Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 538 Times in 321 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yes, I know a lot of you hate this band, so don't read the thread.

Is anyone going to this? I just got tickets, heading up with the wife and a friend.

I'm really looking forward to Jerry Cantrell's set.

[ August 07, 2002, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Incredible Edible Dude ]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Ahem... umm... I'm going to see them in Dallas in September...This will make the 4th time I've seen them.

Ok, I'll admit it.. I'm a closet creed fan.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I just read the review of yesterday's Louisville show and Jerry Cantrell kicked Creed's ass to a half-filled Freedom Hall (cap. 19,000) crowd. I like Creed but Scott Stapp is too shallow to be 'striking super-hero poses' (according to accounts from the reviewer).

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Couple of thoughts about this show.

Who the fuck is 12 Stone? Couldn't understand a word of the lyrics, too loud, but they put on a hell of a show, for half and hour at least. Blew Cantrell off stage as far as energy and attitude.

Disappointed with Cantrell's set. Three guitars is a bit of overkill, that's all you could hear. Way too gloomy, I almost fell asleep. Total downer after 12 Stone had the place hoppin. Couldn't hear lyrics, the songs pretty much all sounded the same, save for his newest released tune. Did a couple of AIC tunes, let one of his guitarists do Layne's vocal parts. Mostly he just stood there and played. No movement, no attitude, no show. He was good, but it was boring.

Creed, well, they are a headline act. Like them or not, Scott Stapp has an enormous stage presence, he knows how to work a crowd. Yes, he seems to take himself a bit seriously, but no more so than most front men. Guitarist can lay down some great riffs and an occassional solo, but he's a weak link in that band. Bassist, who isn't even a formal member, was very good. Lot's of pyro, good sound mix, great show. The place wasn't full, but this is the third show they've done in this area this year. Looked about 2/3 full, but the crowd was pretty damn enthusiastic. Unbelievable mix of fans, too. 50 year olds, long haired bikers, 20 year olds, teens, 12 year olds, you name it. People in here may not like them, but that was the most diverse crowd (well, they were all white) I've ever seen. And they rocked, hard.

If you don't hate Creed, and you want to see what the crowds at Van Halen shows back in the early to mid 90's were like, and you want to have some fun, go see these guys. And catch the first act, 12 Stone. Just bring earplugs.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Go see Jerry Cantrell on a solo headlining show, you won't be disappointed. He sounds like he was bored or tired that nite. I saw him open for Nickelback, and even though most of the crowd just sat there, he put on a great show, showing emotion.

I saw him in a club last week solo, and man he kicked ass! He tore the place up (it was packed), and played with a lot of energy. If you found the music 'too gloomy', then you probably don't like AIC, cause that's what they do.

I was big into Creed last year, and saw them live. It was pretty good; they have a lot of energy, but the songs and lyrics start to sound the same after a while. My Sacrifice=Higher. IMO after the first album they completely changed, and I don't like their direction, although I did love the new album for a while.

Seriously though, Cantrell is the man. I agree with too many guitars. His is too low in the mix, along with his voice.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

I'll buy that about Cantrell. I am not a huge AIC fan, but I liked them. Saw them open for VH way back in the day (1991?), liked their set from what I can remember. I guess there were two problems in addition to maybe him being tired. First, his music is not a good fit with the other two acts on the bill, who are a bit more uplifting it seems. Second, maybe I just don't like that heavy a dose of the gloom.

I still think it was mostly the mix and too many guitars. Take away one or two guitars, where you can then hear some of the lyrics and the musical nuances of the tunes, and it gets more interesting. The songs all sounded the same, probably because the differences got overcome by the volume.

I hear ya about Creed. They really need to take their time and think out their next album to make sure it doesn't just sound the same. But I will say Higher and My Sacrifice were outstanding last night. They were the last two encores, and really had some energy and power.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Me and my wife are going to the Sept 27 show in Houston. I believe 7 dust is opening. Their first show sold out in less than 4 hours. We barely got tickets to the 2nd show.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When JC does the SOLO tour, I will see him then!!

He kicked ass last summer!!!

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Cantrell definitely delivers a better show when he's headlining!
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    When JC does the SOLO tour, I will see him then!!

He kicked ass last summer!!!
    Dude, he just did a Poughkeepsie show last Monday, ya missed it!! It can't be too far from you. Man, that was an intense show. When he kicked into 'No Excuses' the place was rockin'. He said 'stop guys, y'all gonna make me cry' after that. Really cool. I got to shake his hand, and get 2 picks too. Every solo, he put his foot up on the speaker in front of me. He soloed in my face every song. Fuckin' incredible. Definitely see him in a small setting on a solo tour.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't see how Creed is so huge, sells out arena's, gets great reviews for concerts.........and yet three better artists (Pearl Jam, STP, and Jerry Cantrell) can't sell records anymore and save Pearl Jam, can't headline a tour on their own.

Pretty shitty time for music when Jerry Cantrell is OPENING --OPENING-- for Creed, if you ask me. That's like Pearl Jam opening for Bush.

Ten, Vs., Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, Core, Purple, Tiny Music...Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop, No. 4, Shangri-La Dee Da, Facelift, Sap, Dirt, Jar of Flies, Alice in Chains, MTV Unplugged, Boggy Depot, and Degradation Trip are ALL BETTER ALBUMS/EP's than My Own Prison, Human Clay, and Weathered. No Contest.

Oh yeah--Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, and Layne Staley all make Scott Stapp look like a bitch. A big bitch.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by lovemachine97:

Ten, Vs., Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, Core, Purple, Tiny Music...Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop, No. 4, Shangri-La Dee Da, Facelift, Sap, Dirt, Jar of Flies, Alice in Chains, MTV Unplugged, Boggy Depot, and Degradation Trip are ALL BETTER ALBUMS/EP's than My Own Prison, Human Clay, and Weathered. No Contest.

Oh yeah--Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, and Layne Staley all make Scott Stapp look like a bitch. A big bitch.
    Preach on brotha!!! ALL of those albums kick major f'n ass!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Actually, I think the first Creed album is great, and could be put up there with some of them.

Ten, VS, Core, Purple, Dirt and Jar of Flies are some of THE best rock albums ever made.

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by lovemachine97:
    I can't see how Creed is so huge, sells out arena's, gets great reviews for concerts.........and yet three better artists (Pearl Jam, STP, and Jerry Cantrell) can't sell records anymore and save Pearl Jam, can't headline a tour on their own.

Pretty shitty time for music when Jerry Cantrell is OPENING --OPENING-- for Creed, if you ask me. That's like Pearl Jam opening for Bush.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

well yeah...

i guess them's youngzz kidzzz izzz dumb! [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]