Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Black Crowes Drummer Leaves; More Departures To Come?
    01/08/2002

(1/8/02, 3 p.m. ET) -- After 15 years and eight albums, the Black Crowes appear to be coming apart at the seams. Drummer Steve Gorman has confirmed that he left the group in December. He tells LAUNCH, "It was just time to look into other projects and opportunities. I felt it was time to move on and focus on my own projects. I'm very proud of the music we've made, and now I look forward to going off in my own direction." Gorman, who joined with brothers Chris and Rich Robinson in 1987 in Atlanta, plans to move from New York City to Los Angeles with his wife and young son in order to pursue those opportunities.

On the heels of Gorman's departure are reports that frontman Chris Robinson is leaving the group as well, but those are unconfirmed. Neither the remaining Crowes nor the band's management have yet made any comment.

Signed to Rick Rubin's American Recordings label in 1989, the Crowes hit quickly with their debut album, Shake Your Money Maker, a top-five success that sold more than 4 million copies and launched hits such as "Jealous Again" and a cover of Otis Redding's "Hard To Handle." The Crowes' second album, The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion, topped the Billboard 200 chart in 1992.

Subsequent albums did not sell as well, but the Crowes remained one of the most active rock bands throughout the '90s, co-headlining both the H.O.R.D.E. and Furthur Festival summer tours, and touring with Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page in 1999 and 2000--a union that resulted in the Live At The Greek concert album.

The group has seen several members come and go over the years, including guitarists Jeff Cease and Marc Ford, and bassists Johnny Colt and Sven Pipien.

The Crowes' most recent album is 2001's Lions, which the band supported with an appearance at the South By Southwest music festival and their Tour Of Brotherly Love, an outing with fellow familial bands Oasis and Spacehog.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

It was due to happen. They really went downhill after they fired Marc Ford.

'Stand By Your Side' & 'Lions' is 100% pure shit. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

"Dick" Rich Robinson wanted to be the man. Without Marc "Dick" is nothing. Plus I think Chris Robinson might be the biggest asshole in the biz, oh wait, that honor goes to Axl, my buzz. I can never get through an whole interview with Chris without him slamming other people, usually bands they are or they did play with (usually after they're done touring with other bands they talk shit about them i.e.: DLR, Blues Traveler etc.)

I'm surprised Steve Gorman & Eddie Harsch didn't quit sooner.

Fuck the Robinson brothers.

Thanks for the info Fan! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

M*U*L*E

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

OK...if ever there was a band that should change it's name if Brother Chris leaves...

That's too bad, yet inevitable. I saw them in concert back in '97 (or so) and man, they tore the roof off the theater here! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    OK...if ever there was a band that should change it's name if Brother Chris leaves...

That's too bad, yet inevitable. I saw them in concert back in '97 (or so) and man, they tore the roof off the theater here! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

They were a great live band up until they fired Marc Ford. After that they were doing the same setlist night after night, just like another band around here but I won't mention any names.

But I've recently heard they went back to mixing up the set list again, which is good but it sounds like they're done anyway.

R.I.P BC!

[ January 08, 2002 at 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Rod Dangle ]</p>
    M*U*L*E

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Black Crowes On Hiatus, Chris Robinson To Go Solo
    01/08/2002

(1/8/02, 8 p.m. ET) -- In the wake of drummer Steve Gorman's departure (LAUNCH, 1/8), the Black Crowes have announced that after 15 years and eight albums, the band is "taking a hiatus," with no time frame put on the break. In a statement today (January 8) from the group's spokesman, it was also revealed that frontman Chris Robinson is pursuing a solo career and that fans should "stay tuned for (guitarist) Rich Robinson's plans."

Gorman confirmed to LAUNCH today that he left the Crowes in December, saying, "It was just time to look into other projects and opportunities. I felt it was time to move on and focus on my own projects. I'm very proud of the music we've made, and now I look forward to going off in my own direction." Gorman, who joined with brothers Chris and Rich Robinson in 1987 in Atlanta, plans to move from New York City to Los Angeles with his wife and young son in order to pursue those opportunities.

