Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

AC/DC has just signed with Sony Records for a multi album deal.
    In addition to the new albums, they are remastering "Back in Black", "Dirty Deeds", "Highway to Hell", "High Voltage" and "AC/DC Live" to be released early 2003.

Now with them signing and the speculation of VH, especially after the EVH/Sandler photo possibly going with Sony, is Sony attempting to bring back the "Geezers of Rock"?

[ December 07, 2002, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Eddymon ]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

To early to tell. Sony is getting an immediate payback with remastering some of the classics from AC/DC. VH just released remastered albums, what, within the past couple of years? So SOny would have to wait for a successful album before any profits are made, where as AC/DC and remasters are money in the bank.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who would not sign AC/DC?

They always move a lot of units and are a huge live draw. AC/DC really can't lose as long as they stick to their guns. (which they have!)

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hell yeah. VH and AC/DC would be money in the bank for sony. let the big dogs bank roll some young, hungry acts and just get the big ball of money rolling. unfortunately, giant corporations never seem to have that much sense. they probably just fell ass-backwards into signing angus.

and didn't sony sign aerosmith to some obscene contract just before aerosmith started cranking out all those cheesy MTV hits? maybe AC/DC fans should be afraid. be very afraid.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

PANAMA
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate to say this but AC-DC has there shit together, unlike Van-Halen. I saw AC-DC last year at the Fargo dome. Ok you can stop laughing now, Hey the place holds 20,000 people, and it was sold out in 5 hours. Anywhey I got tired just watching Angus Running up and down the stage. I dont know how old he is but the whole band is in top shape and more than ready to put on one hell of a rock show. This is one of the reasons they are still a verry marketable band! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I picked up a few remastered AC/DC CD's prior to my departure from Japan last year.

They rereleased their entire catalog in special limited edition "mini-LP" sleeves, and the artwork on the discs matched that of the original album labels. These were all Japan-only releases, and I'm glad I bought the ones I did.

And, I know that "Back In Black" was released as a remastered version within the Bonfire" box set a few years ago, also in a mini-LP sleeve.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

All of the AC/DC albums from High Voltage to Flick Of The Switch have been remastered already... I have them all.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth