06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's Party! [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Who's going?!

Test5150
    Originally posted by Joe5150:
    Let's Party! [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Who's going?!
    It looks like me, Brian and a friend of his will be going. What time are you getting there?

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Chelle:
    It looks like me, Brian and a friend of his will be going. What time are you getting there?
    I probably won't get there until about 11:30.

Test5150
    Joe, give me a call. I'm at work. Thanks.

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm going to move this to the Fans Meeting Music Forum for ya guys. We like to keep this area clear.

Have fun at the show guys! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Test5150
    Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    I'm going to move this to the Fans Meeting Music Forum for ya guys.
    'bout time

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    'bout time

Joe, give me a call. I'm at work. Thanks.

</font>[/QUOTE]The Atomic Punks are more "main discussion" Van Halen than Van Halen is Van Halen.

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

quote:
    Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    'bout time [/QUOTE]Haha, I don't get paid for this. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Test5150
    LOL [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Test5150
    What an incredible show! Russ does a great job as Eddie....I was really surprised.

Two special guests showed up and brought the house down. None other than Brian Young and Ray Luzier. There were several funny moments, such as when Brian Young first took the stage and Russ ripped off his wig and stomped off in an apparent hissy fit. It was just like the scene in Rock Star - if you've seen it you'll know I'm talking about. LOL. But then he came back and took the bass from Joe Lester. Ralph commented, "hey, just like old times." So then Ray Luzier steps up and takes over the drums. After a few minutes, Ralph points offstage at Scott and yells, "YOU'RE FIRED!"

What a show! Where the hell where you, Joe?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down & 1984
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What an incredible show! Russ does a great job as Eddie....I was really surprised.

Two special guests showed up and brought the house down. None other than Brian Young and Ray Luzier. There were several funny moments, such as when Brian Young first took the stage and Russ ripped off his wig and stomped off in an apparent hissy fit. It was just like the scene in Rock Star - if you've seen it you'll know I'm talking about. LOL. But then he came back and took the bass from Joe Lester. Ralph commented, "hey, just like old times." So then Ray Luzier steps up and takes over the drums. After a few minutes, Ralph points offstage at Scott and yells, "YOU'RE FIRED!"

What a show! Where the hell where you, Joe?
    My $.02...

This was my 2nd time seeing The punks. (The first time was back in May, also at the Whiskey). I went
    with 'Chelle and another friend of mine, both of whom have also seen the punks previously. As always,
    the guys did not disappoint. I was standing there thinking "Hmmm, last time we were down here, the
    drummer from Ratt was in the audience", they brought him up on stage to play a song or two with the
    Punks. "...I wonder who's in the audience tonight?" Well, I didn't have to wonder too long. Maybe 2-3
    minutes later, Ralph is between songs, talking about Brian Young, their previous guitar player, who
    was touring with DLR, when Russ hollers "He's HERE RALPH!!!" [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] the spotlight flips over, and sure
    enough, Brian Young was there in the audience. A short time later, Ralph brings him up on stage.
    Turns out that Ray Luzier was also there, and he comes up on stage too. As Ray was getting settled
    in behind the drums, Ralph looks at Ray and says "Hey, Don't break my drums, A**hole! "
    (something about them 'just being a little tribute band, not big rich rock stars..." ) Russ hands
    over the guitar, and Brian cranks into a killer rendition of "Unchained". Russ moved over to bass, and
    they tore the place down. Ralph made some comment about "Just like old times..."
    Apparently Ralph wasn't TOO disappointed with the job that Ray did on drums, cuz half way through
    the first tune, Ralph looks over at Scott, sitting there off to the side of the stage and says "You're
    fired!"

At one point the band launched into a killer version of "Why can't this be love?" (This was just after
    Ralph's classic "disseratation" about "If you came here expecting to hear some Sammy Hagar Van
    Halen..." well, if you've seen the punks, you know the speech I'm talking about.) Ralph gets this funny
    look on his face and says "Well, this is how DAVE woulda done this song..." and kicked into quite a
    good vocal rendition, complete with the classic "dave screams". They only did a few bars before Ralph
    stopped it, but I must say, even if it was "Van Hagar", they did an excellent reproduction.

True to what they've always tried to be, the Punks delivered a show full of Classic Van Halen. It was
    certainly a treat having Brian Young and Ray Luzier added to the mix. In my personal opinion, I thought that Russ did an excellent job on the guitar, but Brian Young, he's not. I got the impression that Russ felt that way himself... before Brian came on stage, Russ was playing "Eruption" and stopped once, commenting "Hey, I'm Nervous... Brian's Watching."

It was a great show, and I left already looking forward to "Next time".

I'll sum it up with a hearty "Well Done!" [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You can't polish a turd." - Ozzy Osborne

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The Punks revvin' up WCTBL juss a lil' bit?? Wow, reminds me of their lil' how Dave woulda cooked up,"Beat It!"

The Punks reign. 'Nuff said sho' nough'!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Two special guests showed up and brought the house down. None other than Brian Young and Ray Luzier. So then Ray Luzier steps up and takes over the drums. After a few minutes, Ralph points offstage at Scott and yells, "YOU'RE FIRED!"
    Shit, I only wish Ray would take over on drums! That would make for a KILLER band! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chelle:
    Two special guests showed up and brought the house down. None other than Brian Young and Ray Luzier. So then Ray Luzier steps up and takes over the drums. After a few minutes, Ralph points offstage at Scott and yells, "YOU'RE FIRED!"
    Shit, I only wish Ray would take over on drums! That would make for a KILLER band! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]As someone who has been enjoying Atomic Punks shows since September, 1995, I think Scott Patterson does a fine job on drums.

Besides, don't you want Ray to stay with David Lee Roth, to make THAT a KILLER band, or, are you saying The Atomic Punks are the better band and Ray's talent is wasted with David Lee Roth? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Or, do you still want David Lee Roth back with Van Halen and Ray with The Atomic Punks?

Test5150
    Originally posted by Joe5150:

Or, do you still want David Lee Roth back with Van Halen and Ray with The Atomic Punks?
    Exactly [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]