had never worked with a second lyricist, and the band had never written songs through just jamming. We couldn’t wait for Motley fans to hear what we’d done. We thought we had really made for the first time an intelligent Motley Crue record, with a lot of commentary on the kooky shit going on in the world, from the Rodney King riots in L.A. to the latest fury over music censorship."

This guy's more full of himself than Sammy Hagar! Again this was another case of bad marketing decisions by keeping a band name that no longer applied. This album was not Motley Crue, any more than "Heaven & Hell" was really Black Sabbath or "5150" was really Van Halen. They should have renamed the band. And if Corabi thinks he's so goddamn good and "intelligent", how did he end up as a second string member of a third string hair band (the band that inexplicably gets away with using the name "Ratt" despite having only one original band member).

I'm not even a major Motley Crue fan. Just fed up with the ridiculousness of bands changing members as often as I change socks.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I broke down and bought Motely Crue's new book "The Dirt".
    Very cool read!!!
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV