Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I haven't done this in a LOOOONG time, but, here goes;
    Well, it's almost 2002 and what can I tell ya? several "Hair bands" from the 80's have slapped on the 'ol "hair hats" and taken the act out on the road this past summer. It's almost as if the music business was hit over the head with a brick and dragged into a back ally-way in 1990 and held hostage while the talentless masses where left at the helm of the Starship Enterprise, only to crash it into the first planet that came along because the crew was too busy raving and doing "X" to really give a shit!
    Now, I don't wanna go off on a rant here, but it seams to me that the climate of music these days is a virtual Mongolian cluster fuck of one-hit-wonder rap-metal, backward baseball cap wearing wanna-be's that wouldn't know how to be a real rock star if they took David Lee Roth's "Hotel Room Etiquette 101"!
    These marginally talented dweebs have forgotten what ROCK is all about! In exchange for actual musicianship, these skateboard wielding stage divers substituted DJ's looping CD's of musicians so that they can scream "ROLLY POLLY" a hundred times over & over again much like a retard at the zoo pointing & drooling at the fat Gorilla beating off over his freshly eaten banana peel saying "lookie lookie Lou!"
    Yeah Fred Durst, I'm talking to you and those of your ilk! Limp Biscuit and Korn are the Dr. Mengella's of hard rock. It's one thing to take the music to a new level and , as that cooking guy says "kick it up a notch", it's another thing to take the music and totally fuck it up, then shove it so far down the throats of the younger generation that they take a plastic shit! All this while truly talented musicians are reduced to playing 500 seat clubs, when they should be in the stadiums kicking ass!
    The big thing now is that "our music" has become the "underground alternative" and we are anxiously awaiting the rebirth of our saviors, Van Halen, because lets face it folks, the party ended almost at the same time Diamond Dave split (or got kicked out, whatever).
    Is it fair to put so much pressure on these guys to "save the soul" of hard rock? NO! but then again, it's about as fair as a band having a website & never saying 2 words to the fan base (hint hint).
    But, that's just My opinion.. I could be wrong......
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do find it hard to beleive that you can't find something that you kinda like about some of the newer bands.

Limp Bizkit's "My Way" has gotta decent hook to it.

Incubus sounds pretty good on the raido, but not quite good enough for me to break out the cash.

That band that does that "Smack My Ass" song is pretty cool,.....Puddle of Mud.

There are parts of Linkin Parks tunes, that I dig but they're not really my cup of tea.

I just don't think that anyone is really shoving anything down our throats. Now more than ever bands can reach out (via the net) and get their music heard.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

SMUDGE!!!!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Damn!!

Can I get an AMEN??? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That would be called "having the option of turning off the radio and putting on a record".
    And beyond the horizon.... a sound was heard.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eddie:
    That would be called "having the option of turning off the radio and putting on a record".<hr></blockquote>

Amen to that, bro. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.05 @ 03:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Pls..sorry, smudge, i know wot u mean about this new wave stuff, but like jimmy sed little bits of it are'nt too bad. My boy is 17 & he likes that sort of thing so I know wot it sounds like, hell I like that puddle of mud tune as well.

But there are some things I would like you to consider for a moment:

You've had a few "hair bands" tourin in the U.S, lucky bastard!! Here in the U.K and prbly the rest of europe, we've hadFUCK ALL ....

...And do you think VH would be able to fill stadiums worldwide...

I'm outahere....