Signed to Rick Rubin's American Recordings label in 1989, the Crowes hit quickly with their debut album, Shake Your Money Maker, a top-five success that sold more than four million copies and launched hits such as "Jealous Again" and a cover of Otis Redding's "Hard To Handle." The Crowes' second album, The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion, topped the Billboard 200 chart in 1992.

Subsequent albums did not sell as well, but the Crowes remained one of the most active rock bands throughout the '90s, co-headlining both the H.O.R.D.E. and Furthur Festival summer tours, and touring with Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page in 1999 and 2000--a union that resulted in the Live At The Greek concert album.

The group has seen several members come and go over the years, including guitarists Jeff Cease and Marc Ford, and bassists Johnny Colt and Sven Pipien.

The Crowes' most recent album is 2001's Lions, which the band supported with an appearance at the South By Southwest music festival and their Tour Of Brotherly Love, an outing with fellow familial bands Oasis and Spacehog.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.02.17 @ 03:38 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

My two fav bands on "hiatus"....

maybe(hopefully) as one goes into hibernation, another wakes up? Here's hoping

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

THE BLACK CROWES Update: The New York Post Perspective - Jan. 9, 2002

The following item was published in today's edition of The New York Post:

“THE BLACK CROWES are dead ducks.

“After more than 10 years of hits and hell-raising, the swaggering Southern rockers — anchored by battling brothers Chris and Rich Robinson — have called it quits.

“Sources close to the band are blaming their bust-up on Chris Robinson's wife, actress Kate Hudson, best known for her role as a groupie queen in Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous.

“Though they stopped short of branding Hudson rock's latest Yoko Ono, who broke up THE BEATLES, our sources says: 'Ever since Chris married Kate the whole band dynamic has changed. He's just not around the guys the way he used to be.'

“The band's longtime publicist, Mitch Schneider, told The Post's Dan Aquilante that Robinson has decided to pursue a solo career and that the CROWES 'are taking a hiatus, for the time being.' He added that drummer Steve Gorman has left the group for 'personal reasons.'

“Schneider shot down rumors that Robinson had broke up the CROWES via a fax that announced his solo career and declared the band 'irrelevant.'

"'There was no fax,' Schneider said. 'Rich talks regularly with his brother. In fact, they spent Christmas together in Aspen.'

“THE BLACK CROWES rocketed up the charts with their rollicking 1990 debut Shake Your Money Maker, which drew comparisons to the ROLLING STONES and THE FACES.

“But from the very start, the Atlanta-bred band was plagued by the stormy, often violent relationship between frontman Chris Robinson and lead guitarist Rich.

“The brothers frequently got into fist fights on-stage and bickered during interviews. Chris recently told an interviewer: 'We're definitely older and wiser, but the fact is we are brothers. Brothers are supposed to fight. We're getting along better now than ever. You have to go through rough times to get tighter.'

“The band spoofed its notoriously bad behavior by touring last year with OASIS, whose Liam and Noel Gallagher have also scrapped on-stage, and calling it the Brotherly Love tour.

“Chris Robinson has one of the shorter fuses in rock. In 1991 he was convicted of spitting on a 7-Eleven customer for not knowing who THE BLACK CROWES were. The shaggy-haired singer has also barred The Post from his New York concerts because of an unfavorable record review.

“But Chris's rancor mellowed somewhat after he married Hudson last year. After he got hitched to the 22-year-old blonde daughter of Goldie Hawn, Robinson, 35, became a fixture at chic parties in Hollywood and Aspen, and was often quoted gushing about his beautiful bride.”

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I just stopped over at the official Crowes site and they are calling Kate "Yoko" over there

we know that's not true because EVERYONE knows that "Yoko" is Valerie!!!

Yeah, bands break up. Everyone thinks The Beatles lasted forever but they broke up after less than a decade of makin' hits.

And if anyone knows about "hiatus" it's the Van Halen fans

they'll get back together, maybe in 3 or 4 years, when their music comes back around.

