Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I'm thinking of this while just listening to a Sammy Hagar show in STL last year. OK...a couple of the places Sammy gets the biggest crowds is St. Louis and assumably San Fran. I'd imagine Ted Nugent is big in Detroit. KISS is big in Detroit and NYC. Aerosmith is probably pretty big in Boston. So what other cities give other bands BIG welcomes? Is there one particular place VH can count on a HUGE welcome / turnout? LA maybe?
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Donor

I have a interview from 98' where they were playing in Devore, Ca. it said playing a gig near LA meant huge guest lists...that Ed, Al, and Mike all had family and friends at the show. They asked Ed if playing a hometown gig was more stressful and he said "No, its one big party. Just more people we know." [img]smile.gif[/img]
    GO PENS!!

"Have fun in Canada, Boomhauer. Don't you dare come back a hockey fan.​" - Hank Hill

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Slightly off topic, but I read a RUSH biography years ago and they said they hated playing in their hometown of Toronto because every family member and old friend would be hassling them for tickets and passes.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

John Melncamp in Indy is always just awsome!
    Up Front Fanatics.......................................... .................................................. .........................................I never met a man does'nt owe somebody somethin

"They had me at fuck off".....Track 5 talking bout Glenn and Seenbad when he first posted at the links!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    Is there one particular place VH can count on a HUGE welcome / turnout?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have these boots from when they played Toronto and Montreal were the crowds just went nuts. Any venue they play anywere is pretty much going to be sold out with the exception of the 3 tour. I hear there's a place on the east coast were Dave says if we only had to play one city on the east coast it would be here. I don't know the name of that city, lol, but I'd have to give my vote to all Canadiens as rowdiest VH fans on the planet.

[ March 29, 2001 at 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Eyes of the Night ]
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags<br /><br /> G4 guitar player files at <a href="http://www.freedrive.com" target="_blank">www.freedrive.com</a> the username and password are both vhlinks(lowercase). My file is under No Bozo's ...

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eyes of the Night:
    I hear there's a place on the east coast were Dave says if we only had to play one city on the east coast it would be here
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Every concert Dave ever played was the loudest he'd ever heard.LOL

That's a pretty standard lead singer cliche, "you guys kick (enter the last cities name)'s ass". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eyes of the Night:
    I'd have to give my vote to all Canadiens as rowdiest VH fans on the planet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>fuckin eh, eh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    word to all the canadian fans, you know who you are. word to EOTN for knowing his shit. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

and i'd agree with glenn, lead singers always do that.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:
    Word to EOTN for knowing his shit. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Lol, Montreal 84' was in that Dome. They were so frickin' loud you could not even hear the band!? Well, the band had to turn it UP so to' speak but they went MAD. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Now I also have the 95' Toronto one, and the same with them but Sam had to warm them up a bit but in the end they(VH) HAD to play an extra song(Panama) just to give em' thanks for that venue.
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags<br /><br /> G4 guitar player files at <a href="http://www.freedrive.com" target="_blank">www.freedrive.com</a> the username and password are both vhlinks(lowercase). My file is under No Bozo's ...