Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I copied this from Melodicrock.com and hoped it hadn't been mentioned before. I have been wondering if everyone in Aerosmith was just giddy about doing this shit. Now, it makes sense to me:

TROUBLE IN AEROSMITH NOTHING NEW:
    There have been several rumors circulating regarding the possible demise of Aerosmith.
    I thought I would try and get to the bottom of it and who better to ask, but one of my most reliable contacts in Los Angeles, who came back with the following details...
    Apparently the very latest tension stems from Brad Whitford and Joey Kramer not wanting to "sell out" and perform with rappers, Britney, NSync, Mary J Blige and whoever else and just stick to rock and roll.
    Steven Tyler is the one, along with some backing from Joe Perry, that keeps the band in the "pop" scene.
    It seems the recent MTV Icons show - which lets be honest, was a total farce - was the icing on the cake, with one band member stating the absolute obvious, claiming the band has nothing in common with the people they did the Icons show with...and that he hated every minute of that.
    It's no secret that there is a great deal of tension within the band.
    But the one thing they all agree on is that they need each other to remain successful and to continue to make money. This is the single common factor that will hold the band together for a little longer yet. They know this and are smart enough to deal with the other issues behind the scenes.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Executionor, not trying to start anything here man, but do any actual "Rock" fans care if Aerosmith lives or dies these days. Even though I try I know I don't give two shit's, especially after that "Icon" crap, what a joke!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, I agree. I loved Aerosmith in the early days, but since they started rapping and playing with nstink, they have gone to shit. I had always just wondered if everyone in the band was just happy go lucky about doing the rap crap. If Ed, Dave, Alex, and Mike would get back together, they would rule the world unquestionably. Too bad they are wasting all this valuable time. GAH
    [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

--Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ja ja ja jaded

[img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Lyrical felonies

--Will Rogers

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Executionor:
    I loved Aerosmith in the early days, but since they started rapping and playing with nstink, they have gone to shit.
    It was a lot earlier than that....right around the time Tyler and Perry stopped underwriting the Colombian economy.
    Delusions of eloquence

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Does anyone remember that SNL skit back in the mid 90's about a "New" Aerosmith Best Of album?

Every song sounded like Amazing, they even made up funny ass names to fit the song's.

"AmazingCrazyCrazyAmazing!!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Well if Melodicrock is right it looks like Perry and Tyler should get there collective heads out of their asses. Aerosmith has been pure shit for 15 years plus now and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As much as I hate to say this, they went downhill the minute they got sober.

Permanent Vacation was alright, as was some of Pump. But that was probably the last traces of the drugs leaving their system. Now they can't even write their own songs, let alone make a rock n roll record. And the rhythm section is so bored they would rather be pyromaniacs anyway.

Pull the plug already
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Unfortunately you could pretty much say the same thing about Van Halen. Although, it looks as if they already have pulled the plug. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Executionor:
    It seems the recent MTV Icons show - which lets be honest, was a total farce - was the icing on the cake, with one band member stating the absolute obvious, claiming the band has nothing in common with the people they did the Icons show with...and that he hated every minute of that.
    It's no secret that there is a great deal of tension within the band.
    LMAO! That's the truth! I think it's time Aerosmith went the way of other classic-rock bands these days. Just tour the sheds in the Summers and don't bother releasing new material anymore. Their creativity-well dried up long ago.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

It was only a matter of time. Some of the guys are thinking, "yeah, we've been doing this for 30 years, sold millions of records, can (used to) rock with the best, we're in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and now I'm on stage with Britany Spears and N'Sync. WTF" [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like Aerosmith, but how many live albums and greatest hits collections can you throw out to your fan base?

Originally, I read that yet another live album was going to released from this past tour. Now they're apparently going to release another greatest hits disc, with 2 new songs on it.

Greatest Hits/Best Of:

-Greatest Hits
    -Big Ones
    -Young Lust: Anthology
    -Gems

Live Collections:

-Live! Bootleg
    -Classics Live I
    -Classics Live II
    -A Little South of Sanity

Miscellaneous Stuff:

-Pandora's Box
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    I like Aerosmith, but how many live albums and greatest hits collections can you throw out to your fan base?

Originally, I read that yet another live album was going to released from this past tour. Now they're apparently going to release another greatest hits disc, with 2 new songs on it.

Greatest Hits/Best Of:

-Greatest Hits
    -Big Ones
    -Young Lust: Anthology
    -Gems

Live Collections:

-Live! Bootleg
    -Classics Live I
    -Classics Live II
    -A Little South of Sanity

Miscellaneous Stuff:

-Pandora's Box
    Unfortunately I can't comment, as a Kiss fan. But that's for another thread.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

I'm pretty sure that Classics Live, Classics Live II and Gems was just Columbia's means of making money off the band while they were in the Geffen stable. A Little South Of Sanity could be Geffen's cash grab after they went back to Columbia (could probably say the same thing about Big Ones) - or they could just be contract fillers. But Sony (Columbia's parent) is known for mining their artists to death...

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Speaking of the new "Best of" - the tracklist has been finalised:

Here is the tracklist for the album:

Disc one:
    "Mama Kin"
    "Dream On"
    "Same Old Song and Dance"
    "Seasons of Wither"
    "Walk This Way"
    "Big Ten Inch Record"
    "Sweet Emotion"
    "Last Child"
    "Back in the Saddle"
    "Draw the Line" (remix)
    "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
    "Angel"
    "Rag Doll"
    "Janie's Got a Gun"
    "Love in an Elevator"
    "What It Takes"

Disc two:
    "The Other Side"
    "Livin' on the Edge"
    "Cryin'"
    "Amazing"
    "Deuces Are Wild"
    "Crazy"
    "Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees)"
    "Pink" (South Beach remix)
    "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing"
    "Jaded"
    "Just Push Play" (radio remix)
    "Walk This Way"
    "Girls of Summer"
    "Lay It Down"

I'm disappointed that they can't at least be bothered to stick that remixed version of "Sweet Emotion" that came out with (but was not included with) Pandora's Box - as far as I know, the only place to get that is on like a five track CD that was included with Box Of Fire - I ain't buying all their albums again just for that!