I hate to see it happen, because I'm a big fan of the band--and I could care less about who the guitar player is for that band, sorry, My opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]

so Chris has "gone Hollywood" eh??? He'll learn and he'll be back rockin' sometime
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I can't believe that marriage has lasted this long. I certainly don't see them making it to the finish line.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 11,593 Times in 4,941 Posts

No offense to Black Crowes fans, but I mean their last few albums have been flat out horrible. Maybe a break or a break-up for now would be a good idea.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I thinks 'Lions' and 'By Your Side' are two TREMEDOUS albums! And e'ry show that I've seen with the Crowes has been amazing,e'ry bootleg badass. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Their cover of "Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" in a 2001 gig I attended was awesome. Hopefully, Chris and Young Rich Robinson will continue to work together[course,I always hoped Dave and Ed would, too]. Not really worried 'bout the rest of the band, tho SG was a good rhythm skin king. Wasn't Marc Ford always too fucked up to play live, even playing different songs than the rest of the band?? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:
    Wasn't Marc Ford always too fucked up to play live, even playing different songs than the rest of the band?? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

No that was just the Robinson Brothers piss poor excuse to fire the dude. Dick wanted to be the man, he was tired of getting outplayed night after night.

See the thing with the Crowes was, in the beginning they were doing things Chris' way, doing the Jam Bands scene, you know the whole hippie thing. Dick was letting Chris steer the band in the direction he wanted to go in. 4 albums later & after they signed that big deal with CBS, it was Dick's turn to run the show. BOOM, Marc's out "'cause he's fucked up & playing different songs on stage blah blah blah". Like I said before Dick wanted to be the man. He's a control freak like Edward. Guess who plays most of the bass on 'Lions'??? Dick! Now that's a control freak. The Robinson's are assholes, look how many members they've chased away, their original guitarist (I can't think of his name right now), Johnny Colt, Marc Ford, Sven Pippien (sp?) & now Gorman.

Now I'm not saying that Marc didn't have his problems but Chris should be the last one to talk about drug problems. I've seen Marc sit in on a couple of shows with Gov't Mule about a year & half ago & I saw him with Blue Floyd a bunch of times, he sounded just as good as he did with the Crowes, if not better. You gotta remember those Robinson pricks constantly slam other bands, check out past interviews with those guys they always have some stupid ass remark about somebody, even dear ol' DLR.

Sorry Loons but their last 2 albums are really weak. They're not even close to 'Amorica' or 'Southern Harmony...' Those 2 albums are the real Black Crowes......"Sho nuff!"

M*U*L*E

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinners Swing
    Last Online

01.05.06 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rod Dangle:

They're not even close to 'Amorica' or 'Southern Harmony...' Those 2 albums are the real Black Crowes......"Sho nuff!"
    <hr></blockquote>

Ahhh.... Southern Harmony. My favorite. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Although, I like "Lions" too...

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

RD, I hear ya preachin' brotha an' I respect your opinions, but how can you say an album with,"Horsehead," is weak? Even Jimmy Page will tell ya that's a CRUCIAL 'Crowes toon. An' I juss dig" Lions", but hey it's all gravy! Dontchoo dig' Faster'? "Lickin'" is the ol' school funk if ya acksk me...NAH LOOKY HERE!!...SHO NUFF I DO!!...a lil' shugga fo ya mind...gettin' high with three eyes...always have dug the Humble Pie, Faces, Stones, n Zep gumbo... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Marc Ford was pretty awesome on the Foamfoot bootleg w/ C.R. in '94(David Crosby jammed with 'em on a tune, too).

[ January 11, 2002 at 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Blind Willie Loons ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

just ran over to the Crowes' message board again and found out.

1)for some reason, I'm no longer registered there
    2)a bunch of fans went to a Marc Ford show and hung out with Chris R., Kate Hudson, and Marc Ford who informed them that they(Chris and Marc) are in a new band together! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

I love the Crowes, assholes or not. And while I've been disapointed with band member changes over the years I didn't dwell on it like I do over this Van Halen thing, but MAN, those Crowes fans over there on their board go crazy over the whole "Marc Ford fiasco"

but I found great songs on their last two albums, and if you took the two and combined them, you woiuld have a great record.

whoever doesn't like The Crowes*cough*Brett*cough* should go out and get their first three albums and then snag a copy of that video bootleg they made on the "High as the Moon" tour from Germany

then you'll see just how HAIN The Crowes are! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ January 11, 2002 at 10:31 AM: Message edited by: hain23x ]</p>
    Eat Us and Smile!